Vintage Yamaha YH-100's
Nov 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jeffrocc

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings all,

Newbee to head-fi, but have had cans glued to my head since first Sony walkman 4 of the early 80's! Bunch of Headgear and amps, but always went back to my YH-100's for some reason, (the sound man!!) and was surprised to see how much effort people are putting in to keeping them alive. Sadly, although the drivers are still prime, everything else is falling apart lol. I'm wondering if anyone out there has managed to accumulate any parts, or a burnt out pair, or could point me in the right direction to rebuild mine, other than Ebay, which has been picked clean.

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Wow what a beautiful job they did. Unfortunately i do not have the original headband, I foolishly replaced it with a piece of nylon webbing many years ago (in my early 20's, no patience and totally unaware of the jewel in my hands lol!!!) So now I have nothing as a guide but pics from the web. I'm really surprised how difficult this quest has become to find a broken pair, I figured there must have been a pile of them made in the early 80's, but maybe not. Thanks for the suggestion though, any help in this is much appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back