Vintage Stax repair and maintenance
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #226 of 236
There used to be guides on recoating drivers in the DIY section of Head-Fi. It's been awhile since I've looked them up.

Jul 8, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #229 of 236
On the issue of imbalance, what are the known causes and what procedures to alleviate it?

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #233 of 236
i have an sra-3s heading to me from japan, so i'm wondering if anybody has a favorite technician who works with stax and could restore this well-regarded little amp.

in the NYC area would be ideal, although i could mail it anywhere i guess!

...and maybe not a vastly expensive boutique-type place? my ears are hungry but my wallet is on a diet.

thanks for any recommendations you may have!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #234 of 236
I have Lambda Signatures with pads in great shape but need new dust mesh. Has anyone replaced their dust mesh without removing pads?
What are you using for replacement mesh material? I have a 30-year-old pair of Lambda Pros in which the mesh between the metal screen over the driver and the listener's ear disintegrated. The leather pads are in good shape. Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #235 of 236
i have an sra-3s heading to me from japan, so i'm wondering if anybody has a favorite technician who works with stax and could restore this well-regarded little amp.

in the NYC area would be ideal, although i could mail it anywhere i guess!

...and maybe not a vastly expensive boutique-type place? my ears are hungry but my wallet is on a diet.

thanks for any recommendations you may have!
If you still haven't found anyone to help you, you might try Audio Connection in Verona, NJ. I haven't used them for my Stax gear yet, but I called them a while back and asked if they could do some repairs and they said 'yes.' They are good guys with a good reputation.
https://www.audioconnect.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back