VSONIC VC02 Thread
Apr 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #646 of 791
Tyll measured the VC02s. Spectacular measurements, were it not for a distortion bump in the upper midrange and the dip in midrange response (which corroborate with Rin's measurements). Rin says the dip is cancelled out in actual listening though. What is intriguing is the distortion profile of the VC02s up to the lower midrange is that it looks like a BA, but with lower distortion of a dynamic. Also, perhaps due to different measurement apparatus, Rin's measurements show a mild midbass bump for the VC02s whilst in Tyll's measurements they are rular flat, pretty much (partly because of their graphs' scale?)

Nevertheless, spectacular measurements for something I bought at $40, and can be had for as low as sub-$30 when it was introduced.

Apr 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #647 of 791
Quote:

This is a mystery. The best theory I've been able to come up with is that the detachable cable is intended to keep us intellectually active, by giving us something utterly inexplicable to think about.

...Or maybe they're planning on coming out with a microphone/remote control replacement cable? (Yeah, yeah - but I can dream, can't I?)

Maybe Vsonic is planning of selling good cheap high quality custom replacement cables in the near future? :)) Smells good if that's the case.

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #648 of 791
Still having no problems with my VC02's for almost 4 months now, still no scratches or whatsoever, the cable looks thin but trust me its durable. :) TPU coated cables are really underrated they do perform really well. Twist and lock feature still works for me even if the lock isn't that secure specially when you remove the iem from your ear with force, just be careful.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #649 of 791
Hi.
I'm on ViSang R02 but wanted to switch to Sunrise Xcited cause of more balanced sound. Could somebody compare VC02 with Xcited? According to reviews they seem to me as close competitors.
Thanks a lot

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #650 of 791
Quote:
Hi.
I'm on ViSang R02 but wanted to switch to Sunrise Xcited cause of more balanced sound. Could somebody compare VC02 with Xcited? According to reviews they seem to me as close competitors.
Thanks a lot

I have switched from visang r02 to vsonic vc02. visang has very impressive soundstage depth and average width. After switching to vc02 I immediately noticed that vc02 has smaller soundstage space, but response curve is more balanced, bass has more punch, and vc02 manages treble much better. But still r02 mids sound smoother. I like r02 EQed more than vc02.

I don't think it is worth upgrading from r02 to vc02. I would recommend to buy a little more expensive set. For balanced sound fxd70 would be great.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #653 of 791
This is a stupid question and I'm a newbie, but I just got these a day ago, and I'm wondering if it's normal for the left and right cables to be glued together even beyond the separator? Is it okay for me to separate them? It's kind of hard to wear it over ear if I don't.

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #654 of 791
Yes, of course. Separate them!
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #657 of 791
Quote:
sorry it was source 

Had to be - my VC02 may be tiny, but the sound is anything but - the bass on these things never ceases to amaze. Not in quantity - although it is there - but in speed and punch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back