VSONIC VC02 Thread
Jun 7, 2013 at 5:58 AM Post #721 of 791
Just received my VC02 with a broken cable, right earphone stops working when I touch it. The drivers are ok, the same thing happens when I swop them. I'll try to get a new one under warranty but that will probably take a few weeks (hong kong -> netherlands). Does anyone know if I can get good quality replacement cables which I can plug into these vc02 drivers? I did read somewhere that it is a universal plug they are using.

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #722 of 791
Quote:
Thanks so much for your comment.
Isolation of X10 is -31db broadband (very good). If VC02 can isolate as much as X10 with triple flange, then I will probably go with them (I was thinking about getting VC1000s for plane/bus, but those are ~$70 more expensive). Do VC02s come with triple flanges as stock.

I know these are micro dynamic drivers. Do they have tiny vents? If you block those vents, do you get more isolation? I understand that blocking vents are not recommended (as they release pressure), but I am just curious if vents compromise isolation or not.

..since I also have X10, yes, VC02 can isolate almost as much. I say almost, because they sound like crap with triple flange (this is just me, can't say for other people in general). With normal tips (double flange and small normal single flange) they still isolate very well - actually, they isolate better then any IEMs I tried other then X10. VC02 don't come with stock triple flanges.
The vents are very small holes on the lower part of the housing, near cable base, and they really don't affect isolation at all (couldn't hear a difference when I closed them). Hope this helps :D
They do sound very good (for their price), but IMO X10 is still better.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #723 of 791
Mine arrived a couple of days ago. At first they had an awful peak at the 16khz-20khz range, but after using them for a couple of days it's almost gone. I love them, way better than my EPH-30 (Which by the way broke within two months - I hope these won't). But there's a problem, I can't wear them properly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. They just don't sit nicely. One of them is hurting my ear and the other one doesn't seal good. I have to get them off and wear them again about 10 times to get it right, and after about 10 minutes they'll become annoying again. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!

P.S: If that helps, I'm using the small red-ish tips. I'm 14, so just those and the tiny little black ones can fit. The black ones are worse.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #724 of 791
Quote:
Mine arrived a couple of days ago. At first they had an awful peak at the 16khz-20khz range, but after using them for a couple of days it's almost gone. I love them, way better than my EPH-30 (Which by the way broke within two months - I hope these won't). But there's a problem, I can't wear them properly. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. They just don't sit nicely. One of them is hurting my ear and the other one doesn't seal good. I have to get them off and wear them again about 10 times to get it right, and after about 10 minutes they'll become annoying again. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!

P.S: If that helps, I'm using the small red-ish tips. I'm 14, so just those and the tiny little black ones can fit. The black ones are worse.

Comply T-400

I'm waiting for a new cable to arrive, should arrive within a few days. But what I have been able to hear till now I'm happy. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #725 of 791
Has anyone heard these and the GR01? Is there a reason to buy these if I already have the GR01?

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #726 of 791

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #727 of 791
Quote:
Has anyone heard these and the GR01? Is there a reason to buy these if I already have the GR01?

+1! My case is vise-versa. I'm kinda interested in the more high-end GR01 now that I've heard the very neutral VC02. :D

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #728 of 791
Has anyone else noticed that some of the tips that come packaged glow in the dark? Specifically the red, orange, yellow and green ones? I've searched high and low and nobody else seems to have mentioned this. Did I get a funky, poisonous batch or what?

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #729 of 791
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that some of the tips that come packaged glow in the dark? Specifically the red, orange, yellow and green ones? I've searched high and low and nobody else seems to have mentioned this. Did I get a funky, poisonous batch or what?

Yeah, they do.

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #732 of 791
 I like the VC02 very much. I got it for less than $40 locally and it sounds amazingly good. I do hope the cable isn't detachable though as it's more of a concern than a convenience.

Then by all means,glue the housing to the cables.:)  It's not like VSonic sells replacement cables. And buying other replacement cables would cost more than the VC02.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #735 of 791
I got VC02 and prefer it over GR06 by a lot. However volume from right earphone is lower by about 5dB and that makes these earphones unusable on setups without left/right channel control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back