VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Oct 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #2,401 of 2,697
Oh boy. I just did the worst possible thing today. I left my gr07s in my sweater after school today and thinking they were in my case I did some laundry. Upon realizing that they weren't in my case I knew what I had done immediately and knew I had dun goofed. I'm so sad right now they were my favorite pair of iems :frowning2:. Guess I'll try my luck on some classics :).

Oct 22, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #2,402 of 2,697
Oh boy. I just did the worst possible thing today. I left my gr07s in my sweater after school today and thinking they were in my case I did some laundry. Upon realizing that they weren't in my case I knew what I had done immediately and knew I had dun goofed. I'm so sad right now they were my favorite pair of iems
frown.gif
. Guess I'll try my luck on some classics
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmm, maybe they'll have a slightly slushy sound now.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2,404 of 2,697
Damn dude, I'm sorry for your loss. The good news is the Classic sound the same and are readily available. 

I don't think that the Classic sound the same as the BE. The Classic sounds like MK2 as far as I know.

Oct 23, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #2,405 of 2,697
Oh boy. I just did the worst possible thing today. I left my gr07s in my sweater after school today and thinking they were in my case I did some laundry. Upon realizing that they weren't in my case I knew what I had done immediately and knew I had dun goofed. I'm so sad right now they were my favorite pair of iems
frown.gif
. Guess I'll try my luck on some classics
smily_headphones1.gif

Damn dude, I'm sorry for your loss. The good news is the Classic sound the same and are readily available. 

If you guys want to the BE just buy the BE, the classic are trying to be more like the MK2 not the BE 
read - http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-vsonic-gr07-classic-plus-warning/

You can find the BE in LMUE.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #2,406 of 2,697
I don't think that the Classic sound the same as the BE. The Classic sounds like MK2 as far as I know.

Yeah, I know they aren't the same, as I have both of them. He said "GR07s" so I assumed he meant the MKI, which the Classic sounds like. That's my bad for not reading the title. In any case, the BE is also easily replaced, as atraf said.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #2,409 of 2,697
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was talking about the BE but was looking at the classics because I don't need the extra impact from the Be and hoping the classics have slightly more forward mids.

I made a comparison of them a while ago, so maybe that could help you decide:

"
So I got my GR07 Classic and it sounds pretty similar out of the box to GR07BE. Guess that was just brain-in after all? 
tongue_smile.gif

At any rate, the Classic is definitely less bassy (shock) and the bass register sounds cleaner. BE has louder bass, but not necessarily deeper. Mids are more forward and neutral than the BE. Treble honestly sounds about the same. There's a bit of sibilance and offensive snare drum here and there, but not much worse than the BE. Maybe these are more in line with the MKII? I dunno, just describing it as I hear it. If I had to personify these, they're like brother (BE) and sister (CE), where one is a bit more powerful and the other a bit more elegant, but clearly cut from the same cloth.

I really love the way things like Progressive Rock/Metal, Classic Rock, Vocal Pop, Jazz, and Classical sound on the Classics compared to the BE. That said, Bassier EDM or Pop, Hip hop, and newer Metal might be better suited to the BE. I'm sure all of this sounds like common sense, but it's always good to test your assumptions. At first the Classic felt a little soulless and cold, but listening for a half hour or so changed that right up. 

Both are great phones, both have the same general sound signature and feel to them. CE is cleaner in the bass and mids and BE is fuller and warmer. If you're on the fence about which is right for you, just look at your music preferences, and don't think about it more than that. If you value clarity and an unmuddled sound, go for the CE. If you want to feel that bass impact and willing sacrifice a bit of clarity (still plenty of detail, just a hair tad muddier), BE is your guy. "

Hope that helps. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #2,410 of 2,697
I made a comparison of them a while ago, so maybe that could help you decide:

"
So I got my GR07 Classic and it sounds pretty similar out of the box to GR07BE. Guess that was just brain-in after all? :tongue_smile:  

At any rate, the Classic is definitely less bassy (shock) and the bass register sounds cleaner. BE has louder bass, but not necessarily deeper. Mids are more forward and neutral than the BE. Treble honestly sounds about the same. There's a bit of sibilance and offensive snare drum here and there, but not much worse than the BE. Maybe these are more in line with the MKII? I dunno, just describing it as I hear it. If I had to personify these, they're like brother (BE) and sister (CE), where one is a bit more powerful and the other a bit more elegant, but clearly cut from the same cloth.

I really love the way things like Progressive Rock/Metal, Classic Rock, Vocal Pop, Jazz, and Classical sound on the Classics compared to the BE. That said, Bassier EDM or Pop, Hip hop, and newer Metal might be better suited to the BE. I'm sure all of this sounds like common sense, but it's always good to test your assumptions. At first the Classic felt a little soulless and cold, but listening for a half hour or so changed that right up. 

Both are great phones, both have the same general sound signature and feel to them. CE is cleaner in the bass and mids and BE is fuller and warmer. If you're on the fence about which is right for you, just look at your music preferences, and don't think about it more than that. If you value clarity and an unmuddled sound, go for the CE. If you want to feel that bass impact and willing sacrifice a bit of clarity (still plenty of detail, just a hair tad muddier), BE is your guy. "

Hope that helps. :)

Yes it does, Thanks.

Oct 23, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #2,411 of 2,697
For what it's worth, I own 4 classics, and they are all weighted quite differently, Frequency Response wise. One pair is quite bright and with a fairly lean lower half, another is fuller bodied and with a more recessed top end, the other 2 are also variations with different tastes.

In my experience, depending on which specific unit you end up getting, you may end up with a more mid-centric one, or a bright one, or one with a fairly smooth treble and filled in bass. From my experience it's not worth talking about the minute differences between the BE and the CE (other than the general fact that the BE must have a bit louder bass response), since there can be quite high variations within the CE model alone.

I'll also say that I love all 4 and would be absolutely OK with any one of them. This is an IEM where the absolute spectral balance doesn't really matter to me that much, since it sounds so good across the spectrum. I could probably listen to them lowpassed to 4K and enjoy the hell out of them. :)

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #2,413 of 2,697
  In the past couple of days, my GR07's have developed a crackling sound in the left one.  They're only 5 months old - I'm a little disappointed at the build quality.  Should I seek a replacement through LMUE, or Vsonic?

I'd contact LMUE first.

By crackling do you mean a static noise (like when you plug in the cable)?

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #2,414 of 2,697
  I'd contact LMUE first.

By crackling do you mean a static noise (like when you plug in the cable)?

Yep.  I'm 95% sure its a cable issue - when I move or touch the cable, the crackling becomes more obvious.  As I said, I'm bit surprised and disappointed.  I've taken very good care of them - no undue stress, always wrap properly (over-under) before putting away in a case.

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #2,415 of 2,697
  Yep.  I'm 95% sure its a cable issue - when I move or touch the cable, the crackling becomes more obvious.  As I said, I'm bit surprised and disappointed.  I've taken very good care of them - no undue stress, always wrap properly (over-under) before putting away in a case.

Have you tried contacting the dealer who sold them to you? I'm sure your warranty is still in effect. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back