VZR Model One
Jul 29, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #196 of 428
UAPP requires a one-time payment of $8 and will unlock the Apple dongle's full volume. It's also pretty much the only media player you should be using on Android if you're using mobile DACs and/or amps.
Oh it’s not an unlock for the apple dongle, it’s for android as a system?

I do remember that they have a poorly designed audio system that didn’t have consistency back in the ice cream but eclair days… but it’s been a long time

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #197 of 428
Yea thats it. What other purpose does it serve? I only use tidal > BTR5 bluetooth so I'm not sure it's of use to me.
The problem with other Android media players is that they all use Android's native audio drivers and pass already-processed audio out of USB into a connected DAC. UAPP bypasses Android audio drivers so your connected DAC is the only device in the chain processing the audio.

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #198 of 428
Can you link to support information about the unlock? Sounds like a scam. Apple USB-C is truly universal.

And probably not the juice that you seek.
It's a well known issue with a lot of android phones. I guess it's doesn't set hardware volume to 100% and you can't adjust hardware volume on android without an app.

It's a real issue though not just me. I only wanted a dongle as backup.

Jul 29, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #199 of 428
The problem with other Android media players is that they all use Android's native audio drivers and pass already-processed audio out of USB into a connected DAC. UAPP bypasses Android audio drivers so your connected DAC is the only device in the chain processing the audio.
I guess I'll try it out later and see if it makes a difference in sound.

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #200 of 428
I guess I'll try it out later and see if it makes a difference in sound.
I'm not sure it'll have any benefit over Bluetooth, its benefits might be for USB audio only. Would also make sense with the name, USB Audio Player Pro. But if you connect your BTR5 over USB instead of Bluetooth, you should be able to unlock some benefits and quality that other media player wouldn't get you.

I bought UAPP years ago because I wanted to use a dongle to get louder audio out of my phone to send to the aux input in my car. Before UAPP, the upper volume limit was capped by Android and was too low. With UAPP, problem solved, full dongle volume immediately unlocked. I immediately regarded the purchase as being worth it on that basis alone, so I haven't really done any real A/B testing. But yeah, it's clearly doing something.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #201 of 428
The VZR soundstage is good for a closed back for sure. I wouldn't call the bass tight and punchy however. It leans toward the slower, boomy side, especially in comparison to decent planars and more dynamic headphones like Focal. Definitely a more relaxed presentation and I find they struggled with faster music. My favorite way to listen to them was honestly on the Creative dongle with dynamic mode on. I'm not sure what dynamic mode does specifically but it definitely cleaned the VZR up in my opinion for a more satisfying listen.
"slower, boomy" are meaning less dribble at best. There is no such thing as slow or fast bass. Transducers go the speed needed to produce the sound you hear. Explain to me how the hell the headphone can produce slow bass but magically against physics be perfectly fine doing mids and treble at the correct speed?

Bass can cover up other frequencies thus making the bass bleed into the other frequencies obscuring the mids. And focal headphones measure like crap for the money they expect you to shell out for them. And planars generally measure well in THD but dynamic drivers mostly measure well enough that you will never hear the distortion.

Aug 23, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #202 of 428
VZR Model one has been out for a little bit but so far has not made any stir in any community regarding audio. Also all the review sites that have updated Best of the Best lists that reviewed the Model One literally none of them mention VZR Model One despite there review being glowing Penrose Mobius and JBL Quantum One make the list all similarly priced headsets. They do not mention a return policy or go into any detail on there Limited Warranty on there website. Things kinda seem fishy.

Aug 23, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #203 of 428
VZR Model one has been out for a little bit but so far has not made any stir in any community regarding audio. Also all the review sites that have updated Best of the Best lists that reviewed the Model One literally none of them mention VZR Model One despite there review being glowing Penrose Mobius and JBL Quantum One make the list all similarly priced headsets. They do not mention a return policy or go into any detail on there Limited Warranty on there website. Things kinda seem fishy.
What's the point of this post? What meaningful insight or dialogue is being contributed, or is the intended contribution?

Have you even read the entire thread here? Do you have any questions we can answer? Are you hoping to be convinced to give them a shot?

Aug 23, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #204 of 428
I returned mine. Was not a fan. They're way too heavy for a "gaming" headset. It was taking me too long to get used to sounds, essentially the audio spatial trickery just didn't work great for the game I was playing. The return policy is through Amazon, its 30 days. You will pay a few dollars, subtracted from your refund, for the shipping cost. If you want to hear from someone that was not blown away by them, feel free to ask.

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #205 of 428
What's the point of this post? What meaningful insight or dialogue is being contributed, or is the intended contribution?

Have you even read the entire thread here? Do you have any questions we can answer? Are you hoping to be convinced to give them a shot?
Speculation which it reads as. I know from the thread your admiration. But for something toted by you and by the manufacturers as revolutionary.

"The Audiophile Headset for All
Created specifically for accurate and natural 3D audio. From gaming, to production, streaming, and critical listening, the VZR® Model One is the last pair of headphones you’ll ever need."

No one seems to care there has been little stir about these headphones. I have seen brand new brands here that have just had a cool design or some other non reinventing the wheel idea get much more of a stir. Yet for something that should give a more speaker like experience it has received not much of a stir. Seems like there is some shilling happening and on amazon it has a 5 out of 5 which no matter what your selling is impossible.

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #206 of 428
I returned mine. Was not a fan. They're way too heavy for a "gaming" headset. It was taking me too long to get used to sounds, essentially the audio spatial trickery just didn't work great for the game I was playing. The return policy is through Amazon, its 30 days. You will pay a few dollars, subtracted from your refund, for the shipping cost. If you want to hear from someone that was not blown away by them, feel free to ask.
So in your experience it was no different than say other headphones in its price range? Also what game were you playing?

Aug 23, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #207 of 428
Speculation which it reads as. I know from the thread your admiration. But for something toted by you and by the manufacturers as revolutionary.

"The Audiophile Headset for All
Created specifically for accurate and natural 3D audio. From gaming, to production, streaming, and critical listening, the VZR® Model One is the last pair of headphones you’ll ever need."

No one seems to care there has been little stir about these headphones. I have seen brand new brands here that have just had a cool design or some other non reinventing the wheel idea get much more of a stir. Yet for something that should give a more speaker like experience it has received not much of a stir. Seems like there is some shilling happening and on amazon it has a 5 out of 5 which no matter what your selling is impossible.
I guess there's only one way to find out for yourself if you like them or not. I can assure you that I am not a shill.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #208 of 428
So in your experience it was no different than say other headphones in its price range? Also what game were you playing?
Rainbow 6 Siege. I can only really compare to what I replaced them with. Audio Technical ATH-R70X. Priced somewhat similarly, a little lower from some places, but much much lighter weight. Also more difficult to power. I picked these as they were suggested by Crinacle. The next step up that was suggested was around $800 and it wasn't worth that to me. I did buy bigger pads for the R70s to improve fit and comfort. Good soundstage and directionality and I can listen to music or play games and get great audio from either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back