Vote: Favorite Pink Floyd Song
Oct 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
This seemingly useless poll, due to the incredible omissions herein will try to determine what head-fi's favorite Pink Floyd song is......It will be completely impossible to ensure that your favorite makes the cut......I will do the best I can to pick the 9 that I think would cover most people's taste, but I will leave option 10 open for you to add one if yours doesn't make the cut...

enjoy

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 29
Where be the poll?
tongue.gif

When I did read the thread title however, the first song that shot through my head was "Comfortably Numb."
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 29
I think their work is better judged as a full, album by album, while its difficult to rate each song, f.example Comfortably Numb is just a good song, but inside the Wall is just great,
I voted Shine on You, cause its the only one that can stand on its own..

Oct 25, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 29
Guess I would have to say "Wish You Were Here"...
They have so many great songs to choose from though, so the above is not fully set in stone.

Oct 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #6 of 29
Pass, far too many great songs they produced for me to select one favorite, I love them all!!! An interesting bit of trivia is their original name, "Tea Set." The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful of Secrets, Soundtrack from the Film More, Ummagumma, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Obscured by Clouds, The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, Delicate Sound of Thunder, The Division Bell, Pulse and The Wall.

BTW their name was derived from the given names of two blues musicians that Barrett had in his record collection—Pink Anderson and Floyd Council. On the spur of the moment, Barrett created it upon the discovery that another band also named Tea Set were to perform at one of their gigs

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 29
Atom Heart Mother Suite

Oct 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 29
Atom Heart Mother Suite for me.

EDIT: Someone agrees!

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #11 of 29
Not on the list, but I love "embryo" with "fat old sun" a close second, then "green is the color". Voted for Shine On though

Oct 25, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 29
Dogs.

Pure genius.

Oct 25, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #13 of 29
it wont let me vote but I vote for shine on you crazy diamond

edit: oh nvm right after I posted this comment the thing that said you are not allowed to vote on this thread went away

Oct 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #14 of 29
How could you leave "Bike" off your list?!
smily_headphones1.gif
It was the first Pink Floyd song I loved, but I was a 'youngun at the time. About eight or nine, if I recall.

I voted for "Shine On You Crazy Diamond." Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back