VSONIC VC02 Thread
Oct 24, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #736 of 791
I currently own the soundmagic e30. coupled with the Cowon J3. I liked the balanced and warm signature of the e30s. Thought of trying something different so ordered the VC02 and picked them over the vsd1. I hope I'm not disappointed. I mainly listen to alternative/indie rock and EDM/Dubstep.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #737 of 791
After lost one of drivers and buy the new one, I tightly superglue it to wire 
smile.gif
 I recommend to make that to all vc02 fans. Its great IEM for opera and other vocals (not as my Beyers of course, but impressive for IEM!) Happy with my vc02 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #739 of 791
Just broke my left driver (I repaired/soldered it before, but I failed to repair it when it broke again [it melted]) . After almost a year of service. bbye vc02. thanks for all the good music.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #740 of 791
sorry for your loss bro. vc02 really is one of those special cheap IEMs. Although I rarely listen to mine nowadays because of my RE-400. But from time to time, I put those on and its neutrality puts a smile on my face (I find the RE-400 a bit warm).

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #741 of 791
  Just broke my left driver (I repaired/soldered it before, but I failed to repair it when it broke again [it melted]) . After almost a year of service. bbye vc02. thanks for all the good music.

May I ask where you happened across that IEM cable? Also, if that is heat shrink, you have all of my respect, sir!

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #743 of 791
  sorry for your loss bro. vc02 really is one of those special cheap IEMs. Although I rarely listen to mine nowadays because of my RE-400. But from time to time, I put those on and its neutrality puts a smile on my face (I find the RE-400 a bit warm).

I have had and listened to more expensive iems but I just kept on coming back to vc02 (my sound sig), this indeed is a real special gem. I have also heard from a friend that vc02's newer batch sounds a little better than the old batch way back early january of 2013. I'm not that sure with info though. I may have to listen to it 1st.

Mar 4, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #747 of 791
None of the included tips works for me. I had use a special i got when i returned mine for warranty without any tips and they returned them with some special foamy time of tips. They work but they are uncomfortable.
All the included tips sounds way to harsh for me. The special tips damps the harsh treble.

Is it the same for you guys?

Edit: I think the tips that works well i described above are the Comply T-400

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #748 of 791
it's vice-versa to me. I get muddy/muffled sound when using the foams. I think it's all about preference...

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #749 of 791
Hello, fellow head-fiers!
Yesterday I got my pair of vc02
etysmile.gif
 and can't help but ask you guys about the ear tips.
I've found the small red ones are the most comfortable for me.
But there's a problem with them: because of deep insertion my footsteps thud-thud sound became very loud.

I used more shallow-insertion tips before (stocks for Beyerdynamic DTX 101, Fischer Audio Consonance, Sennheiser MM-50) but those tips are made for bigger size drivers and don't fit small vc02s.

So my question to you is: where can I get eartips for more shallow insertion and can I somehow use my old 'big' eartips with vc02?

Thanks!

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #750 of 791
Have you tried VC02's large Purple dome tips? That's quite good for shallow insertion. By the way VC02's sounds the best when deeply inserted. Maybe it's just a matter of your adjusting to it, comfort level is very high as well too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back