VSONIC VC02 Thread
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #631 of 791
Quote:
Hi guys. I just received my set after 5 days ordering from ebay seller - bigbargainseller.

Earpieces go in much more then my CX880i (would take a few days to get used  too) and seems likes my new earpiece is letting
me know about new instruments in my music. The bass for the CX880i muffles my music
too much.Also the VC02's volume is lower by a tad compared to the CX880i. 

Clean and good sound.

Congrats on your set, I'm sure you'll love your vc02's more after quite some time :)

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #633 of 791
I never used IEMs much, so I have a few questions.
How deep should I insert them, without having to worry about damaging my ear?
Is it possible to have the need to use different sized ear-tips for right and left ear? I have a feeling that my right ear has a smaller duct, and that would explain why I'm never able to find the right seal.
How do you wear them over the ear?
Also, any advice on how to find the right sized ear-tip?
Thanks in advance :)

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #634 of 791
Insert them as deep as you want since they will never damage your ear because your delicate ear innards are tucked too far inside the canal for any IEMs to reach.

Ear canals are rarely the same size on both sides and it would not be unreasonable to use 2 sizes of tips.

Wearing them over the ear consists of taking the wire below the actual earphone and wrapping it behind the ear so that the earphones hang from the top of your ears upside down. Then you just insert it as you would normally do so but upside down.

Finding a right size involves just trying them all and finding which seems to be fitting properly in your ear. Evidently your ear shouldn't feel like exploding and it shouldn't fall out easily. If you really want a more scientific method of determining the best fit, try out this test: http://www.sensaphonics.com/?page_id=833

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #635 of 791
I got my pair about three weeks ago and this morning I suddenly noticed one of the drives' volume was ridiculously low. It's the second time I've had problems with VSonic IEMs now, I've emailed lendmeurears for a refund.
Any tips or similar quality-price IEMs i could look for? As of now I'm going for a more reliable and durable headphone than anything.
Thanks

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #639 of 791
Yeah, but after two faulty VSonic products... I'd rather purchase something else.

I've had a few, too. I had issues with driver flex on my first GR04 Flagship, and then the nozzle broke on the second. I'm not sure what your issues were. Just remember, they're pea sized devices that need extra thin materials for construction. Sometimes they break, and VSonic has a great warranty. And, if you make a stink with lendmeurears, they'll send the replacement before receiving the defective one. I've had them ship once I provided proof of shipment. Just a thought.

Apr 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #640 of 791
Yeah, I know they have a great warranty and all, but understand that I'm a little tired of spending more time sending and receiving earphones than enjoying them. The first one had a cord problem and the other one had one of the drives malfunction. I gotta said I enjoyed more the sound the GR99s provided than the VC02.

Anyway, I'm trying to communicate with them but they don't seem to be replying through their web form. I'm not even sure it it's working. Should I just email them?

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #641 of 791
Some comments by LMUE intrigued me. It seems as if supply of VC02s by the distributor was a little messed up, affecting stocks and RMA. Perhaps due to component shortage, or perhaps, product revision? The price increase seems a little coincidental. Nevertheless, the detachable plug is just a tad on the flimsy side, in my opinion. Hopefully they've fixed it, if it is a revision.

They'd better. A new VC02 is due tomorrow for me.

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #642 of 791
Recently picked up a pair of these and gradually burning them in. Apologies if this has already been covered up-thread but is it worth gluing the detachable drivers on?

One of them has already separated itself from the cable a more easily that I would have liked.

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #643 of 791
I wouldn't suggest gluing the drivers to the cable. One user on this thread has suggested that there's a twist-to-lock feature on these - but not having seen that as an official bit of manufacturer's instruction, I've been reluctant to try it. What I have done is taken a very high-tech approach: duct tape! Just a couple of small bits of black duct tape, neatly applied, give a much firmer fit between the cables and the drivers.

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #644 of 791
Quote:
I wouldn't suggest gluing the drivers to the cable. One user on this thread has suggested that there's a twist-to-lock feature on these - but not having seen that as an official bit of manufacturer's instruction, I've been reluctant to try it. What I have done is taken a very high-tech approach: duct tape! Just a couple of small bits of black duct tape, neatly applied, give a much firmer fit between the cables and the drivers.

Thanks, duct tape could be an option. I have to say, mine don't appear to have the twist & lock feature. What is the purpose of the detachable driver exactly?

Apr 6, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #645 of 791
Quote:
What is the purpose of the detachable driver exactly?

This is a mystery. The best theory I've been able to come up with is that the detachable cable is intended to keep us intellectually active, by giving us something utterly inexplicable to think about.

...Or maybe they're planning on coming out with a microphone/remote control replacement cable? (Yeah, yeah - but I can dream, can't I?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back