VISION EARS | LAUNCH: EVE and ELYSIUM universal
Jun 8, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #92 of 115
I tested the universal Elysium. With Comply Foam tips, put in very deep with perfect seal. Fit was very good. I used my AK 380 plus amp in high gain and the 2,5 mm TRRS cable. DSD files of all kinds of genres. All I can say is this: the Elysium is by far the best I have heard from a DAP to this day. Extremely high audiophile sound quality. I'm not a basshead. But I love high quality bass! And the bass of the Elysium has just that. Very deep and extremely clean. The mids are an absolute pleasure to listen to. The most natural, audiophile. Extremely good and yet not fatiguing. I don't know how to do it any better. The same applies to the treble. The overall sound signature is neutral but highly musical. I could have listened for hours. I'd buy the Elysium right away. Then as CIEM. It's just right now that I have to hold my money together a little bit because of the virus. Although the VE Elysium is currently a bargain with 2500€ as Universal and 2700€ as CIEM. Highly (!!!) recommended.

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #93 of 115
At around 50hrs of burn in process and notice the sound have settled down and calmer, less prominent of hot Ssshhh sound as out of the box. Will continue burn in till 100hrs. Build is excellent, fitting is rather deep insert for me hence need to downsize to S stock eartips. Would like to try wide bore tips eg. Spiral dot, acoustune 07, Sedna light and some cable rolling soon. Glad with the purchase.

Eve 20_01A.jpg

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #94 of 115
At around 50hrs of burn in process and notice the sound have settled down and calmer, less prominent of hot Ssshhh sound as out of the box. Will continue burn in till 100hrs. Build is excellent, fitting is rather deep insert for me hence need to downsize to S stock eartips. Would like to try wide bore tips eg. Spiral dot, acoustune 07, Sedna light and some cable rolling soon. Glad with the purchase.

Eve 20_01A.jpg

I really love the AET07 tips with these, the sound really opens up. Spinfits have never worked well for me so....maybe except on the Dunu Luna.

Sound like you typically use M size eartips? Try the M- with the AET07 :wink:

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #95 of 115
After pairing my EVE20 with Effect Audio Ares II+ (*) for about a week, I would like to share some of my impressions. But before all that, I want to say that listening to music through many of my other IEMs is a bit like this:

1592751024018.png

It is like seeing Melody Gardot playing her guitar and singing on the stage. The focus is on her, a bit less on her guitar. And the bass and drum and piano fade into the background.

But through EVE20, the music is a bit more like this:
1592751044078.png

You can see Agnes Obel and Co. there with their instruments and pick-ups and microphones. You can see everything, and how they play. Everything is clear in your mind like a full-blown picture, but you may also pick the things (no matters they are drum or strings or voice) you want to enjoy.

* Some of you might perhaps think having the warm and bassy Ares II+ for EVE20, already dynamic IEMs, is an overkill, or in Hong Kong’s colloquial, “重口味” (literally means “enjoying something with very strong or intense flavour”). I freely admit it. But to me, the combo is very nice, and the bass would not bleed into the mid. I also paired it with ALO Ref 8 – the combo may perhaps have a bit more details, but drier not to my liking.

• Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” from A Night at the Opera – listening to the opera part is like seeing a daylight scene of a musical movie – so transparent that it is fun to listen to every voice emerges. But real revelation is the part after the opera section – when Freddie sings along against Brian’s guitar solo: I have never heard the Brian’s solo so detailed and strong before! And then at the outro, Freddie’s whisper (“anyway the wind blows…”) is so full and clear.
  • Queen’s “The Millionaire Waltz” from A Day at the Races – the bassline has so much presence in the intro, carrying the same weight as the piano. After the guitar solo part, the handling of the voice, piano, guitar, bass playing together is so effortless.
  • Thundercat’s “Uh Uh” from Drunk – the bass rumbling in 0:07 – 0:12 could be heard for the second time, after my Phonic BW03. The bass shredding and the hi-hat could be heard in an equally detailed way. The hi-hat sound is very fast.
  • Kraftwerk’s “Neon Lights” from the live album Minimum-Maximum and Agnes Obel’s “The Curse” from the Berlin Live Session – Transparent the EVE 20 may be, I have the impression that sometimes EVE20 are quite forgiving about minor imperfections in some recordings, such as Ralf Hütter’s breathing sound in “Neon Lights”, or interference of the pick-ups used in “The Curse”.
  • Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” from Paranoid – the transparency in presenting Tony’s guitar riff and Geezer’s bass riff helps achieve BS’ signature wall of sound.
  • Rainbow’s “Kill the King” from Live in Munich 1977 – EVE20 has a decent soundstage for the three legends – Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, and Cozy Powell. Not congested. The guitar and the drum are more prominent here and closer, but Dio’s voice is found slightly in the back.
  • Dusty Springfield’s “The Look of Love” – the upper-mid is well controlled and there is no sibilance. The micro-details of the bass are good alongside the saxophone solo, and in the outro.
  • Charlotte Gainsbourg’s “Le Chat du Cafe des Artistes” from her IRM – Charlotte’s whisper is less intimate in EVE20 than my Phonic BW03, v-shape tuning IEMs. The transparency and wider soundstage helps exhibit a more ‘epic’ aura.
  • The Dave Brubeck Quartet’s “City is Crying” from Jazz Impressions of Japan – Before EVE20 I love this tune because of Paul Desmond’s lyrical alto solo. But with EVE20, I can enjoy Joe Morello’s drumming more, thanks to the clear presentation.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #96 of 115
After pairing my EVE20 with Effect Audio Ares II+ (*) for about a week, I would like to share some of my impressions. But before all that, I want to say that listening to music through many of my other IEMs is a bit like this:

1592751024018.png
It is like seeing Melody Gardot playing her guitar and singing on the stage. The focus is on her, a bit less on her guitar. And the bass and drum and piano are faded into the background.

But through EVE20, the music is a bit more like this:
1592751044078.png
You can see Agnes Obel and Co. there with their instruments and pick-ups and microphones. You can see everything, and how they play. Everything is clear in your mind like a full-blown picture, but you may also pick the things (no matters they are drum or strings or voice) you want to enjoy.

* Some of you might perhaps think having the warm and bassy Ares II+ for EVE20, already dynamic IEMs, is an overkill, or in Hong Kong’s colloquial, “重口味” (literally means “enjoying something with very strong or intense flavour”). I freely admit it. But to me, the combo is very nice, and the bass would not bleed into the mid. I also paired it with ALO Ref 8 – the combo may perhaps have a bit more details, but drier not to my liking.

• Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” from A Night at the Opera – listening to the opera part is like seeing a daylight scene of a musical movie – so transparent that it is fun to listen to every voice emerges. But real revelation is the part after the opera section – when Freddie sings along against Brian’s guitar solo: I have never heard the Brian’s solo so detailed and strong before! And then at the outro, Freddie’s whisper (“anyway the wind blows…”) is so full and clear.
  • Queen’s “The Millionaire Waltz” from A Day at the Races – the bassline has so much presence in the intro, carrying the same weight as the piano. After the guitar solo part, the handling of the voice, piano, guitar, bass playing together is so effortless.
  • Thundercat’s “Uh Uh” from Drunk – the bass rumbling in 0:07 – 0:12 could be heard for the second time, after my Phonic BW03. The bass shredding and the hi-hat could be heard in an equally detailed way. The hi-hat sound is very fast.
  • Kraftwerk’s “Neon Lights” from the live album Minimum-Maximum and Agnes Obel’s “The Curse” from the Berlin Live Session – Transparent the EVE 20 may be, I have the impression that sometimes EVE20 are quite forgiving about minor imperfections in some recordings, such as Ralf Hütter’s breathing sound in “Neon Lights”, or interference of the pick-ups used in “The Curse”.
  • Black Sabbath’s “Iron Man” from Paranoid – the transparency in presenting Tony’s guitar riff and Geezer’s bass riff helps achieve BS’ signature wall of sound.
  • Rainbow’s “Kill the King” from Live in Munich 1977 – EVE20 has a decent soundstage for the three legends – Dio, Ritchie Blackmore, and Cozy Powell. Not congested. The guitar and the drum are more prominent here and closer, but Dio’s voice is found slightly in the back.
  • Dusty Springfield’s “The Look of Love” – the upper-mid is well controlled and there is no sibilance. The micro-details of the bass are good alongside the saxophone solo, and in the outro.
  • Charlotte Gainsbourg’s “Le Chat du Cafe des Artistes” from her IRM – Charlotte’s whisper is less intimate in EVE20 than my Phonic BW03, v-shape tuning IEMs. The transparency and wider soundstage helps exhibit a more ‘epic’ aura.
  • The Dave Brubeck Quartet’s “City is Crying” from Jazz Impressions of Japan – Before EVE20 I love this tune because of Paul Desmond’s lyrical alto solo. But with EVE20, I can enjoy Joe Morello’s drumming more, thanks to the clear presentation.
Very valuable information...nicely done!

Jul 5, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #99 of 115
Not on the elysium.
Would you mind giving me your take on the sonic differences between the Elysium and Erl? I have kinda settled on setting 2 on Erl. I know you are in the waiting room for your LE but had the OG. Thanks

Jul 9, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #101 of 115
Aug 26, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #103 of 115
Aug 27, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #104 of 115
Aug 30, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #105 of 115
Anyone selling your EVE or Elysium let me know. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back