W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Aug 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #2,116 of 3,914
Quote:
oh yeah I KNEW you'd notice that part!!!!  Hey  Kabuto.... he's from SPACE mang, so he's not perfect. Just listening to an interview with him now and he said it was something like 20+ people on that track 
ph34r.gif

Damn you know me so well.
rolleyes.gif
  I thought it was just one person with lots of computer generated voices. haha

Damn this track hella reminds me of the tone of this movie:

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #2,117 of 3,914
not sure how many people know him here but here is Sage Francis

vs SLUG

VS akrobatik

SF this is an MC that knows how to battle and can still do meaningful songs, for any hip-hop head your battle MC rants is quite dumbfounding, battling is part of being a complete MC.

this is the only other dude I know that can talk and rap at the same time nicely

his music a little too grown up for me at times or just not relatable, which I find a lot with this type of artists -.-

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #2,118 of 3,914
^ Kami my dood, you shouldn't really take what i say THAT seriously tbh.
tongue_smile.gif

To me it's just the majority of those famous battle emcees can't really get the same amount of buzz as they had during the peak of their fame. When was the last time you seen a battle emcee become crazy famous or had a lot of buzz after their battling career. Maybe i am referring to mainstream success instead of making meaning music then. haha

But yeah most of the doods that are getting a lot of buzz and fame don't even need to know how to rap all that well, let alone having to be battle tested.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #2,121 of 3,914
Quote:
This is real, right?

not sure, it was just a retelling of his come-up and made into hollywood friendly movie. But if I have to guess, it was similar enough since those kinds of moments will live on in your head

Quote:
^^^^^ theres always eminem LMAO 

there was also biggie, jay, nas.....

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #2,124 of 3,914
Quote:
I was pretty much being sarcastic, I doubt anything of the sort happened, at least nothing that large or amazing.

Well this is awkward cuz something like that did happen and that's pretty much how he started.

Something similar thing happened with Jin eerily too, with the self-depreciating thing and his opponents had nothing to rap cuz he already dissed himself.

This whole vid isn't in chronological order, 4:10 is his first battle. His next battle is 7:25, opponent choked lol

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #2,125 of 3,914
My bad for bringing back the Control fiasco, BUT...

She kept it the realest out of all the responses so far, absolutely nailed Kendrick's point in the coffin. Papoose and Cassidy were being a bit juvenile with their responses, gay jokes, name calling and what not.

EDIT: She goes by the name, Alyssa Marie.

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #2,126 of 3,914
Sorry I've been out of town.  Back at it tomorrow.

Seriously some of the most downright badass lyrics ever.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2,127 of 3,914
Quote:
Well this is awkward cuz something like that did happen and that's pretty much how he started.

Something similar thing happened with Jin eerily too, with the self-depreciating thing and his opponents had nothing to rap cuz he already dissed himself.

This whole vid isn't in chronological order, 4:10 is his first battle. His next battle is 7:25, opponent choked lol

Meng i still can't believe jin is doing Christian pop rap in Hong Kong these days. But am glad he has made it there and is living a happy life. Still musically he has tanked to the bottom for me, and i use to be a huge Stan.
triportsad.gif

Probably just was a big of a Stan as Kami is for Em'.
tongue.gif

Quote:
My bad for bringing back the Control fiasco, BUT...

She kept it the realest out of all the responses so far, absolutely nailed Kendrick's point in the coffin. Papoose and Cassidy were being a bit juvenile with their responses, gay jokes, name calling and what not.

EDIT: She goes by the name, Alyssa Marie.

haha i use to listen to her ep "Welcome Home." She's pretty good for a girl.
tongue_smile.gif

... sounds like she has improved. Nice nice. This Ronnie Creed beat goes down smooth
Quote:
Sorry I've been out of town.  Back at it tomorrow.

Seriously some of the most downright badass lyrics ever.

Damnnnn BADASS vid quality as well. haha Hard to make out what they are saying, but sounds like some good funky monkey stuff.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back