VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jan 29, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,982 of 2,697
Hey can anyone tell how much of an upgrade would the VSonic GR07 BE would be over the VSonic VSD1 . I really enjoy the VSD1 but I keep thinking maybe I should have bought the GRO7 BEs instead , quite a bit of price jump that is why I have been holding out , are they worth the difference taking the cost into account ?

Jan 29, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,984 of 2,697
Jan 30, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #1,986 of 2,697
  Hey can anyone tell how much of an upgrade would the VSonic GR07 BE would be over the VSonic VSD1 . I really enjoy the VSD1 but I keep thinking maybe I should have bought the GRO7 BEs instead , quite a bit of price jump that is why I have been holding out , are they worth the difference taking the cost into account ?

Better treble and bass extension. A little less midbass which leads to clearer sound and better instrument separation. Wider soundstage. In my opinion the VSD1 doesn't sound like the GR07be at all.
Good news that I just saw LMUE announces they have some GR07be back on sale. AFAIK, They offer the cheapest price at $130

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #1,987 of 2,697
^^ Is there a code to get the $130 price?

EDIT: nevermind. :D

Feb 2, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,988 of 2,697
I had an issue with the grey foam tips. They were falling apart within a week. Then last night I lost a tip. So I switched to the blue tips with the black foam inside and these are nice. Nice bass and clean sound. What is everyone else using?

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #1,989 of 2,697

I'm using the grey foam tips right now, they didn't come with the first gr07be's that I ordered, which the right IEM stopped working on me.  All seems to be good now, I also ordered more foam tips.  The fit with the foam tips is a ton better for me then all the other rubber/silicon tips.  These actually keep their hold for me.  

Feb 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #1,991 of 2,697
It's likely your seal with the silicon wasn't proper to begin with then. Or you're a vicous eater :) hahahahaha, kidding of course. I've transitioned over to meelectronic triple flanges. They definitely are ear rapers but i tried switching back to the blue fake hybrids or the standard sillicons that come on them and they just aren't enough now. The seal and sound of the triple is too good, but i can definitely say it is not for everyone. 

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,992 of 2,697
I had an issue with the grey foam tips. They were falling apart within a week. Then last night I lost a tip. So I switched to the blue tips with the black foam inside and these are nice. Nice bass and clean sound. What is everyone else using?

I use those (blue tips with the black foam inside) best results so far.

Feb 4, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #1,993 of 2,697
Today I lost one of the Earguides on my GR07 BE.

Is it possible to buy the same Earguides or get any other that is compatible?

Any trick or recommendation to "emulate" the Earguides?

Thanks

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #1,994 of 2,697
I found with my gr06s that I didn't need the ear guides.

Simply when you're putting then on over your ear twist them right round once or twice. More exactly I put them over my ear and right before I insert them I twist them round so that the tip goes forwards first. I think that means clockwise for the right and anti clockwise for the left.

The tension on the cable should keep it shaped around your ears and stop it falling off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #1,995 of 2,697
Sorry if this discussion has been beaten to death, but has anyone found any tips that isolate better than the single flange hybrid tips with foam without destroying the highs? I tried my Klipsch bi-flange and Ety tri-flange tips and those both killed off the treble. I also tried some Meelec tri-flange tips cut down to bi-flange, but those were a bit uncomfortable to my ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back