Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015?
Sep 30, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #61 of 117
Hello Almoskosz,

I will bring it for you to hear. Your HE-400 (planar I presume) should be easily driven by this because I bought it to run my HE6, notoriously power demanding....but a great headphone.

Best,
N.

Oct 1, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #63 of 117
Hej everyone
Will someone bring the beyer 990?
I know it's no high end headphone but I want to buy a full sounding headphone which had wide soundstage and that's the one I had thought about.

Anyway, I also want to ask if someone want me to bring a particular headphone.
Well, I'm a student and because of that I don't own very expensive stuff, mostly akg.
My favorites at the moment are the K702 and the K400.
But also everyone should have listened to the Sextett once.
Just tell me if you want to.

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #66 of 117
Hello Rafa,

I see from the photos you have the good old Hifiman 801, same here. Great DAP for me for years, and I have known (and own) all their DAPs myself...IMO the best value for high end DAPs around. I am currently very much enjoying the 901s, which I traded my older 901 for with Hifiman, and the sound is even better than the great 901. I run my Stax off it...

The 801 has a warmer sound and I would not say it is replaced by the 901 - for anyone interested - because the 801 is just a wonderful player absolutely in its own right (I use it). And I prefer the solid you-know-where-you-are button scrolling to ipod type circular fiddling...

For anyone interested in a cheaper neutral excellent player, the original Hifiman 601 (which got me started in this interest) is a super player, especially for classical... Build quality of all these players is excellent in my view... (I have no financial interests in Hifiman!) 

N. 

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #67 of 117
  Hello Rafa,

I see from the photos you have the good old Hifiman 801, same here. Great DAP for me for years, and I have known (and own) all their DAPs myself...IMO the best value for high end DAPs around. I am currently very much enjoying the 901s, which I traded my older 901 for with Hifiman, and the sound is even better than the great 901. I run my Stax off it...

The 801 has a warmer sound and I would not say it is replaced by the 901 - for anyone interested - because the 801 is just a wonderful player absolutely in its own right (I use it). And I prefer the solid you-know-where-you-are button scrolling to ipod type circular fiddling...

For anyone interested in a cheaper neutral excellent player, the original Hifiman 601 (which got me started in this interest) is a super player, especially for classical... Build quality of all these players is excellent in my view... (I have no financial interests in Hifiman!) 

N. 

Hi Nishy,

The HM-801 that you can see on the photos belongs to me, and I absolutely agree with you, that in view of many DAPs that are now being released in tremendous numbers annually, it has rather unique sound signature, and it's shame that Hifiman didn't release any substitute or successor to it and instead went more mainstream with such products as 901/901s.

Besides, it's not just HM-801, it is a heavily modded version, and modded not just by replacement of generic parts with more esoteric "audiophile" ones, but by development of an amp card and analog filter PCB from the scratch (links in my signature are clickable). Guys from MyST Audio had it measured against regular stock version, and here are the results:
Stock: http://ozvuke.pro/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=4136
Modifiaction: http://ozvuke.pro/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=4137

So, if you  are into Hifiman DAPs, then listening to this version may be an interesting experience for you :wink:

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #69 of 117
Hi everyone,

I also live in Vienna, Austria! This sounds interesting, could I also come by on the 17th?
I have to leave at 17h though, but maybe there are already lots of people before that.
I can bring to the party only very little: my Beyerdynamic T1, an iBasso DX100 and a Centrance Hifi-M8.
I also have a DIY built DAC from Twisted Pear Audio, the Buffalo DAC 3, fully balanced with 4XLR output, if someone is interested.
I'd be very interested to hear my T1 from a OTL tube amp if anybody has... but those things are heavy of course :D

Cheers,
Hugo

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #71 of 117
Hi everyone,

I also live in Vienna, Austria! This sounds interesting, could I also come by on the 17th?
I have to leave at 17h though, but maybe there are already lots of people before that.
I can bring to the party only very little: my Beyerdynamic T1, an iBasso DX100 and a Centrance Hifi-M8.
I also have a DIY built DAC from Twisted Pear Audio, the Buffalo DAC 3, fully balanced with 4XLR output, if someone is interested.
I'd be very interested to hear my T1 from a OTL tube amp if anybody has... but those things are heavy of course
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Hugo

"I can bring to the party only very little: my Beyerdynamic T1" wow :D

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #72 of 117
Looking forward! Some exotic gear has been mentioned here :)
I'm on the fence to buy the new T1 gen 2, does anyone have it already? Then I can compare it to the 1st gen T1...
I could even bring my laptop, mic pre-amp and condenser microphone to make some frequency response measurements if anyone is interested.
This is the frequency response of my T1 for example, I just measured it, you can see the well known 8kHz bump.
Would be interesting to see the 2 gen curve.

Oct 4, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #74 of 117
Looking forward! Some exotic gear has been mentioned here
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm on the fence to buy the new T1 gen 2, does anyone have it already? Then I can compare it to the 1st gen T1...

Yes, I do have a T1.2 and will take it with me. With you bringing your T1 I can leave mine at home... and bring something else instead.

To mention that again: I currently have some headphones and one portable amp to sell:

Beyerdynamic T5p, Custom One Pro Plus, T70, T1, DT250
Ultrasone Signature Pro
NAD HP50
V-Moda VAMP Verza in black

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #75 of 117
Yes, I do have a T1.2 and will take it with me. With you bringing your T1 I can leave mine at home... and bring something else instead.

To mention that again: I currently have some headphones and one portable amp to sell:

Beyerdynamic T5p, Custom One Pro Plus, T70, T1, DT250
Ultrasone Signature Pro
NAD HP50
V-Moda VAMP Verza in black

Great, thanks! If I understand you will bring your T1.2, I will bring my T1.1? I'd love to hear them side by side! Maybe even measure the curve..?
If it's really noticeably better, my T1.1 will be for sale. It's 4XLR balanced terminated by the way.

The DX100 is also for sale btw, I only listen to the Hifi-M8 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back