VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,636 of 2,697
  Today is a good day. I'm very happy I got my pair replaced by the ebay seller... (keny-lin). I had to ship my defective pair back to China (cost like 20$), i had to wait 4 weeks...but it was definitely worth. I got a new pair of GR07BE and I simply LOVE their sound. I can say it is addictive and I missed it all this time.
Meanwhile I bought also a JVC FXZ100 as I needed some portables, they have powerful and great bass, but otherwise I think the GR07 are much better. The details are impressive and at this moment I cannot wish more from a pair of headphones. I'm not an audiophile, but I can appreciate a balanced and fairly neutral sound. The Gr07BE are amazing IEMs. So happy I got them back! :)

Why don´t you consider the gr07 portables? Don´t they fit you good enough to use them outside?

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #1,637 of 2,697
Sorry, you misunderstood. While the Gr07 where sent to repair, I needed another pair for outside use.
Now that I got gr07 back...they will take the place as main portables. They are very good and they fit good!

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,641 of 2,697
I've briefly used the EPH-100 and more extensively the GR07 BE. I have to say that the Yamaha never satisfied me: excluding the fit - which is pretty personal - the sound of the japanese is too much toward the bass. That is they have a weak higher-mid and treble, in my opinion.
The GR07 BE has a clearer sound with some low bass added (and some sibilance). Honestly sometime the GR07BE they are too bass-heavy, but it depends on the recording equalization.
Now I'm using a pair of Westone 4R and I find them perfectly equilibrated.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #1,642 of 2,697
  I've briefly used the EPH-100 and more extensively the GR07 BE. I have to say that the Yamaha never satisfied me: excluding the fit - which is pretty personal - the sound of the japanese is too much toward the bass. That is they have a weak higher-mid and treble, in my opinion.
The GR07 BE has a clearer sound with some low bass added (and some sibilance). Honestly sometime the GR07BE they are too bass-heavy, but it depends on the recording equalization.
Now I'm using a pair of Westone 4R and I find them perfectly equilibrated.

Thank you.

Interesting. I dont find the punchy bass of the Yamahas overpowering, even when listening to bass oriented genres (dubstep, etc.) it seems rather well controlled.

Im always interested in something which offers better clarity, so I'll definitely pick up the BEs sometime in the near future.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #1,643 of 2,697
  Thank you.

Interesting. I dont find the punchy bass of the Yamahas overpowering, even when listening to bass oriented genres (dubstep, etc.) it seems rather well controlled.

Im always interested in something which offers better clarity, so I'll definitely pick up the BEs sometime in the near future.

I didn't wanted to imply that the EPH100 has overpowering bass, but for my taste the bass dominated too much the spectrum, probably because the upper-mid and high are weak… and this is why I prefer so much the GR07BE.. after the Westone 4R, I mean
wink_face.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #1,645 of 2,697
I will be receiving a pair of GR07 BE's and a pair of GR01's here in the next few days.  I'll be coming from a pair of Klipsch X10's and full size headphones like the LCD2r2's and Grado PS500's.  

How will these new IEM's compare to what I've been listening to?  The X10's have really grown on me the last few weeks so I'm pretty excited to upgrade!

Oct 27, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #1,646 of 2,697
  I will be receiving a pair of GR07 BE's and a pair of GR01's here in the next few days.  I'll be coming from a pair of Klipsch X10's and full size headphones like the LCD2r2's and Grado PS500's.  

How will these new IEM's compare to what I've been listening to?  The X10's have really grown on me the last few weeks so I'm pretty excited to upgrade!

With the BE at least, bass will be similar but with better speed, decay and texture most likely.  Both the new Vsonics will provide a higher level of transparency and treble response, so expect more clarity, air and resolution overall.  While I've not heard the GR01 yet, I suspect that they will complement the BE well, much like your full sized setup.  I've been considering checking out a BA-based IEM next and was actually looking at the more recent VC1000.

As always, post some impressions once you've had a few weeks with them and had an opportunity to get adjusted to the sound of all three.

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #1,648 of 2,697
  Ah just got a pair of GR07BE again (2nd time I've owned them)
<3 <3 <3 so much love!
When's the new GR07 line up coming out, anyone know?

The GR07 Classic was supposed to be released last month (no update that I've seen yet anyway), priced at around $99.  As for the VSD3, I think by Nov/Dec and the VSD7/VSD9 early next year?  Those were the estimates I read anyway.  The housing on the latter two is rumored to look similar to the GR07 but with a detachable cable (finally!) though I have seen some other designs that look similar to Shure IEMs.  Either way I'm interested in more details - it's been pretty hush hush about the upcoming models.

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #1,649 of 2,697
The GR07 Classic was supposed to be released last month (no update that I've seen yet anyway), priced at around $99.  As for the VSD3, I think by Nov/Dec and the VSD7/VSD9 early next year?  Those were the estimates I read anyway.  The housing on the latter two is rumored to look similar to the GR07 but with a detachable cable (finally!) though I have seen some other designs that look similar to Shure IEMs.  Either way I'm interested in more details - it's been pretty hush hush about the upcoming models.

Really excited for the release of these new models, next year can't come soon enough. The VSD5/7 look really nice and I'm sure well sound amazing.:)

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,650 of 2,697
As a quick update to my earlier post, I received the GR07 BE's a few days ago and they are quite an improvement over the X10's in pretty much every way.  More detail, resolution, and general treble response.  Bass is similar but a bit faster and cleaner.  I'm giving these a chance to break in a bit more but I have been impressed so far. 

I received the GR01's the day after the GR07's and they have completely blown me away.  A big upgrade in every way (except bass quantity) over the X10's.  I want to give the 07's a chance to really be broken in before judging them against the 01's but I can say right now that they have a tough task ahead of them!  It may be that I just prefer the BA sound, but we'll see after a few weeks with both of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back