Vsonic VSD2 / VSD2S and AN16 Impressions Thread
Apr 12, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #46 of 204

You don't like the cable on the Havi? TO be honest i feel that Havi B3 feel quite premium for the price point. Including that cable. Sure its not really comfortable but the feel of them is amazing. Btw, can you compare the Havi B3 with the an16?

I never owned the gr07 that's why i kinda jumped on this preorder. To get a gr07ish at a low price and see if i like the signature of them. But comparing with the Havi b3? 

Haven't had much time in the last day or so to do some comparisons...but FWIW the Havi B3's are much clearer than these AN16's. That's not to say the AN16's are muddy, and instead i'd say that they have their own sound signature that is...warmer I guess. If I were to describe its sound signature i'd say it's pretty neutral with a sliiiight hump somewhere in the mids. It's weird, because the sound is colored, but in a neutral way? Hahaha. Also, like the VSD2S they can be quite unforgiving on lower quality files, but definitely more bearable and nowhere near as sibilant. They're a keeper for me.

Apr 12, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #47 of 204
  The included tips (on both the AN16 and the VSD2S) were the worst I've come across. None of them fit me well, especially on the left ear. I ended up thinking both units were defective since the right side appeared louder.

Until I tried my other earphone tips. Virtually every other earphone tip on the VSD2S/AN16 felt better. I think it's because they have a wider stub. For some reason, the tips on the Vsonics have a really narrow stub...

I thought it was just me. I'm using older earphones tips from my old (dead) GR07 as well. The new ones don't fit me well at all.

Apr 13, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #48 of 204
Hi there, I just got my AN16 two days ago. Here is my initial impression. The overall sound signature is on the warm side of neutral. To my surprise, it is very smooth and easy-going, unlike what I expect from a typical Vsonic pair which is often said to be sibilance. The bass is plenty compared to the RE400 and TDK BA200, but not bloated. It decays pretty fast, and do not have the solid punchy feeling to it. The mid is forward, but do not as much as the RE400, probably because of the greater bass quantity.The presence region (upper-mids & lower treble) is recessed a little bit, but not as much as the Triple Fi 10s. As a result, the vocals and guitars is pretty smooth, lacks a little edge to my ear. The treble is smooth and detailed, probably a little bit more than the RE400 in quantity, though not particularly sparkly, but the extension is pretty good which gives them some air and making the overall signature not muffled. Soundstage is pretty expansive, larger that the RE400. I quite like them for relaxing listening experience. 

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #49 of 204
My VSD2 and AN16 just got in!

Can't wait. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #51 of 204
Just got my AN16s and VSD2Ss.

I couldn't get a good fit with the VSD2Ss, does anyone have any tips for fitting them? I tried all three different tips but they don't stay in my ears properly. They sound pretty good regardless. Very nice with acoustic tracks - I played some Miles Davis and Steely Dan. Jazz sounds great through these: good clarity, decent sound stage, but quite cold and analytical as others have said. With the rock track I had similar impressions - guitar and trebly instruments come through nicely but it sounds very lifeless. Then onto some R&B - the VSD2S did not perform well at least to my ears. They sound very muddy around the bass and mid-bass areas, with vocals sounding slightly distorted.

I'm wearing the AN16s now, with the foam tips. They sound fantastic! Very warm and more pleseant to listen to than VSD2S, nice clarity too. Bass is punchy but not overpowering. Mids are very smooth sounding and not recessed. Treble is well defined and clear without sounding siblant. Good soundstage, especially for an in-ear headphone. More left-right than depth/up and down but still good - I was taken aback by the intro on Kanye West's 'Gone'. Fit on these is much better for me. Isolation is OK - nothing spectacular but decent. I don't know if I would take these on a train but probably sufficient for most other use. AN16s shine with most genres of music - Fantastic on R&B, Rock, Jazz, Reggae, pretty much everything except I haven't listened to any Electronic or sub-genres with these. Female vocals sound really good too.

Overall I am extremely pleased with the purchase - oustanding quality from the AN16s, especially considering they were free!!
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #52 of 204
Tried again with the VSD2S. Got an OK fit but still not great with the AN16's foam tips. The tips that come with the VSD2S are really crappy.

I played around with the EQ and found that by boosting the upper mids, and parts of the treble and bass, they sound a lot smoother and more pleseant in general for other music genres like rock. They still sound a little strange - the bass is a little clumsy/slow and the coldness is very offputting.

Apr 17, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #53 of 204
  Tried again with the VSD2S. Got an OK fit but still not great with the AN16's foam tips. The tips that come with the VSD2S are really crappy.

I played around with the EQ and found that by boosting the upper mids, and parts of the treble and bass, they sound a lot smoother and more pleseant in general for other music genres like rock. They still sound a little strange - the bass is a little clumsy/slow and the coldness is very offputting.

try the bi-flange ones....both the VSD2S and AN16 stock tips are the same but AN16 supplied with an additional pair of foamies (5th pair) but VSD2S not.....same goes to VSD2.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #55 of 204
  Whats your thoughts on them? 

I've been spending quite a few days with them already, and to summarise it, i love them both in different ways!

The VSD2 is warmer and has a really full, enveloping stage. The sub bass presence is pretty damn present in this beast (i guess they boosted it up since VSD2 is suppose to be more bassy than VSD2S). The bass is slightly loose and do sound boomy at times though. The mids are slightly laid back but they don't sound thin at all. There's good overall clarity with smooth treble. No spike to me at all. Maybe because I've spent lesser time with the VSD2.

The AN16 well, @techmex has already posted a darn good impression on it. I mostly agree with what his impressions are, except that I do feel there is still sibilance in the treble. They make me wince once in awhile on EDM tracks. But other than that, fantastic, tight, punchy bass from the AN16 is what I am most impressed with this pair of IEMs.

I was actually anticipating the AN16 more, but I find myself leaning towards the signature of VSD2 more. Thank goodness I got the VSD2 instead of the VSD2S. 
etysmile.gif

Still waiting for my VSD2 and AN16's, this is ridiculous. I'm never ordering anything from LendMeYourEars again. Waiting a month for them is not worth the aggravation.

I think it isn't fair to say it's a month's wait since the original date LMUE intended to send them out was actually 4th April. Delays are quite common as well in pre-orders. I'm pretty sure you gonna get them soon. 
redface.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #56 of 204
  Still waiting for my VSD2 and AN16's, this is ridiculous. I'm never ordering anything from LendMeYourEars again. Waiting a month for them is not worth the aggravation.

A month is like the standard wait for ordering anything from Southeast/East Asia.

My pair is currently in the post office as, apparently, they knocked on my door 6 minutes after I left the apartment.

Apr 17, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #57 of 204

You will be pleased and rewarded with these 2 pairs....the cake is ready and its just icing on the cake now, you will get anytime soon.....

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #58 of 204

I handle delays and waits the same way.

The amount of time I spend waiting for my purchase to come in (Sometimes days, sometimes a month) is nothing compared to how much time I'll spend enjoying it.

So it stinks that I had to wait another week or two, but I'll be using the AN16's every day for the foreseeable future.

Apr 19, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #59 of 204
Received my kit yesterday and here are my first impressions. These are my first Vsonics and as soon as I put in the an16s I was immediately impressed. Not having heard but read plenty about the gr07, these sound very bit like those are described and I love it. Ergonomics are spot on and build quality is great. These are great pillow listeners. My recent go-tos have been the kef m200 and while I will not declare a winner yet I suspect the an16 might take over if only for fit alone with no glaring sonic deficiencies yet, but must account for new toy syndrome. The vsd2s are good too but mid bass bloat is there however it doesn't cloud the foward mids so vocals are clear. There is a tizzy treble peak kind of like the meelec m6. They have a more consumer sound while the 16 is monitor like. Compared to the m200 the 16s are cleaner and dryer in the mids with more sparkle in the treble while the 200s are more liquid in the mids with more mid bass but not as dominating As the vsd2s. Love the cable on the 16 as well. Glad I participated in this opportunity, sure beats the farce of the geek verb for the same money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back