Vmoda Crossfade lp2 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs Shure SRH750 dj.
Jun 5, 2012 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jewfro87

New Head-Fier
First off, i apologize for any mistake I make here as I am new to Head-fi. Secondly, I'm new to the world of headphones, but have dome researching and found some over ear ones that I hear are good. They are the Vmoda Crossfade Lp2, the Shure SRH750 dj, and the Audio Technica ATH M50s. However, there are probably some better ones out there, so if anyone knows a better pair I'm open to different headphones. Not being able to hear them, and not knowing what makes a headphone good or bad, I am unsure of which ones to get. They would be used for casual listening, and need to be semi-portable. I mostly listen to rap/hip-hop, but listen to other genres as well (such as classical, country, reggae, and electronic/dance). My price range is about $200 or less, but am willing to go a little higher if there are better headphones out there. Also, if to get the true experience of a headphone I need to buy an amp, I can do that but it cant be too expensive.

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks Sonic Boom. When I went looking at these two headphones, common consensus was that the 780's had better bass than the M50's, is this true? Also, what would be the best amp to get for them?

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 6
750DJs are great (my roommate has a pair that I compare with my M50's), but their headband is tiny even when fully extended, and my slightly above average sized cranium cannot even have them on the full way. As a reference, M50's on 7/10 extended fits my head perfectly well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back