So! I am going on a holiday to Los Angeles, stay there for two weeks and then take the plane to Vancouver and stay there again for two weeks. In LA I stay in a hotel in Hollywood and in Vancouver I will be couchsurfing. I was wondering if anyone here from those area's knows any MUST-SEE things-to-do?
- audio stores, headphone stores, gadget stores? etc.
- musea, art galleries, exhibitions?
- curiosa/knick knack antique stores?
- any cool clubs/bars/gigs in august? I am a metalhead at heart but love a good jazz or classical performance. Also very much into experimental electronica and bearded dudes behind laptops making walls of white noise.
- I also love photography, especially nature photography. Any good (beginner) hikingtrails? parks I could bring my camera rig to? etc.
- I love beer and whiskey. Not love as in gulp it down by the gallon but more like I really appreciate a great brew and a smokey sip of gold.
I would like to try and avoid most tourist-deathtraps. Also, I'll be bringing my portable rig (see sig) with me so if anyone from that area would like a chance to hear the Headstage Arrow 12HE amp connected to a Sony X1050's line out I'll be glad to let you audition it when I'm there.