Violectric HPA V550 - Blue's Brother and the successor to the V281
May 4, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #406 of 1,061
Quick update on my V550 Pro.

It was sent to Violectric over 3 weeks ago by the audio shop i purchased it from to diag/fix the volume pot, and it's been stuck at customs for a couple of weeks. Suffice to say I'm not a happy chappie.

Tracking info says it's with Vio, Vio say it's stuck at customs.

Whilst i get red tape can be a pain and it happens it shouldn't affect this because it's repairs under warranty so with no financial transaction made there should be no customs charges to pay.

I hope it is just red tape creating the hold up and it hasn't been mislaid/lost in transit.

I've given the audio shop a week before i contact them again. If it's still not shown up things may get ugly. Stay tuned! 😂

May 4, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #409 of 1,061
Please read back through my posts, i've posted about this in detail a couple of times. Thanks.
Quick update... Violectric have informed that they now have my amp and will get it back here in the next couple of weeks or sooner. So long as it's fixed that's fine with me.

And here is me wishing they'd lost it and compensated me with a Nimbus! 🤣🤣🤣

May 5, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #410 of 1,061
I decided to exchange my V550 due to the volume knob very hard to turn. It seemed to get even worst, not smooth at all compared to the balance knob. I bought mine through Thomann and I was blown away by their customer service. I live in the US and they took care of everything and sent me back a bring new unit. I asked them if they could inspect for quality before shipping which they did. New unit is made it from Germany to Texas in 4 days, wow!

Another VERY important update for anyone that bought this unit from another country that uses 115-120v, be sure to adjust the internal power switch to 115v. I forgot to do that with the new unit for the first day and it sounded a lot worse then I remembered. Then it hit me right before I was getting ready for bed and I jumped up and changed the setting immediate (page 27 owners manual) and listened to a few songs and was BLOWN away. OMG couldn't believe how much a difference that made! So please everyone check the back of the amp to make sure it's set to the power requirements for your country.

Cheers!

May 5, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #411 of 1,061
I decided to exchange my V550 due to the volume knob very hard to turn. It seemed to get even worst, not smooth at all compared to the balance knob. I bought mine through Thomann and I was blown away by their customer service. I live in the US and they took care of everything and sent me back a bring new unit. I asked them if they could inspect for quality before shipping which they did. New unit is made it from Germany to Texas in 4 days, wow!

Another VERY important update for anyone that bought this unit from another country that uses 115-120v, be sure to adjust the internal power switch to 115v. I forgot to do that with the new unit for the first day and it sounded a lot worse then I remembered. Then it hit me right before I was getting ready for bed and I jumped up and changed the setting immediate (page 27 owners manual) and listened to a few songs and was BLOWN away. OMG couldn't believe how much a difference that made! So please everyone check the back of the amp to make sure it's set to the power requirements for your country.

Cheers!

Maybe Vio are having one or two issues lately with volume knobs? There's been another volume knob issue recently, knob wouldn't move past 9pm with the remote control.

I'm glad you got it sorted and 4 days from Germany to USA is awesome. Better than my UK to Germany in over 3 weeks! Awesome amps, worth the hassle. 👍

May 6, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #412 of 1,061
are your volume knob pro or normal version?

May 9, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #415 of 1,061
Has anyone guys ever compared the Violectric HPA V550 to the Burson 3X GT?
I have to decide which of the two amps to pair with the Meze Elite.
I kinda question the pc fan on the Burson which may introduce extra background noise.....

May 26, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #416 of 1,061
Hi guys,
i just bought the Violectric HPA V550pro.
I am using it with a Meze Elite headset.
I wanted to ask how long it takes for burn-in and if the sound changes.
Currently it seems to me that the sound is a little harsh and that the bass is a little too thin.

May 27, 2022 at 2:38 AM Post #417 of 1,061
Hi guys,
i just bought the Violectric HPA V550pro.
I am using it with a Meze Elite headset.
I wanted to ask how long it takes for burn-in and if the sound changes.
Currently it seems to me that the sound is a little harsh and that the bass is a little too thin.
What source are you using?
I burned the review unit for about 150 hours but honestly I didn't monitored the progress.
But the last thing I would call the V550 is bass light and thin.
Regarding the treble it is not harsh but it is highly exposing.
The V550 has the warmish Violectric house sound but not that much like let's say the V280 so I don't think that it is harsh.
Give it some time.

May 27, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #419 of 1,061
I use a Denafrips Pontus II DAC, a Denafrips Hermes DDC and a Meze Elite headset.
It is true that the Violectric has two days of use, but coming from a Burson 3XP I am very confused.
With this kind of set-up I find it very strange to sound harsh.
When I reviewed the V550 I had the Venus II into my possession and it was a match made in heaven.

May 27, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #420 of 1,061
I use a Denafrips Pontus II DAC, a Denafrips Hermes DDC and a Meze Elite headset.
It is true that the Violectric has two days of use, but coming from a Burson 3XP I am very confused.
Give the Violectric 200hrs of use, all kinds of music, pink noise, whayever you have, at 12 o'clock on the volume pot, and it'll come to you. If you still aren't happy after that send it back for a full refund.

It's a bloody good hpa, versatile with a lovely sounding pre-out, can run all kinds of hp's and iem's, has a ton of voltage and current, and sounds fabulous via balanced out, my preffered connection.

If you are still struggling, don't hang onto it, get it returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back