VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jan 6, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #1,936 of 2,697
I'm in love with these IEM's but I'm trying to get a better seal in my ears. I'm currently using the foam buds, are there anything similar from 3rd market that will provide a longer tip and a better seal/isolation/comfort?

If you're OK with deeper insertion, check out the Comply P series: http://www.complyfoam.com/products/p-series/

I believe the size you'll need is 400 - I just noticed that Comply finally added more Vsonic models including the VSD1 which has the same nozzle as the GR07, and they recommend 400.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,938 of 2,697
Anyone use ebay seller 'bigbargainonline'?
I am looking at GR07 BE or MKII and the latter seems a good price compared to other retail sellers of new.
If they sell authentic goods the price and availability might send me to MKII(though I probably will prefer BE).

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #1,939 of 2,697
I am looking at GR07 BE or MKII and the latter seems a good price compared to other retail sellers of new.
If they sell authentic goods the price and availability might send me to MKII(though I probably will prefer BE).

I used http://www.lendmeurears.com/ to get the GR07BE, they ship from Singapore so make sure to check with them how many days it will take.

Cheers 

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #1,941 of 2,697

I bought my either my original GR07s or my BEs through them I believe...no problems at all.  Just don't remember which transaction it was.  :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #1,942 of 2,697

I've read that the 200 size fits (over on the other GR07 thread) but I've personally not tried it.  I have some 400 size tips with me though and they do fit snug over the last knuckle, but I'm not sure how a longer tip like the P series will sound.  I suspect that the size 200 tips would fit more snug on the tip of the nozzle up to the last knuckle from what I've read but they reportedly need a bit of stretching as the bore hole is slightly smaller.  Comply now recommends size 400 for the VSD1 though, which has the same size/type nozzle as the GR07.  I would check around to see if anyone has tried the P series tips over on the other threads.

You may want to check this out though:

http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-effect-of-ear-sleeves-vsonic-gr07.html

In the comments based on his tests, Rin recommends avoiding tips that are longer and/or with thinner bore holes, which kind of rules out the P series.  If you were to still want to try Comply tips though, I'd personally suggest the Ts series most likely given those results.

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #1,944 of 2,697
Not sure why comply refuses to acknowledge what is probably one of the most popular IEM's around, makes no sense to me and I know the GR07's would benefit from a nice pair of Comply's since most other tips refuse to stay in my ear.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #1,945 of 2,697

I bought my either my original GR07s or my BEs through them I believe...no problems at all.  Just don't remember which transaction it was.  :

Good to know, thank you. 

I used http://www.lendmeurears.com/ to get the GR07BE, they ship from Singapore so make sure to check with them how many days it will take.

Cheers 

Excellent! I had been on the site before but the price was higher. Thanks much.

Anyone use GR07 without the ear hooks?

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,946 of 2,697

Anyone use GR07 without the ear hooks?

I've never used the ear hooks with either set of my GR07s...I use the chin slider to keep them taught over my ears.  I run regularly with them, so clearly it's stable enough for me in that configuration.  The ear hooks bothered my ears...and they are hard to wear with glasses due to the limited amount of space between my ears and my head.  :wink:

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #1,947 of 2,697
Wondering about wearing them straight down.
But at least the hooks are not a must.
Not for running and probably not even on a cardio machine(maybe once in awhile if I have no other IEMs), mostly travel.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,948 of 2,697

Yes they are authentic seller and sell legit cans only....And they are so co-operative and friendlier too.....they are good at it more than business.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,949 of 2,697
Wondering about wearing them straight down.
But at least the hooks are not a must.
Not for running and probably not even on a cardio machine(maybe once in awhile if I have no other IEMs), mostly travel.

The vsonic cable beauty is that it actually stay close to the bck of the ear lobe w/o the ear hooks....Again it can be used if needed for few ears.wearing them straight down? You can with the flip mod if ear-pieces not fitting their respective sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back