vinyl head amp synergy tubes?
Apr 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

techenvy

500+ Head-Fier
what are some proven head amps that are notible for sounding good with your vinyl,, tube amps are said to bode well, what are some of the best sounding under 1000. also any preamps for turntables worth mentioning? how much a diff do they truly make?

thanks

Apr 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm not 100% sure I understood your question(s), but here is an attempt at an answer:

1. I regularly use the Decware CSP-2 to listen to Vinyl via headphones, and it sounds great. I used to use the Darkvoice 337 to listen to records, and it also sounded great. I also love the RSA Stealth with vinyl, but it's much more expensive.

2. Phono preamps make a HUGE difference in vinyl playback sound quality. I use an Audio Electronics (Cary) PH1-DJH which I love. I also like the new RSA F-117 Nighthawk a lot. And I thought the Simaudio Moon LP-5.3 was great when I had it, and the much less expensive LP-3 is supposed to be basically the same, just without the balanced outs.

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Use whatever headphone amp you have. If its nice, so too will be your vinyl playback system.

I agree phono stages make a very large difference. If you find yourself looking at less expensive gear look for the thing which claims to have the most accurate RIAA curve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back