Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris
Jul 24, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #106 of 123
Which of those filters is the NOS,or do I need to search for that elsewhere?

Thanks

NOS filter should be available to download @ diyaudio forum. But it's non-official, it was created by some kind forumer.

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #107 of 123
NOS filter should be available to download @ diyaudio forum. But it's non-official, it was created by some kind forumer.

Sorry for my garbled message, darn spellcheck, @alvin1118, will these filteres also work with the Vinshine Reference R2R DAC? Is it the same download process?

Jul 24, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #108 of 123
Sorry for my garbled message, darn spellcheck, @alvin1118, will these filteres also work with the Vinshine Reference R2R DAC? Is it the same download process?

Yes, the DAC uses generic Soekris dam1021. It works well with the same download procedure. Hope it helps!

Aug 1, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #109 of 123
hi guys,
I have found two switches inside the DAC, please suggest what they are using for?
One more question - what is the latest recommended firmware version and filters configuration for the Vinshine Audio DAC-R2R-REF?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #110 of 123
There is an issue has been faced.
Sound disappearing from headphones output after long listening (2+ hours).
If you remove headphones and switch ON Monitors connected by XLR - its works fine. Switch between USB-Coax - it works.
Switch on headphones back - no sound. Switch between USB-Coax - it doesn't work.
I still don't know the way to resolve that immediately. The only way to recover is to wait about 5-10 mins and make DAC On/Off once or many times till the sound is back for headphones.
The issue is reproduced stable - connect headphones and wait 2+ hours, sound will disappear 100%
Am I alone with such kind of problem?

Dec 22, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #111 of 123
Hi all...

Question about the Vinshine R2R... I have always used it single ended plugging the DAC into my Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2 using RCAs. I just bought a balanced amp and will be using the XLRs instead. For those who use the Vinshine as a balanced DAC, will I see a difference in sound quality or function moving from single ended to balanced? I have a limited edition version made for the Russian market which I believe is the exact same as the normal version. Only difference being the use of symbols instead of words on the front panel. The back has both RCA and XLR just the same. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Feb 9, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #113 of 123
Will the firmware update make a difference? Do I need to do anything in particular to download the updates into my Vinshine?

Feb 9, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #114 of 123
It looks like the update is only for Windows users. I have never updated the firmware of a DAC as it generally doesnt apply to MAC users. No clue what to do.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #115 of 123
yes, you need Windows. The guide you can find in post #103. New firmware is compatible with new custom filters you can find at diyaudio forum. I've been upgraded my vinshine and yes, filters do the changes in sound.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #116 of 123
I have a MAC. Should be good to go... I find a bit more dynamic range with my Vinshine running balanced. Sounds fantastic!

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #118 of 123
may be, but from another side you use other cables which can influence the sound as well
Very true. I have Blue Dragon RCA Interconnects and Cardas XLR Interconnects. Different cables, but both pretty decent. I only use the DAC in Pure DAC fixed mode running to my Pathos Aurium Hybrid Tube Amp. Great combo... I have been yearning for a new DAC, but it is a really good DAC so hard to part ways.

Feb 18, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #119 of 123
I found that this DAC sounds better(more analog, less digital) via AES input which I never used before. But looks like there is a major disadvantage - it doesn't except even flac 192/24. Can this be improved somehow?

Feb 18, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #120 of 123
How do I use AES from my MAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back