Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Feb 4, 2024 at 6:49 PM Post #5,776 of 5,977
I don't understand the complaints. Is this your first rodeo?? Never bought a new release before?

If Arthur gave an update in December, and Violectric updated him in January that there was an issue with a part (in this instance, the case), you find it impossible to believe that something could arise causing a delay? It happens. What's worse is calling Arthur's character and honesty into question. If he never updated us, then that would have been a problem, but he did and now you're pissed that he did. So you're going to shoot the messenger, or worse, saying he intentionally lied and said the V281 will be on time, and knowing it wouldn't?

Production delays happen in any industry. Arthur is the distributor, not the manufacturer. All he can do is keep his customers updated.

Feb 5, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #5,777 of 5,977
I don't understand the complaints. Is this your first rodeo?? Never bought a new release before?

If Arthur gave an update in December, and Violectric updated him in January that there was an issue with a part (in this instance, the case), you find it impossible to believe that something could arise causing a delay? It happens. What's worse is calling Arthur's character and honesty into question. If he never updated us, then that would have been a problem, but he did and now you're pissed that he did. So you're going to shoot the messenger, or worse, saying he intentionally lied and said the V281 will be on time, and knowing it wouldn't?

Production delays happen in any industry. Arthur is the distributor, not the manufacturer. All he can do is keep his customers updated.
Not my first rodeo, and not trying to question anyone's character or honesty - my intention was simply to get some other perspectives on the contradicting messages between the two updates.

I work for a company that manufactures our products, and I have a long history working in high-end customer service. Arthur seems like a very nice dude, and I am a repeat customer of his. I was confused and taken aback that he would send out contradicting messages (one in December saying that there were issues, including with cases, but everything was good to go except the volume pot, and then another update in January saying that cases aren't ready). Personally, I would've appreciated a little more detail or acknowledgement of the conflicting information.

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #5,778 of 5,977
Not my first rodeo, and not trying to question anyone's character or honesty - my intention was simply to get some other perspectives on the contradicting messages between the two updates.

I work for a company that manufactures our products, and I have a long history working in high-end customer service. Arthur seems like a very nice dude, and I am a repeat customer of his. I was confused and taken aback that he would send out contradicting messages (one in December saying that there were issues, including with cases, but everything was good to go except the volume pot, and then another update in January saying that cases aren't ready). Personally, I would've appreciated a little more detail or acknowledgement of the conflicting information.

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities.
You didn’t offend my sensibilities. It’s funny that you use the word sensibility, because you didn’t seem to show any. However, your logic makes no sense. You find it odd that there could be an update one month later?

However, what I take issue isn’t Violectric and their production, it’s you taking it out on Arthur. You being bothered is misplaced.
He’s only passing on the information that he’s getting. Regardless if it is good news, bad news, or whatever. He’s only being the messenger. The only thing he can do is pass it on and not withhold it. That’s what he did.

You must not have a lot of experience of buying newly released products. Everyone has delays, and usually it’s not just one or two months.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #5,779 of 5,977
You didn’t offend my sensibilities. It’s funny that you use the word sensibility, because you didn’t seem to show any. However, your logic makes no sense. You find it odd that there could be an update one month later?

However, what I take issue isn’t Violectric and their production, it’s you taking it out on Arthur. You being bothered is misplaced.
He’s only passing on the information that he’s getting. Regardless if it is good news, bad news, or whatever. He’s only being the messenger. The only thing he can do is pass it on and not withhold it. That’s what he did.

You must not have a lot of experience of buying newly released products. Everyone has delays, and usually it’s not just one or two months.
December update (emphasis add by me):
There was difficulty getting the cases made and
many other parts as well in time, but they have been successful in
everything but this one last specialized part [the volume control].

February update
:
Unfortunately, however, we now have a major problem with the new development of the housing.

You're saying my logic makes no sense, which is possible. If it's not too much trouble for you, I'd be most appreciative if you could explain to me how it's logically possible for both of those updates to be true - maybe I'm missing the forest for the trees here?

Feb 5, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #5,781 of 5,977
You’re missing my point. I’m not addressing the inconsistencies from Violectric. I’m only addressing that Arthur is passing along the information he receives from them. That’s all he can do as a distributor. He can only do one of two things. Pass on what he knows, or decide to keep the bad news to himself, and not tell anybody. Bad news does not get better with age. Again, he passed on what he was told. I’m just saying there’s no reason to be angry or question Arthur. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #5,786 of 5,977
Finally got a used V281! Will reserve all judgement till my Soekris 2541 DAC comes in, but i''m just glad I can finally stop looking now 🥳
An amazing pairing, you're in for a treat!

Feb 16, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #5,787 of 5,977
HPA V281 👑 - on its rightful throne atop the best digital chain that I have heard !!
867A64B9-988B-4376-A8B8-AB245912BA26.jpeg
[Focal Clear OG, 'fed' in this manner, gains an authority to match its 'slam'.]

Feb 17, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #5,789 of 5,977
Thank you, @ArthurPower for looking at my post! V281 and V200 have exchanged 'abodes'. V200 is now at 'mountain house'.

Feb 17, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #5,790 of 5,977

Users who are viewing this thread

Back