VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jan 20, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #1,966 of 2,697
  I was watching the NFC championship football game on fox yesterday evening. After the post game show the new season of the Fox drama, The Following, premiered. I have never watched this show but I was busy doing something and I simply allowed the show to run as I wasn't able to check the program guide and change channels. When I did sit back down on my couch I saw the show's lead actor, Kevin Bacon, leaving his New York apartment to go for a jog through Central Park. Upon returning from his jog there is a close-up shot of him re-entering his apartment where he promptly proceeds to remove his earphones which i am relatively sure are a set of Vsonic GR07BE's as the candy cane striped cable is a dead give away. Either Kevin Bacon, or more likely some member of the show's production team, is obviously a Head-Fier. How else to explain the placement of what is, relatively speaking, a rather  obscure product?

That would have been the BOSE he was wearing...
images

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,967 of 2,697
2 forumers here already have cable issues with their GR07 this week. How come this is so common? These are less than 2 months old:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687584/changing-my-ex510lp-for-se215/15#post_10208151

http://www.head-fi.org/t/699088/need-some-direction-please-in-ear-headphone-suggestions/15#post_10211378

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #1,968 of 2,697
  2 forumers here already have cable issues with their GR07 this week. How come this is so common? These are less than 2 months old:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687584/changing-my-ex510lp-for-se215/15#post_10208151

http://www.head-fi.org/t/699088/need-some-direction-please-in-ear-headphone-suggestions/15#post_10211378

Yup 17 days for me, sending them back tomorrow.  So weird, right iem just quit out of no where

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #1,969 of 2,697
I got to be extra careful with the cables from now on...Oddly the cable looks quite sturdy on the GR07. I wonder if its a batch issue?

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #1,970 of 2,697
  I got to be extra careful with the cables from now on...Oddly the cable looks quite sturdy on the GR07. I wonder if its a batch issue?

Yeah it looks very sturdy, I even tried massaging connection areas to see if there is any kind of crackle, nothing, not a sound to be heard.  Maybe we could get a response straight from Vsonic, I noticed someone on amazon wrote a review that his right iem quit as well.  I'm curious to know exactly what is happening

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #1,971 of 2,697
I wonder if Vsonic has customer support in English. I would like to know their response too.

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #1,972 of 2,697
I've had mine for seven months, with about 5 months of heavy use, wrapped often, etc. and the cord is very sturdy. Back when I bought mine I don't remember reading anything about cord issues, so it sounds like it might be a batch/end of production issue. My right monitor did stop working properly for a couple of days but it is likely more dirt related than malfunctioning as I gave it a very good cleaning, despite the fact they were pretty clean and it worked again, not an issue since. 

Jan 27, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #1,974 of 2,697
I may just order another pair and give it a shot.  I was running the smaller black silicone ear buds they provided but they seemed to lose their seal.  I couldn't really find a good one they provided that sealed properly or stayed sealed.  Is there some kind of way to make them tacky you guys do to make them stay?  Like if I was to clean them with a damp cloth and put them right in they would stay sealed for awhile in my ear.  I like for them to sit in there deep so I can hear the bass nicely.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #1,976 of 2,697
I also use the default tip that came with it. Gives me the best seal. 

When I'm wearing it over ear, I feel the cable going to the housing is stressed. So far I've no issues with my GR07 though.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #1,977 of 2,697
I bought the original vsonic foam tips last night from Hong Kong. Look forward to trying them out, could be weeks before they get here tho. I wish vsonic put more smaller tips in with the orders. I guess I have a small ear but its all about the seal.

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #1,978 of 2,697
I bought the original vsonic foam tips last night from Hong Kong. Look forward to trying them out, could be weeks before they get here tho. I wish vsonic put more smaller tips in with the orders. I guess I have a small ear but its all about the seal.

Perhaps try the smallest size genuine Sony Hybrid tips?  Though they would be about the same size as the ones included with the GR07 (red in color) which may still be too large but the hybrids are a bit softer material so they may conform and seal a bit better.

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #1,979 of 2,697
  I've had mine for seven months, with about 5 months of heavy use, wrapped often, etc. and the cord is very sturdy. Back when I bought mine I don't remember reading anything about cord issues, so it sounds like it might be a batch/end of production issue. My right monitor did stop working properly for a couple of days but it is likely more dirt related than malfunctioning as I gave it a very good cleaning, despite the fact they were pretty clean and it worked again, not an issue since. 

Can you describe how you cleaned it? Did you open up the nozzle to reach the drivers? I want to open up the GR07 to clean but I'm afraid I may break the driver

Jan 28, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,980 of 2,697
  Can you describe how you cleaned it? Did you open up the nozzle to reach the drivers? I want to open up the GR07 to clean but I'm afraid I may break the driver

No, I was afraid of that as well and did not reach the drivers. I will say however, that the screens in place have fairly small holes, and the only thing getting through there is dust or small dirt particles, which if you take good care of your iems shouldn't be that much of an issue. I used a toothpick like tool that has rubber on one half that is flexible. I was able to get into all the areas from the screen up and pick up any dirt/wax that had been sitting there for a while that wasn't clearly visible, or it did nothing and my right monitor just decided to work again. If you're careful you wont break the driver, but getting it back together might require some soldering or glue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back