VSonic GR07 vs Monster Miles Davis Trumpets
Dec 24, 2012 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

justinliu

Head-Fier
As the holiday season rolls along, I found that it would be a great time to indulge in spending more money to buy more sound-reproducing instruments. My question is whether I should go with the VSonic GR07 or the Trumpets. I'm just wondering whether or not there is enough of a difference of quality to warrant a potential $70 difference in price. I listen to a variety of music, ranging from pop to punk rock and country (enough to make up a visible percentage of my playlists). If someone with experience with both could recommend an option, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Dec 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 3
I think they roughly play on the same...err, playing field. The GR07s are slightly warm, more mid-centric but generally balanced throughout. The Trumpets, from memory, were V-shaped and dynamic sounding. Have not heard the Trumpets for very long though. The VSonics would be the greater all-rounder, would probably do better with your playlist. 

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 3
I feel like I am pretty qualified to answer this as I purchased the GR07 last christmas and then having lost them a few months ago, just picked up the Trumpets today.

I have to say that I greatly prefer the trumpets over the GR07. I've always liked warm, inviting, clean, good soundspace and solid bass and I feel like the Trumpets have all that. GR07 has very nice mids, an amazing soundspace, and seemed like it produced very accurate sound, but I felt the highs were too sibilant for me even after break-in and the bass just wasnt there. I will say that the GR07 changed my opinions on what an IEM could do and I do feel that they are more airy, accurate, and feel more spacious than the trumpets.

Build quality for both are spot on, although I will say the trumpets cables seem a bit thin and I get nervous if they ever get caught on something where as the GR07 cables always felt like a rock.

Also they both have a unique look that I do enjoy; GR07 with its boxy look and swiveling head or the trumpet with its blue and gold striking features make me feel like I am not just another guy with a standard looking earphone. Overall I am super pleased with the trumpets and would recommend them to anyone.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be glad to try and answer them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back