VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
May 7, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #842 of 924
can someone translate it?

May 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #843 of 924
This, I assume?http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/24/world/asia/japanese-and-chinese-boats-converge-on-contested-islands.html?_r=0
Now everyone wrap yourselves in the flag (or headphones) of your choice. :wink:

May 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #844 of 924
Translated with Google Translate:

The the official solemn statement VSONIC acoustic and Japan no longer have any relationship
Date :2012-9-15 Read: 2463
Official solemn statement
Weisuonike Co., Ltd. Overseas Chinese in Japan founded in Japan in 1980, our wholly owned by Chinese in Japan (there is no participation of Japan). Of the recent extremely outrageous acts of Japan, VSONIC acoustic company with Japan has cut off all relations, now named China VSONIC Acoustics Co., Ltd., in Japan have all divestment will no longer accept any of Japan orders and other cooperation, production would no longer be applied to any materials from Japan. The companies will notice that all employees shall not purchase any Japanese goods (including domestic Japanese brand goods), within the company to buy Japanese goods shall not be reimbursed, in serious cases be dismissed.
Specify: (Diaoyu Islands are China's!!!)
China VSONIC Acoustics Co., Ltd.

May 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #845 of 924
It's about the contested islands... This is a very volatile period for both countries. I do think VSONIC was out of line when they made that press release, however I don't think we should be worried about politics on head-fi. Who knows, maybe VSONIC isn't the only company that takes this stand, the rest are just "quiet"....

May 7, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #846 of 924
I wonder if other China-based headphone companies are going to "fall in line" and start tooting the horn of irrational and unbridled patriotism...

May 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #848 of 924
Lol their best product is a Japanese design, the GR07 (Sony licensed). Way out of line.

Will they be "nationalizing" this technology, along the lines of a citizens arrest, now that they will not be doing business with any Japanese companies?

May 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #849 of 924
Maybe they want to just steal the technology that they've been paying licensing fees for under the guise of 'patriotism.' I'm sure the Chinese government wouldn't care if they did this...heck, they probably encourage it at this point.

May 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #851 of 924
Agreed - it is best to not turn it into a political discussion (even though I love them). Perhaps VSonic threads should be locked for the time being. I'm not being sarcastic - they made a purely political statement on their own website (which is of course their right), but I think it is natural for anybody who is aware of it to want to comment and add their two cents to the controversy or whatever it is...there are a lot of head-fiers in Asia and there are definitely strong opinions lurking beneath the surface in these parts...

May 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #852 of 924
Quote:
Agreed - it is best to not turn it into a political discussion (even though I love them). Perhaps VSonic threads should be locked for the time being. I'm not being sarcastic - they made a purely political statement on their own website (which is of course their right), but I think it is natural for anybody who is aware of it to want to comment and add their two cents to the controversy or whatever it is...there are a lot of head-fiers in Asia and there are definitely strong opinions lurking beneath the surface in these parts...

These head-fi'ers could also refrain from doing so.

May 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #853 of 924
Guys, this isn't the place for this discussion.

Long time, hope you've been well :)

I didn't mean to fuel any fires. I was kind of asking a serious question in the form a a bad jab at the situation, which was:

If they are licensing the tech from Sony, what now with the GR07?

May 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #854 of 924
Quote:
Lol their best product is a Japanese design, the GR07 (Sony licensed). Way out of line.

I wonder what Sony earphones use the same technology as the GRO7, if any?

btw, I always scratch my head when a healthy company gets involved in derisive politics - who wins, certainly not the company. What are they thinking??!!

May 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #855 of 924
Nobody knows the full story, but it may make sense to stock up on the GR07 just in case...won't.....comment....on.....politics.....won't....comment......
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back