W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Feb 15, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #3,121 of 3,914

need dem ignant bangers mang 
atsmile.gif

^ FTFY!!!

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #3,122 of 3,914
For those looking for new ignent bangers, OJ's latest mixtape is ******* nuts. http://www.datpiff.com/OJ-Da-Juiceman-Alaska-In-Atlanta-2-mixtape.569115.html

Feb 16, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #3,123 of 3,914

I thought you miss spelled "trill" with "drill" first when I saw it lol I was expecting smooth bumby south music to be honest. 

I didn't like that song you just posted. Reminds me of a 14 year old just discovering gangster rap and decided to make a song emulating what he just heard.

You gotta realize what drill is. It's a Chicago movement made by the guys who are living in the thick of the ****. This isn't kids emulating what they've heard. These are kids who are lucky to be alive. If you keep your eye on the Chicago news every couple of months one of them gets killed. One of them, Lil Jay, has been hit like 11 times so far and he's still around. It's kind of terrifying.

And What are you guys all talking trap but acting like Gucci doesn't exist. Damn.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #3,124 of 3,914

You gotta realize what drill is. It's a Chicago movement made by the guys who are living in the thick of the ****. This isn't kids emulating what they've heard. These are kids who are lucky to be alive. If you keep your eye on the Chicago news every couple of months one of them gets killed. One of them, Lil Jay, has been hit like 11 times so far and he's still around. It's kind of terrifying.

And What are you guys all talking trap but acting like Gucci doesn't exist. Damn.

The song you posted was good but I am not impressed by your explanation, there has always been "the struggle" topics in rap, it is nothing new. To be honest, if they really want their message/social-report(which a majority of hip-hop is regardless of lyricism) to be taken seriously then they have to make their music proper. The song you posted was decent in that regards. A ****tily produced song with ignorant lyrics with a cater to catchy will not work and only adds to the stereotype. It can also insinuate glorification as outside listeners of hip hop will not take the message seriously and see it as an act to copy. The seasoned hip-hop head will see it as I see it above but not the newbies, note 

Gucci is thrash, deal with it.

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #3,125 of 3,914
  The song you posted was good but I am not impressed by your explanation, there has always been "the struggle" topics in rap, it is nothing new. To be honest, if they really want their message/social-report(which a majority of hip-hop is regardless of lyricism) to be taken seriously then they have to make their music proper. The song you posted was decent in that regards. A ****tily produced song with ignorant lyrics with a cater to catchy will not work and only adds to the stereotype. It can also insinuate glorification as outside listeners of hip hop will not take the message seriously and see it as an act to copy. The seasoned hip-hop head will see it as I see it above but not the newbies, note 

Gucci is thrash, deal with it.

^ Ice cream cone face Gucci??? LMAO
rolleyes.gif

Nuff said.

^ +1 on what Kami said. And i know for a fact that Kami loves his ice cream.......... just not when it's all ova' someones face.  LMAO </3... here cheer up mofos and have a cold one on me.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #3,128 of 3,914
here an example of good sounding, lyrically on point, social commentary.

THC in ice cream is a thing? never heard of it 

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #3,130 of 3,914
  ^ Welp you haven't tried this as well, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
biggrin.gif

.... it's a thang in some countries which is kinda ehhhhh............no!!! tbh.
rolleyes.gif

so this was harvested during Lady Gaga's infancy and only made in to ice cream now? That is way too exotic. I will stick to chocolate chips and mint thank you. Just thinking about it

Feb 16, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #3,131 of 3,914
  so this was harvested during Lady Gaga's infancy and only made in to ice cream now? That is way too exotic. I will stick to chocolate chips and mint thank you. Just thinking about it

^ LMAO Gaga' was pregnant???!!!
eek.gif
Don't really follow all that garbage but if true. LMAO That is truly disgusting to say the least. YUCK!!! MUCH MUCH worse than your beloved hippie arse and dog doo doo. haha

That above statement wasn't towards you why of course my lovely cyclops. <333s.
... no need to get startled my precious continue with dat blowing. hoho 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #3,134 of 3,914
Huge hip-hop head here. I **** with all the sub-genres. I've owned many headphones but my current main cans are the DT 770 Pro 32 ohm (improved drivers over the other ones) and they think do a pretty great job for hip-hop, esp with a bit of bass eq from my DAC. 

As for IEMs I've ordered the monoprice 8320's and DUNU DN-1000's. Can anybody comment on how well these sound with the genre?

Feb 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #3,135 of 3,914
  Huge hip-hop head here. I **** with all the sub-genres. I've owned many headphones but my current main cans are the DT 770 Pro 32 ohm (improved drivers over the other ones) and they think do a pretty great job for hip-hop, esp with a bit of bass eq from my DAC. 

As for IEMs I've ordered the monoprice 8320's and DUNU DN-1000's. Can anybody comment on how well these sound with the genre?

^ I Fffs with all the sub-genres as well, but i just prefer mo' of the bangerz types is all.

Haha i just got like DN1Ks like a month ago as well, traded my beloved VSonic gr07 BEs for them, and oh man you have gots to get yourself some auvio tips from radioshack, cuz for me it brings them to another musical level, esp. with hip hop and such. 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-zero-audio-doppios-pg1197-kef-m200-pg835-philips-fidelio-s2-pg-724/20565#post_10208848

Happy reading!!! Oh and you GOTS to get yourself a set of Martin Logan 90s on ear portables meng. THIS LIL' BUGGER IS NUTS YO!!! And is only for $79 shipped from both amazon and newegg!!!
eek.gif
Probably can hang if not bests those DT 770 Pros of yours no joke.
ph34r.gif

Quote: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/930#post_10244726
  Initial impressions of these Martin Logans was WOW!!! COLOR ME IMPRESSED!!!

What immediately jumped out at me was the lushness and sweetness of the mids and along with the crazy nice extension of the treble. For anyone that has heard/ read-up on the ATH ES700s you will know that I along with many ES700s owners praise their sweet forward and lush mids to no end. Welp not only is the mids of these Logans exactly as lush as that of the ES700s but its treble is just as lush as well.
blink.gif
SWEET BABY JESUS the mids and treble of these are soooo nice that even that hyperbole is an under statement!!! Excuse me while I compose myself, what I mean by sweet is that these Logans will get your head bobbing (contemplating)/ feet tapping (working out) due to all the nuances and micro details they render. Therefore not only are they easy on the wallet due to their low price but is beneficial for the well being of your mind, body and soul.
tongue_smile.gif
These Logan is akin to something like a flour sifter in which meticulous renders all the finest aspects of the music right down to the smallest micro details and presents them to you in a ever so refined fashion yet without being overly dry, dull, lifeless, boring, or analytical.

Also for anyone that has owned/ heard the Beyer DT-250 you will know what I am talking about. The DT-250s have a really clear, sweet, easy on the ears non fatiguing sound that is really engaging albeit hard as hell to drive due to the 250 ohm impedance. You can literally listen to those DT-250 all day long without listen fatigue and the same could be said about these Logans, but even more so because they not only sound great even on low volumes but is MUCH MUCH easier to drive as well. Therefore not only do they have that amazing mid range lushness/ sweetness as those ES700s but is sweet sounding across the entire spectrum. It bests the Beyer DT-250s not only because these Logans sound even more 3D, is faster, along with bucket loads of crazy high resolution micro details with amazing clarity but they sound more realistic in their musical rendition to boot. The instrument and micro rendering on these Logans is so realistic sounding that it is surreal and that is no over statement. Bar none their realism is the best I heard from ALL my headphones as well as iems to date, which even bests that of the VSonic GR07 BEs natural/ organic presentation, but the GR07 BE is still better textured overall.

So here's the rub, the bass. Bass quantity is pretty similar to the ES700s, whereas it is kinda "soft" hitting/ sounding in the ES700s, the bass of these Logans is snappy, tight, and quick. Therefore it MIGHT sound anemic/ thin as vlenbo posted but it is really not that bad. In fact hip hop sounds amazing with these despite the lack of quantity. Even the sub bass (yes they do have sub bass presence) of these Logans extends pretty deep, but instead of the visceral throaty deep type that is felt not heard, when done right by good audiophile basshead iems/ cans why of course, they are more of a hard snap sounding type, similar to someone snapping their fingers really loud. Therefore, what it lacks in quantity is made up for in quality and the best way to put it is this.....

Logan 90s bass visualized. Lean and mean, can kick yo' arse without notice​
                                                         ​
vs.

Audiophile bass cans/iems. Boosted and roided up, muskals oh so sexcee, but for looks only. : P​
Sawee LL had to do that to ya'. ALL <333s :)

^ DEWITTT!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back