VSONIC VC02 Thread
Feb 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #436 of 791
I ended up returning my VC02's though they had good sound quality, there was a flaw in the in one of the prongs that plugs into the monitors. It was too short and so it the monitor kept falling off the cord.

Instead of bothering with another VC02, I settled with a GR07 instead, I hope to be pleasantly surprise, since this is my first upper-tier purchase ever. I currently have an HD-205, but there's a lot a flaws and besides i got those for $30.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #438 of 791
Quote:
I ended up returning my VC02's though they had good sound quality, there was a flaw in the in one of the prongs that plugs into the monitors. It was too short and so it the monitor kept falling off the cord.

Instead of bothering with another VC02, I settled with a GR07 instead, I hope to be pleasantly surprise, since this is my first upper-tier purchase ever. I currently have an HD-205, but there's a lot a flaws and besides i got those for $30.

You should enjoy the GR07, it's definitely an upgrade from the VC02.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #442 of 791
Is is supposed to replace all there lower model that is under the gr07., that is what I heard. This little things are amazing for there tiny drivers, they're very fast while retaing great sub bass rumble and tight punchy slam. The mids are transparent and very clear and detailed. Highs sparkles and have great extension. Soundstage is very wide and airy while being deep as well. :)

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #443 of 791
Quote:
Is is supposed to replace all there lower model that is under the gr07., that is what I heard. This little things are amazing for there tiny drivers, they're very fast while retaing great sub bass rumble and tight punchy slam. The mids are transparent and very clear and detailed. Highs sparkles and have great extension. Soundstage is very wide and airy while being deep as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

I have to disagree about soundstage depth. VS-R02 (same price range IEM) have much more depth and manages imaging much better. VC02 places instruments on a single line. Soundstage wise vs-r02 is much better than vc02.

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #444 of 791
I have the vsonic r02 classic edition the new ones while not burned in yet, I think they are an upgrade from the vc02, but considering these thing have 3mm dynamic vs 11mm dynamics there really should be no comparsion. Also want to ask what source you are using to make you assumption about the depth and stage?

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #445 of 791
Quote:
I have the vsonic r02 classic edition the new ones while not burned in yet, I think they are an upgrade from the vc02, but considering these thing have 3mm dynamic vs 11mm dynamics there really should be no comparsion. Also want to ask what source you are using to make you assumption about the depth and stage?

Vs-r02 isn't a vsonic model. It is visang. I use creative audigy 2 zs.

The decision to use 3mm drivers isn't mine or any other costumer's. manufacturer did decide, so driver size is not an excuse for sound quality. I agree that vc02 looks cool, but soundstage wise 3mm driver isn't a winner here.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #447 of 791
@Keller1 - Jyoof has already made a comparison between VC02 and AM90 in post #158, I have quoted it below:

Quote:
Mids of Am90 is warmer and smoother than VC02. VC02 has more texture and meat(details) to the mids. Vocals wise, you can hear the sounds of d, ed, k, s, t made by the singer when singing the lyrics.

Overall presentation, AM90 is comparatively warmer and veiled. There is this clarity in the SQ of VC02 that is refreshing. VC02's overall presentation is clean, tight and detailed. Separation and layering is really good for an IEM of this price. Sort of have a 3D or enveloping kind of sound stage, imho.

When listening to Radiohead's Creep and Nirvana's Smells like teen spirit, the presence of hi-hats and the cymbals are much more noticeable with VC02.

Although their highs are where they excel (good quality & quantity at a less than USD 50 price range and a small driver), its also a double edged sword. The highs are pronounced and detailed however at times lack the refinement/control of a higher end IEM, this somehow increases the fatigue level of listening to VC02 coz at there is always a little tinge of sibilance. I wonder if the highs will be more controlled after 100 hours of burn in.   

Please take the above impressions with a pinch of salt coz it's subjective!
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #448 of 791
Quote:
@Keller1 - Jyoof has already made a comparison between VC02 and AM90 in post #158, I have quoted it below:

'Squze my ignorance, search didnt return anything, the VC02 siggy sounds more in the tone of what i'm looking for ( Details all the way ) And a 3mm dynamic might actually be good enough to satisfy what i want. 
Plus they look flat-out better and have a removable cable and come with tons of tips.
The price difference is 60 yuan or 10$, so there's that, but either way, thanks alot!

Feb 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #449 of 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyoof 

Mids of Am90 is warmer and smoother than VC02. VC02 has more texture and meat(details) to the mids. Vocals wise, you can hear the sounds of d, ed, k, s, t made by the singer when singing the lyrics.

Overall presentation, AM90 is comparatively warmer and veiled. There is this clarity in the SQ of VC02 that is refreshing. VC02's overall presentation is clean, tight and detailed. Separation and layering is really good for an IEM of this price. Sort of have a 3D or enveloping kind of sound stage, imho.

When listening to Radiohead's Creep and Nirvana's Smells like teen spirit, the presence of hi-hats and the cymbals are much more noticeable with VC02.

Although their highs are where they excel (good quality & quantity at a less than USD 50 price range and a small driver), its also a double edged sword. The highs are pronounced and detailed however at times lack the refinement/control of a higher end IEM, this somehow increases the fatigue level of listening to VC02 coz at there is always a little tinge of sibilance. I wonder if the highs will be more controlled after 100 hours of burn in.   

Please take the above impressions with a pinch of salt coz it's subjective! 
wink.gif

This sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Detailed, clear, and bright. Nice to know, even if I already purchased mine.

Shipping is going to be around a month... -sigh-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back