ViSang R03 Review: A Budget-fi Paradigm Shift
Dec 22, 2010 at 2:14 AM Post #62 of 67

Quote:
is it normal that everytime i plug the m2's into something i hear static poping sound?

Yes. Always take your earphones out of your ears when you do that.

Dec 22, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #63 of 67
got it

after some more burn in they sound amazing, bass is really clear and tight , quantity is about right

burn it smoothed and rounded off the sharp edges, i like the M2's a lot

thank you so much for recommanding them to me.  i coundn't be happier !!

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #64 of 67
Hello everybody :).
I am pretty new with In-ear, since i have always used Headset or speakers  :)
I have spend the last few days finding out which in-ears to get.
Then i stumbled across the Visang r03 and/or the Brainwavz m2.

I have decided to buy the Brainwavz m2, though i have two questions to ask

I have read that an Amp ain't needed, but yet can be helpful. i looked at mp4nations homepage and found the FiiO e5 portable amp.
My first question are now, will that improve the music quality in the m2's in a grade that makes it worth the money, or does it even help in any way?

Then i saw that they didnt include the "old tips", which made me think that another pair could be useful, since their tips dont seem to be deeply appreciated. I saw that some1 recommended the meelectronic tips. But are thoose "the ones" to go for, or do any of you have a prefered tip with the m2?

Any help or suggestions whould be appreciated :)

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #65 of 67

Quote:
Hello everybody :).
I am pretty new with In-ear, since i have always used Headset or speakers  :)
I have spend the last few days finding out which in-ears to get.
Then i stumbled across the Visang r03 and/or the Brainwavz m2.

I have decided to buy the Brainwavz m2, though i have two questions to ask

I have read that an Amp ain't needed, but yet can be helpful. i looked at mp4nations homepage and found the FiiO e5 portable amp.
My first question are now, will that improve the music quality in the m2's in a grade that makes it worth the money, or does it even help in any way?

Then i saw that they didnt include the "old tips", which made me think that another pair could be useful, since their tips dont seem to be deeply appreciated. I saw that some1 recommended the meelectronic tips. But are thoose "the ones" to go for, or do any of you have a prefered tip with the m2?

The E5 really isn't really an amp; more of a toy with bass boost. I would recommend skipping it as in this case it would raise the price of the earphones some 20%, give you extra bulk to carry around, and not provide a significant difference in the sound from an amplification perspective (though I guess the bass boost feature will work).

The tips they stopped including are the foam ones IIRC. Those weren't much to my liking in the first place. I would say try the included single-flanges and then if those aren't satisfactory, explore other options. There is no such thing as 'the go-to tip' for any earphone since everyone's ear geometry is so different. I still like the Meelec M9 "Balanced" bi-flanges best on my M2s but YMMV. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #66 of 67
Not to necrobump, but it seems that visang now makes theirs with the 45° jack too. Just got the visangs from amazon tuesday, and out of the box the clarity is amazing...though other than full sized cans all I have to compair are my super old mdr-ex51's.  I would have prefered something with a sound signature closer to that of my m50's(in other words more neutral but with that slight lean towards the bass).  Either way, these things are still great and will definitely do until I can afford better.

On another note I did notice some wiggle where the metal makes the L(before the strain relief).  Not a big issue, but it does make me feel as though I must pull them out of my ears by grabbing a different spot.

Edit: I would also agree that the foam tips don't do enough to make the visang version worth it over the brainwavz.  Mine even started to come unglued from the little silicon ring thing that holds them on the phones when I was removing the after trying them out.

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #67 of 67

Quote:
Not to necrobump, but it seems that visang now makes theirs with the 45° jack too. Just got the visangs from amazon tuesday, and out of the box the clarity is amazing...though other than full sized cans all I have to compair are my super old mdr-ex51's.  I would have prefered something with a sound signature closer to that of my m50's(in other words more neutral but with that slight lean towards the bass).  Either way, these things are still great and will definitely do until I can afford better.

On another note I did notice some wiggle where the metal makes the L(before the strain relief).  Not a big issue, but it does make me feel as though I must pull them out of my ears by grabbing a different spot.

Edit: I would also agree that the foam tips don't do enough to make the visang version worth it over the brainwavz.  Mine even started to come unglued from the little silicon ring thing that holds them on the phones when I was removing the after trying them out.

The plug has been mentioned before, I just never found the time to go back and edit this write-up. Done now. 

IIRC the stem is threaded so you may be able to just screw it into the housing tighter if it wiggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back