VSonic GR-07 Recable
Jan 13, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
Putente - I have read all of the instances where recableing was discussed in the original GR07 thread, and have seen the picture to which you refer. That really just doesn't do me much good tbh. The information was very lackluster, and I care deeply about these buds and their sound signature.

I would be glad to send them to a professional, and have messaged two already about this inquiry. Although for purposes of this thread, with some quality guidance, I would feel more confident in giving it a go myself.

could you tell me on which page the pictures are or give a link? 

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #17 of 27
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that Brian finished my GR07s. This was his first undertaking of a GR07 recable, and I think that he did a very professional job. They sound perfect, and look great!

Just a little shout out to Brian at BTG-Audio, I highly recommend. He communicated with me through the entire process, and when he was done, I got a picture and a tracking number.

Here they are:
Gr07.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!!!

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that Brian finished my GR07s. This was his first undertaking of a GR07 recable, and I think that he did a very professional job. They sound perfect, and look great!

Just a little shout out to Brian at BTG-Audio, I highly recommend. He communicated with me through the entire process, and when he was done, I got a picture and a tracking number.

Here they are:
Gr07.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!!!

Wow, it looks great indeed! Can you tell us about the costs involved? 
popcorn.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #21 of 27
Those look fantastic - props to Brian for pulling it off.

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #23 of 27
What was the fee for the re-cable? Mine are giving me trouble again.

Feb 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #24 of 27
I'm also interested in getting my Vsonic GR07 recabled as there appears to be a break in the cable in or around the strain relief on the headphone plug end :frowning2:

Got some Rockit R-50's today from Noisy Motel which are fantastic but my GR07's will always have a special place in my heart :p

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #25 of 27
Oh, right. Sorry...

So I shipped them out myself, and then the fee was $50 for a recable and new termination. He also has really sweet termination options, but alas, I just went with the simple straight.

Very reasonable price imo.

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #26 of 27
Quote:
Oh, right. Sorry...

So I shipped them out myself, and then the fee was $50 for a recable and new termination. He also has really sweet termination options, but alas, I just went with the simple straight.

Very reasonable price imo.

Care for an update? How are they holding up? I still haven't shipped mine to BTG, and they're getting worse and worse - just total beaters at this point...

Dec 14, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #27 of 27
I just received my recabled GR07 BE's back from Brian at BTG Audio, and I am thrilled!! Quality cable, excellent work, and they sound amazing as always!! Brian is a busy man because he's in demand, but he totally came through for me!
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back