virtual haircut
Aug 25, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #16 of 44
Virtual haircut is fun. Also, I like the matchbox clip. Very 3D.

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #17 of 44
I just re-discovered this here. Hilarious! My wife was squirming.

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #18 of 44
oh goodness! This is amazing! He just put the bag over my head and I freaked out.

It really makes me enjoy my headphones.

Apr 12, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #19 of 44
They should use this to make movies, that would be scary/amazing/crazy/awesome, etc. I could just imagine Slumdog Millionaire using binaural recordings, the scenes of huge crowds of people would be INCREDIBLE!

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberidd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should use this to make movies, that would be scary/amazing/crazy/awesome, etc. I could just imagine Slumdog Millionaire using binaural recordings, the scenes of huge crowds of people would be INCREDIBLE!

It would be scary for horror/thriller movies.

Apr 12, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #22 of 44
Ain't it cool, i discovered this recording a couple of years ago. I love watching my kids reactions to it. I actually have some dixieland jazz and some Vivaldi binaural recordings I like, but my fav is my Binaural dvd of a fireworks display in the Nederlands....quite nice.

Apr 12, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are those just digitally simulated binaural?

to me the sound stage is wider than normal headphone listening, but still doesn't have the real speaker-like imaging.
(I am talking about the demo music in the download-able links)

No, they are recorded with a dummy head that has microphones in the place of ears.

It varies from headphone to headphone how good this effect is, I found that IEMs produce best results probaply because the placement of the IEMs is very close to original placement of the dummyhead mics. Soundstage size is irrelevant, what is startling is the accuracy of the placement, especially stuff above and behind you.

Apr 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #24 of 44
He was talking about the demo music.

Although soundstage doesn't matter that much, it would help with the realism wouldn't it?

Apr 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #25 of 44
supposedly, the difference between headphone and speaker listening is that, with headphones, "you are there"; while with speakers, "they are here".

With my speakers playing, I can visualize the location of sound sources as if they were in my room. but even with the virtual hair cut, it is still just kind of "I am there", I still don't feel that the sounds are from somewhere in my room. I think near the end of the clip they mentioned a digital process of some kind?

Apr 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #26 of 44
I actually like "you are there" better than "they are here". they are here is you are there plus your own room acoustics added. while you are there teleports you to the actual venues acoustics as it is recorded
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #28 of 44
does anyone have the MP3 of virtual hair cut..?
it's not playing on my browser

EDIT: nevermind, google is my friend

Apr 13, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually like "you are there" better than "they are here". they are here is you are there plus your own room acoustics added. while you are there teleports you to the actual venues acoustics as it is recorded
biggrin.gif

but the whole point of binaural recording is so you can duplicate speaker listening results with headphones.

It will be ideal if that can be acheived, imaging that, speaker effects without the need to tweak with room accustic, speaker placement, etc....

Apr 13, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #30 of 44
nice new bump thread every once in a while, these files are great, i distributed the file in my work place, and now alot of my colleges also listens to them. Although some actually said wow nice headphones (AD700), and some kept checking their back to see if there is anyone there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back