Visiting Los Angeles and Vancouver in August! What should I do? Stores, sights, nightlife, nature, anything!
Jul 25, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #16 of 21
Thanks guys! You're all very helpful! This is one of those things that I really like about Head-Fi! 
beerchug.gif

Does anyone know about any specific hiking trails in the Vancouver area? I've been to Lynn Valley and Mount Douglas last year and that was already very beautiful. I need to get there by public transport though. No car this year! 

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #17 of 21
Not a huge nightlife scene in Vancouver as far as I know, but every time I've been there I'm on a leash for some reason or other, but the locals tell me it doesn't last too late. Great dining scene though, one of the top Chinese scenes outside of China in my experience. 

Jul 27, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 21

http://www.vancouvertrails.com/regions/?sort=&filter=transit

Here is a list of transit accessible trails. Maybe look at Killarney on Bowen Island that would certainly be a great day trip and let you see a bit different side to the west coast.
I really like the walk to Quarry rock personally. The first part is the toughest as far as elevation gains go it's in the shade but quite pretty in the forest and if there is still water in the creeks it sounds nice too. It's next to impossible to get lost on it and you get  a nice view as a pay off when you get to the rock and have your lunch. 

Quote:
Thanks guys! You're all very helpful! This is one of those things that I really like about Head-Fi! 
beerchug.gif

Does anyone know about any specific hiking trails in the Vancouver area? I've been to Lynn Valley and Mount Douglas last year and that was already very beautiful. I need to get there by public transport though. No car this year! 

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #21 of 21
Final bump straight from a hotel on Hollywood Boulevard. :) This place is absolutely bonkers by the way. Like Disneyland on acid. As suggested by you guys, today I'm visiting the Ghetty museum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back