Violectric HPA V200 Why not sufficiently appreciated??
Sep 12, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #211 of 341

Quote:
I suggest you hear it before you judge it honestly. No offense but little of what you write  there make sense. But it´s worth a try it may be for you :)

Your absolutely right. This guy likes giving people advice on  gear he never has heard, He also been making many wild claims like being able to hear with his new toy LCD2 transformers claiming audiophile records like Chesky recordings using gimmicks and such. What he does not know is how those were actually recorded. Chesky used Trinty Church which is located near Wall Street in NYC recorded live recording almost direct to disc 2 channel recordings with the best digital equipment that was available. That's is why you can hear the room acoustics so well. Chesky recordings are reference quality. But SP Wild with the new toy likes telling other people about stuff and gear he has no clue. nada knowledge about and you had the amp used it with reference headphones but he knows better. LOL Read some of the wild stuff he writes about and you realize much of it makes no sense. If he thinks Chesky used trickery what other wild stuff is coming and I must admit comical is what it is.

Sep 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #212 of 341
I'll check in with a bit of an impression possibly relevant to the transparency/warmth question.  Compared to my Zana Duex the v200 is warmer and less transparent for sure.  The Zana is fast, transparent and has a dead quiet background.  I think the v200 may be a bit faster or the dampining plays a part in decay(??) that makes it sound quicker though.  

The presentation on the v200 is sweet though definately smoother sound, and it drives all impedance cans well, and it costs a fraction of the Zana Duex with out the build time wait.  I could live with the v200 and be absolutely happy.

Sep 13, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #213 of 341
Aha, these impressions are very useful...a subjective musial kinda neutral is exactly what I'm after in a solidstate amp for my orthos.  So long as they objectively measure neutral - they fullfil what I've been looking for.
tongue_smile.gif

Has anybody compared this amp to the Burson amp, which supposedly is a very musical amp?

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #214 of 341
I had an early version of the Burson amp, but it had soime issues so it went back. They sorted the issues in later amps.

My audio memory may not be the greatest, but I much prefer the V200 over the Burons - the extras on the V200 also tip the balance as well

Sep 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #216 of 341
Testing the new Weiss DAC202. The headphone amplifier is at least as good, if not better (I say better) than V200. With HD800 - it's simply breathtaking, a life-like experience. DAC202 is also one of the best sources I've heard, period. I wouldn't say it's as good as a high end turntable but it comes seriously close. The soundstage is different, a whole new experience. I expect some people might prefer a more focused presentation but it all comes so airy, so natural, so effortless - all I can say is listen for yourselves whenever you have the chance. 

My Violectric goes on sale. There's no need for it with DAC202. T1 goes too.

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM Post #217 of 341
3900£ well you better sell of gear
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />

Sep 20, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #218 of 341
Have to say the amp of dac 202 to me is not as good as V200 by a fair distance and certainly not sufficient enough for T1/HD800/ED10. But dac 202 can pair with a pc/mac and still sounds ok, that’s the advantage. In my experience, dac202 need a good amp to make it shine, and if the V200 can't do the job, that might because it does not go together with the source. IMHO though, on my sys.

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #220 of 341
I believe the ed10 I tried that day was under powered and would be better if properly amped.

Sep 21, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #222 of 341
It is light and comfortable (less than 290 g). In fact it's the most comfortable ultrasones I've ever tried. The sound is decent with vast sound stage (almost as big as the hd800 IMO) and airey, involving yet full of details.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #223 of 341
How is the bass/mid range compared to the ED 8/Pro 900?

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #224 of 341
Tried out the V800+V200 (source was the V800) yesterday and they drove my JH13's really well, in fact better than the StageDAC+Concerto combo can do IMO.

The Meier stack do have a bigger soundstage though (w/ Crossfeed disabled). Also the Meiers are more neutra while the Violetrics are more musical.

Oct 5, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #225 of 341

Quote:
Tried out the V800+V200 (source was the V800) yesterday and they drove my JH13's really well, in fact better than the StageDAC+Concerto combo can do IMO.

The Meier stack do have a bigger soundstage though (w/ Crossfeed disabled). Also the Meiers are more neutra while the Violetrics are more musical.

Im curious what is your definition of neutral?  Are you saying that with the Violectrics bad recordings as well as good recordings are extremely musical?  As in you can't find the faults in bad vs. good recordings as easily?  Just curious how you came to the conclusion is all.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back