VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #2,251 of 2,697
  Mine are back with LMUE. They've been there for a week now. No idea what's going on. They've stopped replying to ticket / emails.
Anyone know if, for any reason, LMUE are 'out' for some reason?

Cheers.

In my experience LMUE can be slow at replying.
I don't think they are 'out', they were selling the VSD3 last week, including preorders.
Have you tried contact them via Facebook?

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #2,253 of 2,697
I've had a pair of GR07 Bass Edition for a while now, and for some reason the ear tip on one of the ears always falls off very easily (it's even easier than cutting butter).
I'm not sure if this is just something that happens to earphones in general, but is there any product to fix this?
Also, it's not the specific ear tip that I'm using. I could switch to any tip and it'll still have the same problem.

Jul 8, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #2,254 of 2,697
It's been about a year since I first purchased my GR07 BE's. Im still very impressed! The little wire mesh inside the canal keep getting dirty and muting the sound so I removed them. Immediate improvement in sound quality! I've taken these on international trips. They've been in taxi's, planes, buses, boats. I've carried them in my pockets, jeans, jackets, wallets, backpacks. I sleep with these on every night and most of the time I wake up laying on top of them or accidentally ripping them out of the 3.5mm socket. They're durable for sure.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #2,255 of 2,697
I've had a pair of GR07 Bass Edition for a while now, and for some reason the ear tip on one of the ears always falls off very easily (it's even easier than cutting butter).
I'm not sure if this is just something that happens to earphones in general, but is there any product to fix this?
Also, it's not the specific ear tip that I'm using. I could switch to any tip and it'll still have the same problem.

Are you sure you have the right size? I think you should expirement more with the different size. Do you wear the behind your ear as these are intended to do so. Also when you are putting any IEM in you should open your mouth when you put it in your ear as this opens the ear canal more. I have had my GR07be for well over a year and no issues, I always wear them behind my head and over the ear.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #2,256 of 2,697
Sorry, I meant the rubber eartip itself actually falls off the IEM, not out of my ear. And it does the same thing no matter which eartips I put on, be it the ones that came with it or any other ones I've tried.

Jul 9, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #2,257 of 2,697
Sorry, I meant the rubber eartip itself actually falls off the IEM, not out of my ear. And it does the same thing no matter which eartips I put on, be it the ones that came with it or any other ones I've tried.

In all the time I've had mine this has happened maybe a few times. I make sure to push them all the way on. I heard the star tips work good with these, they are made by westone.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,258 of 2,697
In all the time I've had mine this has happened maybe a few times. I make sure to push them all the way on. I heard the star tips work good with these, they are made by westone.

Aren't the star tips a bit too narrow to use? Even if you are going for a tight fit so that it is secured, the star tips may be out of the range still.

This has never happed to me in the year ive owned the gr07be nor have I read it happening before and I've been through a lot of this thread lol. Although unlikely, it's possible that its dirty and making the tips slip off. The only other thing I can think of is that one of the rings on the nozzle is faulty, chipped, etc, making them fall off? Does it happen with foam as well as silicon?

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #2,260 of 2,697
Aren't the star tips a bit too narrow to use? Even if you are going for a tight fit so that it is secured, the star tips may be out of the range still.

Sorry my tablet does not work properly, its not operator error, anyways. The West ones will work they just don't go as deep as the stock ones. The West ones are tight to go as well but they go on and stay there. There has been reports that they make it sound different in some way.

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #2,261 of 2,697
Just got my GR07 BE in the mail today. What tips would you guys recommend. I read somewhere that people liked the sony hybrids, which are the silicone ones with foam on the inside if I am correct? They came in grey, purple and blue if those are them. Gonna be listening to them non stop. 

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #2,262 of 2,697
Just got my GR07 BE in the mail today. What tips would you guys recommend. I read somewhere that people liked the sony hybrids, which are the silicone ones with foam on the inside if I am correct? They came in grey, purple and blue if those are them. Gonna be listening to them non stop. 

I liked the the ones with the foam on the inside the best tell they wore out. Best thing is to expirement with huge supply they give you. You will be happy with these. Are you going to wear these behind your ears? Remember the boss part of the IEM moves around so you can find the perfect position, they are a bit stiff at first.

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #2,263 of 2,697
Boss part? I thought you could only wear these behind the ear. My first pair ive had that are behind the ear so this will take getting used to, apparently my right ear is small than my left causing the wire to slip off frequently. Im using those black ear frame things to hold them in place, feels more comfortable too. Also how do the tips get worn out?  Sorry so many questions

Jul 10, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #2,264 of 2,697
Boss part? I thought you could only wear these behind the ear. My first pair ive had that are behind the ear so this will take getting used to, apparently my right ear is small than my left causing the wire to slip off frequently. Im using those black ear frame things to hold them in place, feels more comfortable too. Also how do the tips get worn out?  Sorry so many questions

Boss parts is the part that you would put the tips on to, that part swivels in all directions. There are some times where I put the left in the right ear and vs. Versa. Only when I have to keep taking them in and out a lot when I'm at my desk at work. I use them behind my ear almost exclusively. I pull the sling up so they stay tight to my head with out the black frame things. Tips do wear out over time, they lose there shape and then lose there isolation which means you will lose your bass amongst other sound qualities. I to use two different sized tips as my ears canals are of a different size.. hopefully this answered all of your questions.

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #2,265 of 2,697

Also commonly referred to as the nozzle, which swivels. Some people have commented that when they first tried to move it, it was quite stiff but eventually got it to move. I personally wouldn't touch the damn nozzle unless you really need to reposition it. This is because after about 7-8 months my right nozzle started to not stay in place, and I barely moved them as well. If you clean your silicon tips every week (or less frequently if you dont use them often) it will be a while before they start to show any signs of wear. Atleast I haven't had issues.

I have problems with my right ear, can't really comment if its small or larger than my left ear, depends on the day lol, it is certainly a different shape. That being said, i suggest the mediam silicone that came on them, the non foam filled blue ones, or the double flanges that came with them. I just got the vsd3s and the double flanges that came with them were different than the ones that came with my gr07be ( i preferred the gr07 ones, atleast from memory they seem different).

Also, ones that don't come with the gr07, even though they aren't necessary are the meelectronic triple flanges (if you can deal with the discomfort for a little while), the mosnter super tips have gotten some good comments and for foam the comply tx400. For the triple flanges and comply, you would need to use the stem of another pair of tips with the actual head of the tip cut off and apply them to the nozzle before putting on the tri flange or comply so that they will fit on the nozzle properly. You could push the foam all the way to the last ring on the nozzle and it would fit, but it isn't meant to work in that manner.

There is also a tips thread, http://www.head-fi.org/t/579151/gr07-tips-thread, but if youve found something you like, I would avoid going to it. I know I personally sunk a lot of time into it only to come back to the ones I've mentioned here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back