Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015?
Sep 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #46 of 117
Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. I started with the humble HM 601 player and went up. All 3 big headphones are good in their own signatures/user tastes, but my favourite through many amps I owned is the Hifiman HE6 (planar mag) with Ray Samuels Darkstar amp (superb match, and superb looking too).

Edgar, my 009 are currently driven by a loaned Stax SRM 602 (good enough), as my ordered SRM 007M2 is being shipped from Japan: but my real interest is ultimately in a Blue Hawaii or Woo Audio WES...(can't find one in Austria) - the Stax is wonderful even by the 3 big headphone standards. The BUDA amp (Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp from headphone.com), came with its separate filtered power supply from US.This is a good mid level *portable* amp I use when I need decent sound in far off (remote) places with terrible electricity issues. The RS SR71B is also an even more portable powerful amp that can handle the power hungry HE6. 

Best,
N.

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #47 of 117
So the 17th it is. I'll try to update those not registered here.

If anyone is interested in something special from my small collection please let me know. Otherwise I'll try to restrict myself to the newest toys... DT1770 is on the way :)

Oh, and many thanks to @Edgar Kaksis for taking care of the room reservation! Looking forward to see you all in October.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #48 of 117
  So the 17th it is. I'll try to update those not registered here.

Time to rev up my Lear for the long flight across the pond. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #49 of 117

Time to rev up my Lear for the long flight across the pond. 
biggrin.gif

We'll reserve at least tree adjacent parking lots for your stretch limo and two additional rooms for your entourage :wink:

@all: Please take a look at my current for-sale items -- would be a good chance to try before you buy...

Sep 21, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #50 of 117
@plakat:  Thanks, but not needed, no VIP treatment, I keep a low profile on the ground! 
biggrin.gif

btw, hats off to Austrians for their humanity in accepting thousands of refugees from Syria.

Enjoy your meet next month @all.

Sep 21, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #51 of 117
  @plakat:  Thanks, but not needed, no VIP treatment, I keep a low profile on the ground! 
biggrin.gif

btw, hats off to Austrians for their humanity in accepting thousands of refugees from Syria. Quite a contrast to what Hungary has done.

Enjoy your meet next month @all.

I think it'd be wiser to keep politics out of this conversation. It might ruin the experience.

And I will keep my self discipline and not comment on your opinion. (I am Hungarian)

Sep 21, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #52 of 117
  I think it'd be wiser to keep politics out of this conversation. It might ruin the experience.

And I will keep my self discipline and not comment on your opinion. (I am Hungarian)

Done. No offence was intended.
Enjoy the meet.

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #53 of 117
And last but not least,the ONLY ONE,THE EUROPEAN HP GURU NOMAX will be on the party in Oct!lol

Here the pictures fom last week at the AKG HEADQUATERS with the man behind K812,K3003 etc etc

Regards CRAZY NOMAX

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #58 of 117
And last but not least,the ONLY ONE,THE EUROPEAN HP GURU NOMAX will be on the party in Oct!lol

Here the pictures fom last week at the AKG HEADQUATERS with the man behind K812,K3003 etc etc

Do you know something about a new in ear AKG N20, it looks the businesd for a true down to earth price, but beside the website no othet news nor reviews

Regards CRAZY NOMAX

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #59 of 117
Hi almoskosz,

I have a Hifiman EF5 tube hybrid amp that I have little used and looking to sell. It will drive even the power hungry Hifiman HE6 headphones, which is what I bought it to do before I went into bigger amps... 

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #60 of 117
  Hi almoskosz,

I have a Hifiman EF5 tube hybrid amp that I have little used and looking to sell. It will drive even the power hungry Hifiman HE6 headphones, which is what I bought it to do before I went into bigger amps... 

Hi,
That's cool, I have a Hifiman he-400i, as you probably know, and I am looking for an amp, though, I can not afford one quite yet, because of my recent investment in upgrading my astronomy setup :) .
I might try it if you take it with you to the meet, because that's my main reason of going there, to try many different amps, and with that, get an understanding of what it's all about, you know, getting a step higher in the hi-fi food chain :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back