VSONIC VC02 Thread
Jan 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #331 of 791
Quote:
Sadly, that note just makes them loose credibility, they have no proof for the claim and it has in fact been refuted. Maybe they fell for the IEMs high acoustic output impedance and though it was a burn-in phenomenon. Or they're really clever and know the bias that occurs once a person is led to believe this. 

Could it be just a marketing strategy? Yet there are still changes even if its minimal, thanks for this link anyways this made me understand what burn-in in this iem can do http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-effect-of-break-in-vsonic-vc02.html :)

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #332 of 791
There really isn't and even then, those tiny ones went back to how they were before after a 4hr cool down. Likely is marketing. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #333 of 791
Quote:
No It doesn't, data indicates its a myth at least for this iem.what's going to help is insertion depth. With time you'll be able to get it deeper if not accustomed and it will sound better

Well, that's your opinion. You have a right to say whatever you want. Others, including myself have the right to say whatever we want. However, I'm a true believer in burn in. SQ improved with the VC02 and some other dynamics that I've owned. And, it's not because of insertion depth. Just leave it at that!!!!!!

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #334 of 791
So you have perfect audible memory, know exactly the level of insertion the IEM is inserted each time and can prove the mechanics behind the phenomenon? Don't mean to be offensive, but it's an example of what it will take for such statements to be credible. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #336 of 791
Quote:
Well, that's your opinion. You have a right to say whatever you want. Others, including myself have the right to say whatever we want. However, I'm a true believer in burn in. SQ improved with the VC02 and some other dynamics that I've owned. And, it's not because of insertion depth. Just leave it at that!!!!!!

+1 with that, I felt some changes with its sound. :) I don't care too if its a myth or not, I do love the sound of my VC02 now compared to when I first got it. If there's really no burn in how do we explain the loss of sibilance??? Its not just by deep insertion, I've been inserting this deeply from day 1.

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #338 of 791
Originally Posted by papijoe08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 with that, I felt some changes with its sound. :) I don't care too if its a myth or not, I do love the sound of my VC02 now compared to when I first got it. If there's really no burn in how do we explain the loss of sibilance??? Its not just by deep insertion, I've been inserting this deeply from day 1.

There is no loss of sibilance, these are slightly sibilant no matter how much you want to run these in. I have a pair with likely far far more hours than yours. You don't know whether your insertion has been getting deeper or not, hard to measure unless you have another party testing this. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #339 of 791
Quote:
+1. Very good point!

from a little dark to a little bright? average soundstage to above average soundstage? if there's no burn in this might be some kind of sorcery LOL
popcorn.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #340 of 791
Quote:
There is no loss of sibilance, these are slightly sibilant no matter how much you want to run these in. I have a pair with likely far far more hours than yours. You don't know whether your insertion has been getting deeper or not, hard to measure unless you have another party testing this. 

Oops I'm sorry I mean't from a noticeable sibilance to not that noticable :) I got at least 200hours right now with my unit. Hmm I guess you better stop counting at the hours with your unit if you don't believe in burn-in. Is that fine with you?

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #342 of 791
Quote:

Please, enough already. You made your point. Leave it at that. Let's talk about how wonderful the VC02's sounds.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #345 of 791
I appreciate the detachable cable, but there is annoyingly noticeable amount of vibrating in the headphones with recordings that sound great in my IEM that came with my AT&T Galaxy SII. The overall SQ is improved despite such criticism. But on the whole I had much higher hopes prior to listening to these IEM's.

EDIT: unless this goes away with a "burn-in" Of course I never had to burn in the IEMs that came with my AT&T Galaxy SII.

EDIT II: To more accurately describe the "vibrating" Its like turning up the bass "too much" to the point where it starts vibrating and distorting the bass.

EDIT III: I had my equalizer messed up. Mids were set way high. Everything sounds better now \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back