VSONIC VC02 Thread
May 23, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #751 of 791
Hello, it's been a little over a year but it looks like the cable on my VC02 is broken.
One side almost never works for either driver, and the other side works fine with both drivers. I also tried playback after switching the stereo output, and it's still the same side so it's not the 3.5mm jack that's broken.
Is there anyway to fix the cable? (Anyone have a spare cable :D)?

May 25, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #753 of 791
  Hello, it's been a little over a year but it looks like the cable on my VC02 is broken.
One side almost never works for either driver, and the other side works fine with both drivers. I also tried playback after switching the stereo output, and it's still the same side so it's not the 3.5mm jack that's broken.
Is there anyway to fix the cable? (Anyone have a spare cable :D)?

I don't know how to fix the cable, afaik VSonic do not sell the cable separately but you can buy aftermarket cables, the Fiio RC-UE2 has been confirmed to work (or just buy another VC02).

May 26, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #754 of 791
Mainly what I'm wondering is if anyone has been able to open up the removable cable housing? I'd imagine that if that opens up I'd just cut off the first couple CM of the wire next to it (that's the problem piece) and solder up the rest of the cable.

Also just a page or two ago I read that someone accidentally melted their driver trying to fix something so I was wondering if they'd be willing to just send me the cable for a reasonable price or something like that.

Otherwise, aftermarket cables are mostly the same price or more than the VC02 themselves -....-.

May 29, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #756 of 791
Jun 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #758 of 791
  Done ... am still hoping someone on this thread shows up with suggestions.
I kind of suspect that at least a few people have simply lost a VC02 driver and have a useless cable laying around.

There must be people with lost drivers, mine were almost lost a few times before I taped them to the cable with electrical tape.

Sorry, I don't have an extra cable, but I just sent my pair back for a new pair because of this same issue. I had bought them from lendmeurears, and apparently they were still under warranty (I bought them in October).

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #759 of 791
I actually prefer these buds to the flagship GR07, perhaps I got a bad pair on the GR07, but I ended up returning my pair because one of the earbuds was faulty and the right bud kept detaching, even in my pocket. Overall though it performs very nicely. A step up from your run of the mill skull candies and comparable to over the ear headphones like my DT750. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #760 of 791
If anything, mine was over a year and still works good as new. :)

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #761 of 791
for so long i thought that reverse polarity mean reverse both phone (hole still facing the same side), just tried 1 hole up 1 hole down by accident today. The change is quite great, it's more open sounding and more bassy, try it if you still got this babe

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #762 of 791
Sorry to bump this thread for asking, but are there any other headphones with largely the same fit, sound isolation and sound signature as the VC02 with similar prices around? I liked my VC02, but the detachable cables were a big minus for me - I managed to lose my other driver entirely. I bought the VSONIC VSD1, but I don't really like the bassy sound signature, I liked how the VC02 was crystal clear but still delivered tight punch for bass when it mattered - I'm usually a terrible basshead, but in IEMs I really liked the clarity VC02 delivered.

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #763 of 791
  Sorry to bump this thread for asking, but are there any other headphones with largely the same fit, sound isolation and sound signature as the VC02 with similar prices around? I liked my VC02, but the detachable cables were a big minus for me - I managed to lose my other driver entirely. I bought the VSONIC VSD1, but I don't really like the bassy sound signature, I liked how the VC02 was crystal clear but still delivered tight punch for bass when it mattered - I'm usually a terrible basshead, but in IEMs I really liked the clarity VC02 delivered.

U should go for meelectronics a151p(2 nd gen) going for just 50$,,,,i had older one which was crystal clear with bass as its only drawback.The newer model is much better according to reviews.

Btw i am enjoying my vc02 too,i understand what punchy bass means.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #764 of 791

Welcome to Head-fi! and sorry about your wallet.
wink.gif

its really tuff to settle basshead earphone with clarity and detail along, as there's some trade-off here and there......but VSD3/3S might fit you, has the stuff what you lookin for......not a BH IEM but has enough authority,imo.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #765 of 791

Welcome to Head-fi! and sorry about your wallet.
wink.gif

its really tuff to settle basshead earphone with clarity and detail along, as there's some trade-off here and there......but VSD3/3S might fit you, has the stuff what you lookin for......not a BH IEM but has enough authority,imo.

Nope........mee151p(newer) will be perfect for him.I am thinking of getting it too but not available in india.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back