W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Feb 6, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #3,091 of 3,914
What do you mean by acquired taste, in what aspect of that song specifically?  I have only heard parts of that album but from what I have heard, the theme sounds like Kool G Rap playing as the Don and Necro is the brutal enforcer/hitman.

Kool G Rap cannot be an acquired taste IMO, his lyrical abilities have been the backbone of many rappers that superseded him. Necro is one of them especially. If we are talking about Necro exclusively though then yes he would be an acquired taste as his concepts typically are dark and unforgiving in nature. Lyrically though, he is one of the illest.

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #3,092 of 3,914

If we are talking about Necro exclusively though then yes he would be an acquired taste

Exactly 
wink.gif

It's my first post in this thread, I didn't want to go too hard, too fast. Heh.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #3,093 of 3,914
Actual hip-hop talk is welcome, it is a little scarce in this thread due to the random KPOP tangents by the OP of all people.

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #3,102 of 3,914
OH MY LAWD!!  Raekwon on the vid so it's legit new Wu song

New Phife Dawg, Dilla tribute

/img/vimeo_logo.png 

Feb 13, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #3,103 of 3,914
  Does anyone have one of those songs that has some rap thrown into a song? Not pure rap, but you know, the kind that's there and not the focus. I hope that made sense... Masa roll is gonna roll me.

KPOP!!! Most groups have a "rapper" that does some rap during songs. It's quite interesting that rapping is a norm in KPOP actually, even though their version is a far cry to what it should be.

It start at 0:26, he is extremely skilled.

He is kind of average actually just based on that on song though

Feb 13, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #3,104 of 3,914
thread needs more drill/trap music tbh. Lil Bibby and Lil Herb are the next to blow from the chi imo

Lil Bibby x Lil Herb- Kill ****

King Louie x Lil Herb- Eastside ****

Fredo Santana x Juelz Santana- Rollie on my wrist

SD- Don't Believe Me

Feb 13, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #3,105 of 3,914
  thread needs more drill/trap music tbh. Lil Bibby and Lil Herb are the next to blow from the chi imo

Lil Bibby x Lil Herb- Kill ****

King Louie x Lil Herb- Eastside ****

Fredo Santana x Juelz Santana- Rollie on my wrist

SD- Don't Believe Me

That last one is hot, the other ones is thrash. Where is that dude from? I hope trap music hasn't lost its meaning. Trap music to me is early Jeezy, TI, Yung Won, and a bevy of ATL rappers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back