Vsonic GR07 Review (R07)
May 14, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #31 of 39
I believe the gr07 will fit u very well.
The nozzle is the best design ever. I have not tried the ie6 but se215 do fit quite easily for me.
maybe u can ask clieos on his thread he might have tried the ie6 b4

May 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #32 of 39
I will admit, these do have some fantastic sound for the price.

Dec 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #34 of 39

Hey Mark (and anyone else out there who can help) ... I don't have much time and i need some advice. 

I really need to order some new fones before Christmas - and I'm stuck between a few choices.

I saw your reviews on the GR07 and the M3 - both seem very impressive, along with the IE7 & M2.

So with my time restrictions, i need to order tomorrow here in Oz - so they will arrive by friday ... before everything shuts down over Christmas. 

So, my best prices here in Australia are  -  $75 for M2, $115 for M3 -    then $185 for IE7, and $165 for GR07.

Is it worth the extra cash, for the IE7 or GR07, over the Brainwavz. ?

Are they outstandingly better quality ... or not. ?

Obviously they each have their own unique tweaks ... but could you give me a bit of a run down on all 4  -  as i won't bother spending an extra $50 - $100 if they are not that much better than the Brainwavz. 

I travel alot, but don't necessarily need complete noise cancellation, as i find i become absorbed in the music such that i don't hear much else anyhow.... but I'm a little worried about the IE7 not sitting deep enough. Build durability is important for me, but i understand these are all solid.
I don't have a stronger preference of bass over voice in my music ... more of an all rounder. Love acoustic, rock, ethnic/world music, - and do love a strong bass kick .... when it's needed.... which is often. i.e. metal, funk, electronic, etc.

So if u could get back to me with your thoughts asap, i would be most grateful. 

Many Thanks.

Dec 18, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #35 of 39

Quote:

Hey Mark (and anyone else out there who can help) ... I don't have much time and i need some advice. 

I really need to order some new fones before Christmas - and I'm stuck between a few choices.

I saw your reviews on the GR07 and the M3 - both seem very impressive, along with the IE7 & M2.

So with my time restrictions, i need to order tomorrow here in Oz - so they will arrive by friday ... before everything shuts down over Christmas. 

So, my best prices here in Australia are  -  $75 for M2, $115 for M3 -    then $185 for IE7, and $165 for GR07.

Is it worth the extra cash, for the IE7 or GR07, over the Brainwavz. ?

Are they outstandingly better quality ... or not. ?

Obviously they each have their own unique tweaks ... but could you give me a bit of a run down on all 4  -  as i won't bother spending an extra $50 - $100 if they are not that much better than the Brainwavz. 

I travel alot, but don't necessarily need complete noise cancellation, as i find i become absorbed in the music such that i don't hear much else anyhow.... but I'm a little worried about the IE7 not sitting deep enough. Build durability is important for me, but i understand these are all solid.
I don't have a stronger preference of bass over voice in my music ... more of an all rounder. Love acoustic, rock, ethnic/world music, - and do love a strong bass kick .... when it's needed.... which is often. i.e. metal, funk, electronic, etc.

So if u could get back to me with your thoughts asap, i would be most grateful. 

Many Thanks.

okay, first they are all excelent value the IE7 a touch less so which is what happens when you get a big name but you get the big name and arguably one of the best cables ever.

in short, M2 warm rich smooth thickish.  a warm chocolaty hot chocolate.

M3 is balanced lively and all round proddy damn good at everything.  is a level above the M2, no question.

IE7, one of my favs.  it isolates crap but weighs nothing and i find super comffy.  a sound like the M2 but clarity stepped up a notch and great big soundstage.  mids are fab and a joy to listen and relax to.

GR07 an all rounder that can do everything its at or maybe a touch abouve the abilities of the IE7 and it can do anything you ask of.  its never as relaxed but it can get lively in way the IE7 cant.  it isolates better too. 

in short ignore the 2 and 3, the other two outclass them and youll forever think obout upgrading till you do so cut to the case and save your wallet time and money.  go for the IE7 if you want big open gentle rich lushesness, GR07 if you want something that is pretty great ot everything.  if you arent sure what you want the GR07 is the safest bet too

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #36 of 39
Hi Mark,

Went through your review of Gr07.I Well i'm in a dilemma to buy the GR07 or the UE T-fi 10,both are almost similarly priced in Amazon.I saw that you own the T-fi 10 too from your IEM list. From what i have read fit is the major issue and next is treble sibilance in T-fi 10.Well, fit might not become an issue with me coz  i think my ears are big enough. I own the PL30,PL50,E30,GR06 (your recommendation :))& UE 200. I'm tempted by the 3BA, Upgradeable & replaceble cable & Soundstage of UE T-fi 10, but then the balanced sounding 11mm bio-cellulose tranducer is equally tempting
rolleyes.gif
. I mostly listen to Rock,Indie,Progressive House,Trance,Psychedellic & occasionally classic.
How does GR07 compare with T-fi 10 generally?
Is the treble sibilance really an issue with T-fi 10
Which do u think has better SQ and among the two which do u prefer?
Since u been having the UE T-fi 10 for sometime how's the build so far,any cable issues.
Ultimately which one do you advise me?
Kindly advise. :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #37 of 39
I own both IEMs and I prefer GR07 for what I listen to...hard rock and Metal. And that is mostly because of comfort.

The fit is a definite issue with the Triple.Fi but I have never experienced sibilance with them. They have forward treble (and bass), so maybe for some people it might be too much. It also depends on getting a good fit, which unfortunately for Triple.fis, is 50/50.

The GR07s are quite small. You will lose out on some isolation but they are very comfortable. I actually heard a hint of sibilance when I first got em (mostly with the sound of cymbals) but after about 40 hours they seem to have settled down.

I also have to add, the Triple.fi stock cable is atrocious, cheap quality with everlasting memory.  I couldn't enjoy them until I got a FiiO replacement cable.

Hope this helps.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #39 of 39

Quote:
Hi Mark,

Went through your review of Gr07.I Well i'm in a dilemma to buy the GR07 or the UE T-fi 10,both are almost similarly priced in Amazon.I saw that you own the T-fi 10 too from your IEM list. From what i have read fit is the major issue and next is treble sibilance in T-fi 10.Well, fit might not become an issue with me coz  i think my ears are big enough. I own the PL30,PL50,E30,GR06 (your recommendation :))& UE 200. I'm tempted by the 3BA, Upgradeable & replaceble cable & Soundstage of UE T-fi 10, but then the balanced sounding 11mm bio-cellulose tranducer is equally tempting
rolleyes.gif
. I mostly listen to Rock,Indie,Progressive House,Trance,Psychedellic & occasionally classic.
How does GR07 compare with T-fi 10 generally?
Is the treble sibilance really an issue with T-fi 10
Which do u think has better SQ and among the two which do u prefer?
Since u been having the UE T-fi 10 for sometime how's the build so far,any cable issues.
Ultimately which one do you advise me?
Kindly advise. :)

the tf10 is top table and the GR07 isnt.  however the 7 is much more of an all rounder, so for many things the 7 is much better suited.  also i think the tf10 really needs an amp to be its best.  ive never had any problems with the tf10 cable but its a bit rubbish.  ive never had the 10 be sibilant but its treble can be very crispy on the ears at times.

so in super short the 10 is the better but id say if you arent sure go for the 7.  its a bettor all round package and all round sound.  the 10 is fabulous but really does want an amp and isnt a particularly versatile sound.  its fab if your going to have several good IEM's and an amp but if your just expecting to have one good one then take the 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back