Virtual Dynamics Judge power cable arrived
Mar 3, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #46 of 327
From MySpace:
June7

I put Magix levitation feet under the computer case and PSU, I could still hear the difference with HD590 but it wasn't as huge as with K1000 because normal headphones have reflections inside the pads which mess up the midrange resolution. K1000 has flat and neutral sound, and Magix keeps everything flat while increasing the resolution from top to bottom. Magix + K1000 is a perfect match.

When I was untweaking my K1000 system, I removed the Genesis power cables first, then I removed the Magix levitation feet. The tweak that gave me the most for the money was Magix. But when I tweak my HD590 system, Genesis power cable gives me the most for the money. For HD590, the improvement from Genesis is 10+ times bigger than Magix. I believe that Genesis is a component upgrade that even non-audiophiles can hear. It makes the bass bigger and tighter, how can people not hear it? I'm really considering selling my entire K1000 setup to buy a custom Judge power cable ($25k) to plug into my computer and use HD590 from EMU0404 soundcard. That's how good Genesis is.

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #47 of 327
hmm... now this begs the question, should I give up 80% of what i've saved for a down payment on a house, in order to buy a Judge?

Mar 4, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #48 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm... now this begs the question, should I give up 80% of what i've saved for a down payment on a house, in order to buy a Judge?

now I have to ask, how nice of a house are we talking about a down payment on?
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #51 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
twenty five thousand.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxter_nst
...to buy a custom Judge power cable ($25k) to plug into my computer...

Wow... just wow. All to run out of a computer-> Emu404? Thats like... worth more than everything I own if you exclude my car (which is currently being used by my sister, so its not really mine ATM
frown.gif
)... To be fair, I'm a student, but still!

Mar 4, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #53 of 327
At last I thought we had a sensible thread from Patrick82, then I saw the price and it changed everything ????? It is a very tasty cable though, but 25k !!!!

Patrick what will be your set up for the cable ?

Mar 4, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #55 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick never jokes; his cable endeavors are serious business.

That's what I thought for long time, but then I thought, maybe he's mocking us (i.e., audiophiles) by doing things that are crazy and extreme, and laughing when we don't unanimously declare him crazy and extreme, and when we engage him in serious dialogue about some of this stuff. I don't know. Is he that brilliantly funny, and are we so easily duped?
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 4, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #56 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is all a joke right?
confused.gif

maybe it was delivered along with a new volvo...

twenty five thousand for a cable...i think im going to get a nose bleed if i attempt to wrap my head around that one.

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #57 of 327
Virtual Dynamics said they lost money to build that cable for me.

Again, they told me not to say the price, I will paste in what someone else said a year ago.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f113/v...91/index3.html
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's called The Judge, and there's absolutely no need for it. Based upon my parts cost and labor approximation vs. the Genesis line, the Judge XLR interconnect would have an approximate $55,000 full retail price, or $27,500 direct price to the consumer. But that's just my speculation.

Rick needs to focus on not losing any more existing customers a hell of a lot more than he needs to create another product line, or there won't be a Virtual Dynamics left to sell any more of these high-end cables and power cords to anyone anyway.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM Post #58 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Virtual Dynamics said they lost money to build that cable for me.

Haha! I hope you do not believe that.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:41 AM Post #59 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha! I hope you do not believe that.

Really funny indeed. I can't wait to hear what setup you'll be using with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back