VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
May 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #151 of 924
I don't think the bling factor is to high. But I wasn't afraid to wear my MTPC's in public either :)

May 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #152 of 924
I think we should all wait and see a final production unit of the GR08, and then make conclusions. Remember that picture is a render... 
wink.gif

May 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #153 of 924
Quote:
Let's just be glad it doesn't look like the new Denons...
wink.gif

Off topic but has anyone like.... actually contacted Denon to let them know they hate the design? Or started a petition? That could actually change their minds.

May 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #154 of 924
that design in op doesn't look very promising to the sound output, especially since there's suppose to be a Dynamic speaker in it.

May 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #155 of 924
Quote:
that design in op doesn't look very promising to the sound output, especially since there's suppose to be a Dynamic speaker in it.

You do realise that the design of the GR08 is similar to AKG's K3003, right? I just think it's unfair judging how something sounds by its looks. 
wink.gif
 Although obviously I don't think the GR08's build quality will be as good.

May 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #156 of 924
I don't know why people don't like the design of the rendering I tend to like the look of them.  They look a lot like another hybrid dual driver in the AKG K3003 and we all know how thoughs turned out.

I took the pics down because I didn't know if I'm allowed to post for copy right reasons.  I've had thing take off from other sites before.

May 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #157 of 924
I don't get it either...  When a headphone comes around that has good looks and good sound (presumably), you start attacking it :p  LOL.  What's wrong with having an IEM that looks flashy and sounds good?  It's like a lot of you say, it doesn't matter how it looks, as long as it sounds good.

May 5, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #158 of 924
Quote:
I don't get it either...  When a headphone comes around that has good looks and good sound (presumably), you start attacking it :p  LOL.  What's wrong with having an IEM that looks flashy and sounds good?  It's like a lot of you say, it doesn't matter how it looks, as long as it sounds good.

You mean looks tacky and possibly sounds good :wink: (lol).

May 5, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #159 of 924

I think they look awesome. Perhaps a bit too flashy, but one would definitely get a lot of comments on them.

May 5, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #160 of 924
I'm nooooot really sure if I love the red cable, but the design itself is pretty cool.  Still though, even though it's cheaper than we thought it'd be, it's still out of my price range!

May 5, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #161 of 924
I think just about everyone on Head-Fi has a deep-seated knee-jerk reaction to anything that remotely reminds them of Beats. I really think it's the red cable that throws off everyone. Here, I changed the colour of the cable to black. What do people think now?

Edit: Hmmm. Ok. May that shiny concentric ring thing in the middle should go too. It's overused and ends up looking cheap. It can look good, it's just very very hard to do, especially with everyone else doing it. Maybe I'll play around with that in photoshop some more. 

May 5, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #162 of 924
Quote:
I think just about everyone on Head-Fi has a deep-seated knee-jerk reaction to anything that remotely reminds them of Beats. I really think it's the red cable that throws off everyone. Here, I changed the colour of the cable to black. What do people think now?

To be perfectly honest I think that looks better.  It's not really just the Beats resemblance that bugs me though - I just don't really like things like that to stand out so much myself.

May 5, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #163 of 924
Quote:
To be perfectly honest I think that looks better.  It's not really just the Beats resemblance that bugs me though - I just don't really like things like that to stand out so much myself.

I think a lot of us on head-fi feel the same way. I personally like having a cleaner and more refined design that you grow to appreciate rather than something flashy. I'll also admit that I definitely get a kick out of surprising Beats owners with my inconspicuous GR07s 
rolleyes.gif

May 5, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #164 of 924
It looks better but I'd like something not so flat and cumbersome. Why not a cable like the IE8 :wink: and no red lol.

May 5, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #165 of 924
I could care less whether its red, black, green, purple......... as long as I can get a good seal and it sounds good I'll be a happy camper.  I really think it looks pretty sharp though but for the people that have to wear theirs over the ears your going to struggle because it doesn't look to conducive for that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back