Violectric DHA V590 DAC/AMP - Blue Velvet
Nov 26, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #511 of 737
There's no extra gain on the v590 unless you connect a Super Nintendo Controller via XLR and press ABACABB while it powers up. That way you activate the extra gain feature that Fried hid from the manual so people don't fry their headphones because they want to brag about 8'o clock listening position with a HE-6.

i'm kidding, don't do it. +18 is max
:)

Nov 26, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #512 of 737
hi if I put +18 and +6 on the gain would it be +24 Db on the gain, or still be +18 db gain
Not as inspirational as the previous response to your question but, from Page 18 of the User manual:
"The PRE-GAIN settings +6 / +12 / +18 dB to achieve more gain. Other than the above settings are not useful but harmless."

Nov 26, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #513 of 737
Not as inspirational as the previous response to your question but, from Page 18 of the User manual:
"The PRE-GAIN settings +6 / +12 / +18 dB to achieve more gain. Other than the above settings are not useful but harmless."
how bout

+18+6-6-18 :)

that is the best setting for my easy to drive susvara :)

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #514 of 737
There's no extra gain on the v590 unless you connect a Super Nintendo Controller via XLR and press ABACABB while it powers up. That way you activate the extra gain feature that Fried hid from the manual so people don't fry their headphones because they want to brag about 8'o clock listening position with a HE-6.

well my friend I own the susvara and definitely when I engage +18 and +6 there is more volume than just +18, so maybe its worth u test again and forget the manual, I will be very surprised if you can not hear the difference, its not a big change in volume but its there and an audible increase

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #515 of 737
Well, my friend. The context of extra gain was about 24db, not about any kind of gain.

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #516 of 737
Well, my friend. The context of extra gain was about 24db, not about any kind of gain.
well :wink: but u said there was no extra secret gain doing that :)

But I think you agree there is extra gain if u engage 18+ and 6+

Dec 2, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #517 of 737
It's just that any other gain was never disputed. And yes, of course it works. I use with the Susvara too.

Dec 4, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #518 of 737
Tip. An DC blocker could be a good sound enhancer for Lake People/Violectric/Niimbus amps that rely heavily on toroidal transformers. According to iFi all wall outlets have some DC leakage more or less.

My first listening experience on entry level LP amp.

I bought one dc blocker and connected it to my audioquest niagara 1000 power conditioner. From my Lake People RS02 that have an toriodal transformer it have improved the sound even though i never had any hum.

I hear more detail. Details i havent heard before and details i have before more clearly. It heard it was easier to follow the rhythm and sounds more calm and sorted. Vocals and lyrics i can hear more clearly. I think it open up the sound beacuse more clear details and left- right stuff. I think the mechanic/metalic sound that your listening to an amp has been more removed, someone mentioned better timbre. Its not night and day but subtle still a hifi bargain imo. Just listened for some hours.

In my setup i could not hear any restrictions in dynamics. Its rated at Maximum current rating10 A. Continuous current rating 7A. Honestly it dosent sound much now that i read yulong DA1 can deliver 15A transient current maybe played at max volume then? I dont know how it will be on higher up the chain in LP/V amps. Could be worth a try if you can send it back if your not happy with results. Also iFi is not the only one that makes DC Blockers i havent checked others specs.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/dc-blocker/

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #519 of 737

Moses almighty man! The Super Nintendo controller didn't even have a "C" button! It is buttfaces like you who give us anal retentive gamers a bad name. I see you spreading any more misinformation, you won't need to enter the blood code anymore.

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #520 of 737
My Sega childhood has been exposed.

Jan 6, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #523 of 737
+1 on the insights with a TC

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #525 of 737

Users who are viewing this thread

Back