Vintage RS-1s up on Ebay.
Feb 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

tintin47

Headphoneus Supremus
Don't really know where this should go. Mods please move it if it belongs in a different forum. There is a vintage looking pair of RS-1s up on ebay right now.
rs-1s

I say vintage looking because they definitely have the wooden box, but the headband can't be seen clearly as the pics are not very large. They also seem to be outfitted with bowls. Who knows. Anyway, just thought I would let everyone know.

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #2 of 32
Huh, they don't look vintage. Perhaps the seller bought the box by itself in the past; I've seen one or two pop up on eBay before.

Feb 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh, they don't look vintage. Perhaps the seller bought the box by itself in the past; I've seen one or two pop up on eBay before.

It's possible, but if anyone here was looking to buy it as vintage, they would contact the seller for better photos to verify it first. I agree that the phone doesn't look really vintage, but the headband looks brown to me, though that could just be a subpar pic.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brown headband, light color buttons, old style font and a wood box.

If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck.....................

IT IS A DUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for that. Also, Fatcat, how can you tell all of that from the pics provided? They are scarcely larger than thumbnails for me, and clicking on them did nothing to enlarge them. Either way, I trust that you can see those features well enough. Hopefully someone gets out with a relatively cheap vintage.

Feb 18, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully someone gets out with a relatively cheap vintage.

Well not anymore since you've posted this here!..
biggrin.gif

Seriously, it's considered bad form to post a link to an auction because it jacks up the price for everyone.

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to post a link to an auction because it jacks up the price for everyone.

Not really. It will settle at market price for a vintage version. It may be true that no one here will get one for cheaper than the market value, but that wouldn't happen anyway. At the time I first posted, there were already 18 bids and the price was at or a bit above the used price for an Rs-1 around here, with 4 days left. That in mind, I would say it is better to alert forum members who may be looking for one.

If the price had been absurdly low, or even near the beginning of the auction, I probably wouldn't have posted, but as is now, my alert probably didn't change too much.

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Well not anymore since you've posted this here!..
biggrin.gif

Seriously, it's considered bad form to post a link to an auction because it jacks up the price for everyone.

Who cares if this is "bad form"?

If there is someone willing to pay a higher price than another why "hide" it from the highest bidder?

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really. It will settle at market price for a vintage version. It may be true that no one here will get one for cheaper than the market value, but that wouldn't happen anyway. At the time I first posted, there were already 18 bids and the price was at or a bit above the used price for an Rs-1 around here, with 4 days left. That in mind, I would say it is better to alert forum members who may be looking for one.

If the price had been absurdly low, or even near the beginning of the auction, I probably wouldn't have posted, but as is now, my alert probably didn't change too much.

Well if you look more carefully, you'll see that there are only 5 bids (18 is the feedback of the highest bidder). So perhaps only one bidder has realized that it is vintage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who cares if this is "bad form"?

If there is someone willing to pay a higher price than another why "hide" it from the highest bidder?

You might not care but I'm pretty sure the highest bidder would care.
wink.gif

The point is that, originally, someone had a chance of getting a great deal on a vintage RS-1. You've reduced this likelihood by posting here.

Feb 18, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #12 of 32
I would rather reduce the likelihood of a good deal and give more head-fiers a chance at it, knowing that it will probably settle at or close to market value anyway, but I understand where you are coming from.

Either way, the original point of the thread was to discuss whether they were vintage or not.

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Well if you look more carefully, you'll see that there are only 5 bids (18 is the feedback of the highest bidder). So perhaps only one bidder has realized that it is vintage.

You might not care but I'm pretty sure the highest bidder would care.
wink.gif

The point is that, originally, someone had a chance of getting a great deal on a vintage RS-1. You've reduced this likelihood by posting here.

Actually, the highest bidder wouldn't care, because he was willing to pay more than the next bidder. If he did care, he wouldn't have been willing to fork out the highest amount he was willing to give.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure these are vintage so...

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 32
He listed it as vintage with pinkish drivers and brown headband, so.....

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He listed it as vintage with pinkish drivers and brown headband, so.....

But he hadn't done that initially... hence, this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back