Violectric DHA V226
Feb 2, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #31 of 99
I have 2 Lush Phasure cables--the first edition, not the ones w/external P.S. wire. Not the cheapest cables around, but great sound.
They seem adequatly priced for being hand-made out of premium materials and with own technologies and know-how.
Just testing out things like these is mindnumbingly tedious, people in the audiophile world are way to quick to judge only by price (tho there definitely is snakeoil out there).

Feb 9, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #32 of 99
Since the V226 and its DAC have burned in nicely and I got my Wireworld cable into a Silverstone USB card there is no trace of sibilance or digitus in the highs left, its nice and smooth and sufficently detailed now with typical Cirrus clarity and blackground.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #33 of 99
The V226 is back to Vioelectric.
Now time for writing the review.
Teaser photo from the inside.
The DAC section.
IMG_20220208_151943.jpg

Feb 10, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #34 of 99
Wanted to provide an update after a month with the V226. Amp is excellent and has smoothed out a bit a bit more. Rich, detailed and powerful sound with my TH900's.

The DAC is unfortunately unchanged and I'm still not a fan. Most notably the bass is thin, especially when compared to my BB PCM1795 DAC.

Looking at combining a Denafrips Ares II to see how it pairs.

Feb 11, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #36 of 99
Nice! Do you reckon the DAC module can be user removed? Would love to see Violectric offer a few different modules- ES9026 Pro, AKM, R2R!
The module seems to be easily removable but I don't think that Violectric is going to bother with modules.
Anyway , this one looks like they have shoved a Chronos inside the V226.
Very simple module that I think of it more as a utility rather than something special.
The V226 is a headphone amplifier.
And a good one!

Feb 11, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #37 of 99
They kind of did that with the last series, but as an upgrade for those that wanted an all-in-one solution. I personally would have preferred the same strategy here with the V226.

Would have also preferred an optical input option, although the back-plate isn't able to support a different size opening. Not so confident in USB-C after this experience.

1644589274844.png

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #38 of 99
USB is the most requested and most popular input so any more variance will just bloat the portfolio and create too much parts dependancies. Better have a steady stream of one SKU than thousands of unsellable Toslink/RCA Chronos.

We have more choice than ever before and there are still models to be released that broaden the selection further.

I'd love to see some of the other projects come to fruition that are on hold or still just an idea in Fried's mind.

Feb 13, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #39 of 99
Hi.

I ordered the Violectric DHA V226.
I also ordered Audeze LCD-2 Classic headphones for the Violectric.

It'll be a while yet because I want to buy some decent cables.
The shop will not open until 02.21.2022.

But then I will describe my impressions here.

Feb 13, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #40 of 99
Consider the Dekoni Elite Velour for the LCD2C if you experience:

boxed in bass
upper mids to be dipped too much
uneven treble

Feb 13, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #41 of 99
Consider the Dekoni Elite Velour for the LCD2C if you experience:

boxed in bass
upper mids to be dipped too much
uneven treble
I would even suggest the hybrid sheepskin, made it sound wider and more even in the upper registers but keeps more of the subbas,
basically turned it into a mini HE1000. One of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #42 of 99
I'd love to see some of the other projects come to fruition that are on hold or still just an idea in Fried's mind.

I'd like to see Fried put out an amp with a bunch of inputs in rack/shelf format rather than desktop. Something along the lines of Audio-gd Master 9/19 config from Violectric would be rather killer.

Feb 18, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #44 of 99
Anyone know if there is a way to run a balanced DAC with this? And keep the balanced signal.
No way but it convert single ended input into balanced output.
If your DAC doesn't have single ended output or you want to solely use the XLR output, then you are going to need an 1:1 transformer to convert and keep signal integrity.
Or else an adapter will do the job.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #45 of 99
No way but it convert single ended input into balanced output.
If your DAC doesn't have single ended output or you want to solely use the XLR output, then you are going to need an 1:1 transformer to convert and keep signal integrity.
Or else an adapter will do the job.
That’s what I thought but didn’t want to accept it. I can’t think of any other example of a balanced headphone amp lacking balanced inputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back