W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Jun 18, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #1,816 of 3,914
^

... damn it's hard to find stuff these dayz.
angry_face.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #1,819 of 3,914
Well... Where do I get started, I couldn't possibly post anywhere near all the rap I listen to on here, it would take far too long :)

I listen to just about anyone and everyone I can. This really isn't a good representation of all the rap music I listen to, rather it is just a few of the last songs I have in my likes list on youtube, and I dont really listen to much music on youtube. Pretty much, you name them, I listen to them but most of these songs are just people associated with vinnie paz in one way or another.

I have about 5k songs on my computer the last time I checked, so yeah, this is nothing. :p

I am posting a lot because I get no love for what I listen to on OCN, 90% of those people listen to electric music.

Going to spoiler this because I am sure I would get an instaban for this many videos..

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #1,820 of 3,914
^ LoL, clicked on the 1st vid and i already got two middle fingers.
cool.gif

Great variety there meng, i also listen to Gift of Gab/ Blackalicous, some Jedi/ Vinnie Paz, Common, Tablib Kweli, etc that you have linked. Might need to check out the others though.

Haven't been listening to much American hip hop of late, but have gave Kanyes new album a spin and it wasn't my cup of tea or that impressive, heard Jay Zs recent release was pretty meh as well, so is still waiting for some a great hip hop album i can bump to.

But on the Korean Hip Hop front there as been pretty good stuff, these are my recent favs:

... this beat/ flow is on some chillax bangerz sh!Ts.

... DAT VOICE.
blink.gif
<3s Dat Biggie reference.
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #1,821 of 3,914
lol

I don't really bother trying to listen to much newer rap, especially from people like kanye and jay z, I like a lot of the whole beast coast movement stuff though.

I found this album recently and liked it a lot. Here are some songs from it.

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #1,822 of 3,914
^ That's some smooth/ chillax sounding stuff meng, that chick is pretty nice. Nice effortless chill flow, me likey. 

Yeppp kinda hard to really find great hip hop in the mainstream these days, they are all so gimmicky or over hyped it seems. There are some gems in the underground but you will have to really dig. That's why my search for hip hop went international, cuz there are lots of amazing hip hop all over the world, and by this i just mean South Korea. hoho
ksc75smile.gif

But i haven't been doing much digging of late, so pretty much outta the American hip hop scene. Gonna check out your recs for sure.
beerchug.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #1,823 of 3,914
I haven't been around head-fi in a while, but the new SE846 has sparked a new interest in me (along with this hip-hop thread, as always, haha). My question now is, does anyone on this forum (or thread) rap or write/perform spoken poetry?

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,825 of 3,914
Quote:
As a Korean FOB, I still don't like Korean rap, btw (even though I appreciate it a lot more now). Just a difference in opinion :)

Ohh I remember you from earlier when the thread was still young. Highly doubt you are FOB when you can write like the way you did.

SE846 is too steep of a price to consider when HE-500 is just 700

I haven't been around head-fi in a while, but the new SE846 has sparked a new interest in me (along with this hip-hop thread, as always, haha). My question now is, does anyone on this forum (or thread) rap or write/perform spoken poetry?

didn't see this post till now, why ask?

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #1,826 of 3,914
Quote:
As a Korean FOB, I still don't like Korean rap, btw (even though I appreciate it a lot more now). Just a difference in opinion :)

+
Quote:
Ohh I remember you from earlier when the thread was still young. Highly doubt you are FOB when you can write like the way you did.

= i think he meant that he is a FOB to the Korean culture fool!!!
tongue.gif
It's not always that conventional FOB ya' know, goes both ways.

On that note what's not to love, sh!T bangs!!!
L3000.gif

Hi-Lite Records is doing contemporary Hip Hop sooo right. Crazy talented/ cohesive groups of doods.

This beat/ change up on this remix is ill.

Damn that P-Type feature on Soulscape beat.
cool.gif

See you just gave me the license to spam this Korean hip hop sh!Ts haha.
deadhorse.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #1,827 of 3,914
Quote:

Dood Fff all those $$$$s gears, just get the Philips X1s for like $250, will kill those Chinaman HEs, etc.

Hey Kami go check out those cheapo $40 Vsonic VSD1, they are crazy nice. Literally has like 85-90% of the gr07 BEs easy, damnnnn. I just got them and they are amazing.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #1,828 of 3,914
Quote:
Dood Fff all those $$$$s gears, just get the Philips X1s for like $250, will kill those Chinaman HEs, etc.

Hey Kami go check out those cheapo $40 Vsonic VSD1, they are crazy nice. Literally has like 85-90% of the gr07 BEs easy, damnnnn. I just got them and they are amazing.

there's no Philips X1 distributor here yet to try. Besides, if I already have the HE-500 which already performs a technically superior bass response, why should I downgrade? not to mention I already got an amp for it, it would be another $500 wasted.

In regards to VSD1, why would I downgrade again -.- Actually, I am looking at customs now unless some other universal can be seen as a clear upgrade to GR07s and I not talking about $500 upgrade either. I wanna keep IEM under $400.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #1,829 of 3,914
Quote:
there's no Philips X1 distributor here yet to try. Besides, if I already have the HE-500 which already performs a technically superior bass response, why should I downgrade? not to mention I already got an amp for it, it would be another $500 wasted.

In regards to VSD1, why would I downgrade again -.- Actually, I am looking at customs now unless some other universal can be seen as a clear upgrade to GR07s and I not talking about $500 upgrade either. I wanna keep IEM under $400.

^ Spoken like a true NOOB!!! : P

See "technically" the HEs when "properly" amped might be better then the X1s, BUT why not just sell off them pricey cans/amps and just get the X1s plus an great sounding portable amp/dac for the price of the HEs??? You gotta play it smart meng. Plus the X1s looks sooooo much more sexy, and they are the most comfy cans i have even worn. So light, with little to no clamp and overall comfy as hell. Fits like a glove for me.

You see the VSD1 is like the funner version of your gr07s, much better bass for hip hop music with zero sibilance unlike your original gr07s. I can even sell off my gr07 BEs and just use the VSD1 and not feel like i am missing out much of anything. That's how good they are meng. So these VSD1 kinda complement your bass sissy gr07s very well me thinks.
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,830 of 3,914
Quote:
^ Spoken like a true NOOB!!! : P

See "technically" the HEs when "properly" amped might be better then the X1s, BUT why not just sell off them pricey cans/amps and just get the X1s plus an great sounding portable amp/dac for the price of the HEs??? You gotta play it smart meng. Plus the X1s looks sooooo much more sexy, and they are the most comfy cans i have even worn. So light, with little to no clamp and overall comfy as hell. Fits like a glove for me.

You see the VSD1 is like the funner version of your gr07s, much better bass for hip hop music with zero sibilance unlike your original gr07s. I can even sell off my gr07 BEs and just use the VSD1 and not feel like i am missing out much of anything. That's how good they are meng. So these VSD1 kinda complement your bass sissy gr07s very well me thinks.
ksc75smile.gif

Honestly, I would have stayed with a magni/modi if it had a better knob for volume control. HE-500 look more boss, X1 has an old crusty dude look to it but audio quality comes first so...

more bass? eww no, I don't want my mids drowned even more with that ugly bass boost. BTW there's no sibilance since it has no treble anyway lol. I need to use my IEMs for metal/rock, I am already suffering with the GR07s, too bloody bassy causing enough loss in the balance with treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back