VZR Model One
Mar 8, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #317 of 428
Hello, first of all, sorry for my English:)

I am interested in buying the VZR Model One.
I'm curious how is its sound, I've read that it's mostly oriented for FPS, but I'd like to know if it's also good for open world games, which are the games I usually spend time playing.
Do they sound good?
How about detail and sound signature?
Imagining, soundstage, etc..
I would like to know the usage experience of people who have them or have tried them.

I plan to pair them with a Creative Sound BlasterX G6 or a Schiit Hel 2e.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 8, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #318 of 428

I'm curious how is its sound, I've read that it's mostly oriented for FPS, but I'd like to know if it's also good for open world games, which are the games I usually spend time playing.
Do they sound good?
I would like to know the usage experience of people who have them or have tried them.

Thanks in advance.
I use VZR with my G7 and PS5. For me it has better spatial cues than my open back headphones for relatively accurate positioning. I use for all games, as well as watching shows and movies at my desk. Works well with the Creative surround sound audio

Mar 8, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #319 of 428
I use VZR with my G7 and PS5. For me it has better spatial cues than my open back headphones for relatively accurate positioning. I use for all games, as well as watching shows and movies at my desk. Works well with the Creative surround sound audio
Thank you very much for your response.
That keeps increasing my interest hahaha

Another question.
When you talk about the Creative surround sound, do you mean the SBX or the SXFI on the GC7?

Thank you very much.

Mar 8, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #320 of 428

Do they sound good?

Thanks in advance.
They work great for open-world games. I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and they're great for making people think you're cheating. I also play Genshin Impact and War Thunder and they are very immersive for those games. I typically use them from a desktop setup (JDS Labs Atom & Khadas Tone Board), but they don't sound bad from dongles, just a less bass and spaciousness. Detail retrieval is off the charts if you use a clean source line. Sound signature is mostly flat on-ear with boosted sub-bass. The soundstage and imaging is better than the vast majority of open back headphones I've listened to. Vocals in music sound natural for 99% of the music I listen to, but are pushed back compared to the rest of the mix. On some songs the vocals can be incredible though (Washed Away - Kelela). I plan on getting a Moondrop Dawn and 4.4mm cable soon to see how they sound out of a good dongle. It will likely sound pretty good from the Hel 2E according to the measurements I can find. I have let a lot of my friends try them, both people who suffer from audiophilia nervosa and normal people, and most comments I get from them are with their superiority for gaming or the spaciousness of the sound.

Mar 9, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #321 of 428
Have you guys tried it with Dolby Atmos for headphones on PC? For me that's the best working surround processing available atm as in it doesn't bring any negative hit to sound quality but slightly enhances soundstaging and imaging overall in the most natural sounding way possible. In fact I keep Dolby Atmos for Headphones on all the time, even for stereo mixed music it has slight advantage in soundstaging, bringing a more expansive stage experience when "surround virtualizer" setting is enabled using the custom preset which doesn't bring any automatic EQ adjustments (although I use the smallest possible boost on 32Hz slider, as in one pixel movement on the mouse) because it just adds some tiny bit weight to bass in a positive way with all the headphones):

apps.10900.13925855090824389.22c7efbb-27c0-4eda-bbc2-aaa9cb33277b.693c092a-7dad-41d0-a407-007a16e685df

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #322 of 428
They work great for open-world games. I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and they're great for making people think you're cheating. I also play Genshin Impact and War Thunder and they are very immersive for those games. I typically use them from a desktop setup (JDS Labs Atom & Khadas Tone Board), but they don't sound bad from dongles, just a less bass and spaciousness. Detail retrieval is off the charts if you use a clean source line. Sound signature is mostly flat on-ear with boosted sub-bass. The soundstage and imaging is better than the vast majority of open back headphones I've listened to. Vocals in music sound natural for 99% of the music I listen to, but are pushed back compared to the rest of the mix. On some songs the vocals can be incredible though (Washed Away - Kelela). I plan on getting a Moondrop Dawn and 4.4mm cable soon to see how they sound out of a good dongle. It will likely sound pretty good from the Hel 2E according to the measurements I can find. I have let a lot of my friends try them, both people who suffer from audiophilia nervosa and normal people, and most comments I get from them are with their superiority for gaming or the spaciousness of the sound.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
I am really struck by the fact that they are very immersive, I understand they are for FPS and that they perform well in other genres is something I am relieved to know.

I don't plan to use them for music, but it's good that they are also good for that hahaha.

I guess they would be even better with a DAC like the Hel 2E or the G6:)

Mar 9, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #323 of 428
Thank you very much for your response.
That keeps increasing my interest hahaha

Another question.
When you talk about the Creative surround sound, do you mean the SBX or the SXFI on the GC7?

Thank you very much.
SBX

Apr 23, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #325 of 428
You can get balanced cables for this product? Could you not just use an adapter?
Same headphone input as meze 99. I use my meze 4.4mm balanced cable with VZR

Apr 24, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #327 of 428
Apr 27, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #329 of 428
Hi sorry to post about this again So my headset arrived today and I've been looking at cables as I want to run a Balanced cable when listening to Music. But sometimes I will be using it for calls. I found this cable I will link below I noticed something the two connectors which go into the headset are only Ts on this cable does this mean I would lose Microphone functionality?. Couldn't I get a balanced adapter and as I would be using the PC breakout cable connect the adapter to the headphone connector from the breakout cable plug that into the balanced port and plug the microphone connector into the microphone jack and retain microphone functionality this way? I have linked the connector below the first link. Any advice you could give would be great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TSG1...colid=LOH8WD8E44SD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09ZVDQ...colid=LOH8WD8E44SD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #330 of 428
Hi sorry to post about this again So my headset arrived today and I've been looking at cables as I want to run a Balanced cable when listening to Music. But sometimes I will be using it for calls. I found this cable I will link below I noticed something the two connectors which go into the headset are only Ts on this cable does this mean I would lose Microphone functionality?. Couldn't I get a balanced adapter and as I would be using the PC breakout cable connect the adapter to the headphone connector from the breakout cable plug that into the balanced port and plug the microphone connector into the microphone jack and retain microphone functionality this way? I have linked the connector below the first link. Any advice you could give would be great.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TSG1...colid=LOH8WD8E44SD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09ZVDQ...colid=LOH8WD8E44SD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Id recommend contacting the company support channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back