VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jan 9, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #1,951 of 2,697
I used my brothers T-400's on the BE the other day and they fit well. If I remember right the bore was not too narrow, and fit quite well, but overall I prefer silicon. It wasn't an extensive listen, but the bass wasn't muddled and everything sounded as it should. The meelectronic triple flange isolate and sound quite good, but because the bore is a bit larger they have to be pushed all the way to the last knuckle, or I suppose the tip could be cut off of them, but I find if I don't push them all the way back they get sucked off into my ear easier, no matter how careful I am. 

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #1,952 of 2,697
Guys i need your opinion, i have been looking forward to buy a pair of iem but is it now a good time to buy GR07BE because i came across some post that vsonic announced the Vsd3 , Vsd7 are they the replacement models for GR07MK2 and GR07BE and is it now a good time to buy one from lendmeurears?

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #1,953 of 2,697
  Guys i need your opinion, i have been looking forward to buy a pair of iem but is it now a good time to buy GR07BE because i came across some post that vsonic announced the Vsd3 , Vsd7 are they the replacement models for GR07MK2 and GR07BE and is it now a good time to buy one from lendmeurears?

buy one till the stocks last man.who knows how the next model performs??
they are going for only 130$

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #1,954 of 2,697
I use my GR07BE on low gain and volume between 30 - 34.

I tried on high gain with 29 volume and the sound is more alive, haven't experience any background noise. But I will try again and comeback with more impressions

After a few weeks of testing, I find the HIGH setting more bright and haven't experience any background noise. Sweet sound.
I find the volume around 25 - 29 comfortable.

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #1,956 of 2,697
Most people are quite deaf.
I read about the amps people say you need to drive headphone x and y , especially with phones, and it is just not so. I do not even use close to the power a rubbish phone provides in comparison for the same.
And then louder audio creates more hearing impairment and the cycle goes on.

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #1,957 of 2,697
  Most people are quite deaf.
I read about the amps people say you need to drive headphone x and y , especially with phones, and it is just not so. I do not even use close to the power a rubbish phone provides in comparison for the same.
And then louder audio creates more hearing impairment and the cycle goes on.

I don't listen to music at high volume at all but could not listen to music without a decent amp, I don't really need the power of an amp, but find that the amp make the music sound more "alive" as reihead said above. Amps can make the music sound warmer or crisper to me. My amp on high-gain seems to give more clarity and headroom to the music, keeping my player from straining to reproduce certain frequencies without sufficient power. My amp strengthens not only the bass, but mids and treble also. Music seems fuller, more alive with my amp. I previously had an Ibasso amp and never switched it from low-gain, so I probably never got as much from it as I could have.

An amp seems to completely change, or should I say enhance the natural capabilities of the media player. The purists says an amp should be "neutral" but most amps seems to introduce their own sonic signature into the mix, which is a good thing. My Ibasso was pretty neutral but my Fiio would be considered "warm" and a good match for more neutral IEM's. I always see the questions posed here "should I get an amp" and although I know some people (like myself) are on a tight budget, I really must
say an amp to me is almost required to get the full listening experience from your IEM's. I'm 46 and RARELY turn my amp up more than a 1/4 turn or so, but it's nice to know I have the power to do it!

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,958 of 2,697
I was only speaking about the decibel output people seem to require or are unable to hear without same insane amount of volume.
An example outside the realm of the usual head fier would be people on a train or the street whose volume you can hear from distance from IEMs. 
And so while I am not disagreeing with you about amps,dacs and the morphing of the signal, I think that is often overstated as well.
If you took controlled tests of peoples' hearing and then asked them their thoughts on this and that, unamped, amped, DAC, etc. you would notice most of their capabilities do not line up with all of their notes on audio quality details, improvements and the like.
I am not saying this is the case with you just with many people.
In fact, I am looking for a new amp/dac for portable use. I have used just an amp with these crap sources and various headphones and iems and it just is not that large a difference when you give so much extra power if any.
Another point on peoples' deafness is that with more volume if they say 'oh, there is more detail' or something along those lines this is the same as not having good hearing. The inability to separate what is there with your hearing mechanism. To use vision for the analogy, two people can see the same object X meters away but one says 'when it is magnified it is so much clearer'. Well, yes, because you cannot see as well. The difference between the hearing and vision is that with the latter there is no argument that it is the source that is poor or not.  I have been trying to find setups with poor sources and the amplification is not so useful. Improved files, processing(or lack thereof) would do the trick right.

Anyway, it is good you do not blast your ears since that is what makes them worse and worse as was my original point.
I am waiting for a pair of GR07 BE myself.

Good listening to you.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #1,959 of 2,697
High gain on volume 15 is perfect for. Me but you guys must be deaf:astonished:

I think the volume also depends on file types. I play 16/44.1 flac at low gain 17-22, while 24/192 at low gain 21-27.
But yeah, 30-35 would be really loud for me. I only reach that level with my DT880 250 Ohms: 27-33 low gain for 16/44 flac, and 32-40 for 24/192

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,961 of 2,697
I was watching the NFC championship football game on fox yesterday evening. After the post game show the new season of the Fox drama, The Following, premiered. I have never watched this show but I was busy doing something and I simply allowed the show to run as I wasn't able to check the program guide and change channels. When I did sit back down on my couch I saw the show's lead actor, Kevin Bacon, leaving his New York apartment to go for a jog through Central Park. Upon returning from his jog there is a close-up shot of him re-entering his apartment where he promptly proceeds to remove his earphones which i am relatively sure are a set of Vsonic GR07BE's as the candy cane striped cable is a dead give away. Either Kevin Bacon, or more likely some member of the show's production team, is obviously a Head-Fier. How else to explain the placement of what is, relatively speaking, a rather  obscure product?

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #1,962 of 2,697
  I was watching the NFC championship football game on fox yesterday evening. After the post game show the new season of the Fox drama, The Following, premiered. I have never watched this show but I was busy doing something and I simply allowed the show to run as I wasn't able to check the program guide and change channels. When I did sit back down on my couch I saw the show's lead actor, Kevin Bacon, leaving his New York apartment to go for a jog through Central Park. Upon returning from his jog there is a close-up shot of him re-entering his apartment where he promptly proceeds to remove his earphones which i am relatively sure are a set of Vsonic GR07BE's as the candy cane striped cable is a dead give away. Either Kevin Bacon, or more likely some member of the show's production team, is obviously a Head-Fier. How else to explain the placement of what is, relatively speaking, a rather  obscure product?

Nah, they were something generic - not gr07be. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #1,963 of 2,697

Nah, they were something generic - not gr07be. 

With that red striped cable? Did you see the scene on a large television in hi-def? I could clearly see the cable. It was very easy to see the stripes and the fact that it's of a gauge normally not found on generic earphones. Do you know of any generic earphones that use a heavy gauge cable with that colour scheme? It's not completely out of the question. There are a lot of audiophiles and Headphiles in the TV and motion picture industry who will often do unsolicited and uncredited hi-end product placements in movies and television shows. It's not unusual.

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #1,964 of 2,697
  With that red striped cable? Did you see the scene on a large television in hi-def? I could clearly see the cable. It was very easy to see the stripes and the fact that it's of a gauge normally not found on generic earphones. Do you know of any generic earphones that use a heavy gauge cable with that colour scheme? It's not completely out of the question. There are a lot of audiophiles and Headphiles in the TV and motion picture industry who will often do unsolicited and uncredited hi-end product placements in movies and television shows. It's not unusual.

Yeah, I saw it on a big TV and even watched it frame by frame few times. They look like some earbuds and not iems. And they were also worn cable down and the stripes were a LOT bigger and more blackish instead of red. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back