Violectric HPA V200 Why not sufficiently appreciated??
Aug 21, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #121 of 341
It´s a great allrounder just like the GHP and Head One. Haven´t tested the SA5000 on it yet though. The LCD-2 is what is getting the most head time and what this comparison focuses on as reference.

I feel it´s more comparable to my Goldpoint Headphone Pro then the Head One though..
Head One have some advantages in the mid range where my solid states is slightly better in the bass department primarily. Impact is similar on both but the bass is ever so slightly wetter on the Head one then on the solid states.

Listening to some Vangelis late night and my solid states was preferrable to the Head One. Listening to open your ears and stuck in a moment the Head One performs better to give some examples. I will land with one solid state and the Head One I believe but I am not sure which solid state.
GHP and V200 behave very similar though the GHP and Head One has perhaps slightly more body and have a somewhat darker signature then the V200. Could toss a coin really but seeing the V200 is much more expensive I suspect it will go together with my Auditor. 

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #123 of 341
What I experienced when I had it and the GHP is that the Auditor did better with my 600 ohm T1 then my low impedance headphones.

I have only tried the LCD-2 on the Auditor since I got the V200 and it doesn´t have a problem with it from what I have heard so far. Listening to infected mushroom for bass tests it feel the Auditor perhaps run out of juice the slightest bit but for normal music nothing I notice much.

Aug 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #125 of 341
RCA... Thanks for the reminder I will try the XLR cables I have for the Auditor.

Aug 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #127 of 341
XLR here, out of the DA11 usually set to 28 out of 56.

V200 will accept up to +21dBu, i.e., 12Veff.

I adjust the DA11 output and V200 pre-gain to get the V200 volume knob about 12:00 for normal listening.

BK

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #128 of 341
XLR for me as well, from my Transporter into V200, I have moved the jumpers to make RCA a unity gain output to an integrated amp.

I haven't touched the pre-gain switches yet, but will probably also adjust so that 12 is normal listening level

Aug 23, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #129 of 341
I am using XLR (short run up-occ copper) cables to my v181 from the Ref5.  I am tweaking a bit with the pre-gain settings.  I love all the features this little tank has.  I even have my KRK rokit 8 speakers being fed by the front L and R mono 1/4"  balanced outs.  Let me tell you, it sounds great through my speakers, very realistic and dynamic.  I have my RCA's set as unbalanced outs at the moment.  

Aug 23, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #130 of 341
Does the XLR inputs on the V200 require a balanced signal? Tried my bridge XLR cables I use for my Auditor. No sound.

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:12 PM Post #132 of 341
Read that... You need to mess with those to use the XLR as unbalanced?

Aug 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #133 of 341

Quote:
Read that... You need to mess with those to use the XLR as unbalanced?

I have no  first hand experience, so I will let someone else answer.  Might depend upon how your xlr cables are wired up.  Looks like if you have pin2 hot, pin3 ground and pin1 not connected (or lifted via dip switch) you are OK.  Not sure if there is any advantage to unbalanced input via xlr??

BK

Aug 24, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #134 of 341
With balanced Signals the XLR connector should be wired as follows:
1 = Ground
2 = Hot / In Phase
3 = Cold / Out of Phase

With unbalanced signals the XLR connector should be wired as follows:
1 = Ground
2 = Signal
3 = Ground
The above should also be used with adaptors from cinch to XLR.
Pin 3 must be connected to ground because the internal differential amp needs a proper signal level on its input.
When this input is floating because of no connection, noise might occure !

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #135 of 341
Is it the opposite from the Auditor then? I will try my crappy cince connectors see if I get sound out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back