Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #61 of 204

I handle delays and waits the same way.

The amount of time I spend waiting for my purchase to come in (Sometimes days, sometimes a month) is nothing compared to how much time I'll spend enjoying it.

So it stinks that I had to wait another week or two, but I'll be using the AN16's every day for the foreseeable future.

You're probably right, but I don't even know where they are in the shipping process. I have a DHL tracking number that is useless, I think it still shows they are in Singapore.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #62 of 204
You're probably right, but I don't even know where they are in the shipping process. I have a DHL tracking number that is useless, I think it still shows they are in Singapore.

There should be another tracking number on the DHL page that you can use to continue tracking through the service that takes over from DHL. For me that would be Canada Slug...I mean Post.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #63 of 204
And the tracking oddities continue. Mine have popped up in New Hampshire. I don't know being minutes from JFK, I usually get international stuff in at JFK and it isn't long after that. How or why they would be in New Hampshire, unless it came in at Logan international in Boston which is the closest major airport, is beyond me.  The shortest distance between two locations is a straight line. The cheapest distance between two locations is a lot longer and convoluted.
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #64 of 204
I am in NY and received both of mine on Saturday.

They were worth the price for the preorder I think.
The VSD2S has sort of a fun "musical" sound to it even though it sounds sort or neutral/cold.  Hard to explain - Bass extension leaves you wanting in some cases, but vocal and acoustic tracks are enjoyable on them.  They CAN be EQ'd out to sound quite flat, but I can't be bothered to load presets everywhere.

The AN16's were what made the bundle worth it to me.  Out of the box I thought they blew my GR06's (that have several hundred hours on them) out of the water in a quick amp'd a/b.  Much deeper bass extension, clearer highs, more detail everywhere.  
They are not perfect, but well worth the bundle price for the two units together. 

Apr 21, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #66 of 204
Finally received my vsd2s and an16 today. Out of the box I was impressed with the an16, fun sounding, nice bass extension and impact, adequate sub bass, very nice mids. I like the fit, housing is very small and the adjustable nozzle means you can adjust to find a good fit.

VSD2S sounded clear, vocals sound forward, soundstage is wider than the an16. I really like the cable on these, quite thin and dont tangle that easily. Although I do hear some sibilance, hopefully burn in can reduce some the sibilance. Fit is quite nice for me, although they are fairly big and bulky and could cause some problems for people. I would have preferred an adjustable nozzle like on the vsd1, not sure how comfortable they will be yet for listening for long periods. I put the mh1 tips on the VSD2S and that increased the bass and made the sound warmer which is what I prefer.

Time to putt these two on the Burn in station.

Apr 22, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #69 of 204
I haven't opened my AN16, but I'm really enjoying the VSD2S. I don't find it too bright/sibilant as people claim them to be. Perhaps it's my ears (I do like a hint of sibilance with some artists) or people aren't used to brighter sounds.The ergonomics is a major plus for me; seems like Shure SE-series level of fit and comfort. Though the isolation isn't that great, average at best with the single flange tips and medium Philips SHE3590 tips. As for the sound I think they sound weird, in a good, unique way. They're a bit colder than the Etymotic hf5, with more bass and soundstage. For some reason, that equates to a weird sound for me... But I like it. I need to have more ear time with them to properly assess them.

There are only sucky two things about it: 1.) the strain relief on the plug and 2.) the ear guides.

Apr 22, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #70 of 204
  My VSD2/AN16 are getting further from Canada.....they arrived in Illinois and are now at a sorting facility in Missouri....What? lol

Cool, you will love them both....btw, that sur s530 has its ground connectors exposed on the earpiece sides.....weird design. and if you already have any T-Peos hybrids (not Altone 200) this cable might be very handy and If I have one,I will buy a pair of s530 just for this cable,coz after market cables of these type costs as much as the same price of s530 package......
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #71 of 204
Cool, you will love them both....btw, that sur s530 has its ground connectors exposed on the earpiece sides.....weird design. and if you already have any T-Peos hybrids (not Altone 200) this cable might be very handy and If I have one,I will buy a pair of s530 just for this cable,coz after market cables of these type costs as much as the same price of s530 package......:D

Yeah, it looks kinda sloppy, but, if they're good I'll buy the 520 512 model as well. I think they both come with two cables; mic and no-mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back