Vivo XPlay 5
Mar 11, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #18 of 55
I've read some of the early reviews in Chinese and unfortunately the Hi-Fi 3.0 DAC does not work with most third party apps, including Neutron and Poweramp.

I thought that was the case for LG V10 too and somebody made an app to enable the Hifi capability for other apps as well.

Mar 11, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #19 of 55
could you share the link pls

Sorry I tried looking for it in my history, but I was online too much yesterday. I'll share the link if I remember which site it was.

I've read some of the early reviews in Chinese and unfortunately the Hi-Fi 3.0 DAC does not work with most third party apps, including Neutron and Poweramp.

I thought that was the case for LG V10 too and somebody made an app to enable the Hifi capability for other apps as well.

Well, a few of the Chinese forums have suggested workarounds for other Vivo phones such as playing a silent file in the stock app to enable Hi-Fi mode and then using Poweramp etc. This is actually how the fix for the LG V10 works. But I haven't found an actual app anybody has created via Baidu. Vivo are quite aggressive about having hacks and rooting methods removed from the net.

Mar 11, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #20 of 55
Xplay

XPlay5 Elite is not on sale yet. So nobody knows whether it works with third party apps or not.

But most of the VIVO hifi phones support third party apps. You have to set up for the apps in the "Sound "settings.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #21 of 55
Sorry I tried looking for it in my history, but I was online too much yesterday. I'll share the link if I remember which site it was.
Well, a few of the Chinese forums have suggested workarounds for other Vivo phones such as playing a silent file in the stock app to enable Hi-Fi mode and then using Poweramp etc. This is actually how the fix for the LG V10 works. But I haven't found an actual app anybody has created via Baidu. Vivo are quite aggressive about having hacks and rooting methods removed from the net.

I am talking about this app for V10
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phascinate.lgv10.dacfix

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #22 of 55
Quote:
  Xplay

XPlay5 Elite is not on sale yet. So nobody knows whether it works with third party apps or not.

But most of the VIVO hifi phones support third party apps. You have to set up for the apps in the "Sound "settings.

No, it's not on sale yet but the differences between the elite and regular version are the CPU, GPU etc. So if certain 3rd party apps are not working with the regular version, it is unlikely they will work with the elite.

Yes, you can add third party apps in the audio settings, but whether they will actually enable the Hi-Fi mode is another matter. I've come across a lot of posts on the Chinese web where people are asking how to get Poweramp working with the Hi-Fi mode on previous Vivo phones. So we'll have to wait and see.

I am talking about this app for V10
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phascinate.lgv10.dacfix

Yes, I use that app with my LG V10 and it generally works very well. As far as I am aware, there is no similar app for Vivo phones.

Mar 12, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #25 of 55
Guys, there is a big difference in audio section in Xplay5 Standard Edition & Ultimate Edition. Standad have a Cirrus Logic CS4398, the Ultimate, with Snapdragon 820 have a DUAL ES9028 DAC and 3xOPA1612 amps... so this is a huge difference!

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #26 of 55
  Quote:

No, it's not on sale yet but the differences between the elite and regular version are the CPU, GPU etc. So if certain 3rd party apps are not working with the regular version, it is unlikely they will work with the elite.

Yes, you can add third party apps in the audio settings, but whether they will actually enable the Hi-Fi mode is another matter. I've come across a lot of posts on the Chinese web where people are asking how to get Poweramp working with the Hi-Fi mode on previous Vivo phones. So we'll have to wait and see.

The XPlay5 Standard Edition doesn't have so called Hi-Fi 3.0. It's using Cirrus Logic CS4398 and AD45257 amp, so it's basically an over-priced garbage.

I'll certainly try the ultimate version, with 2*ES9028+3*OPA1612. Will let you know the result. 

Mar 13, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #27 of 55
Please also confirm whether or not it has LTE 800. Would also like to know general impression on quality and battery life. The Fun Touch OS looks terrible on youtube btw but I guess that easily fixed with a standard Google ROM. If one is developed for it that is.

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #28 of 55
  Please also confirm whether or not it has LTE 800. Would also like to know general impression on quality and battery life. The Fun Touch OS looks terrible on youtube btw but I guess that easily fixed with a standard Google ROM. If one is developed for it that is.

I haven't seen any phone in China market (not Chinese phone in Europe market) has LTE 800.

So I suggest you just go for the latest LG G5.  It's on sale soon, and it's just $100 more than the XPlay5 ultimate. I'm leaning to LG now. LG has much better reputation, better OS. And easy to buy in Europe.

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #29 of 55

I haven't seen any phone in China market (not Chinese phone in Europe market) has LTE 800.

So I suggest you just go for the latest LG G5.  It's on sale soon, and it's just $100 more than the XPlay5 ultimate. I'm leaning to LG now. LG has much better reputation, better OS. And easy to buy in Europe.

Huawei Mate 8 has LTE 800 to just mention one :)
I really Need the DUAL SIM option, already have the V10 Single Sim.

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #30 of 55
This website is pretty accurate for phones that have been released and checking which LTE bands are supported:

http://willmyphonework.net/

It's unlikely that the XPlay 5s will support LTE800 (Band 20) based on Vivo's previous phones and the fact that Vivo has made it clear they are not planning to expand outside East Asia and India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back