Video: DIY Custom Fit IEMs - super easy
May 30, 2011 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JxK

1000+ Head-Fier

It looks interesting. I might try it with my pfe. What do you guys think?

May 30, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 10
Pretty cool although if i did that with my IE8's i'm quite sure the putty would get into the mash guard and ruin them :frowning2:. I will just wait till i get my ACS T1's :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 10
I've tried this, one times too many to be quite honest. Long story short, save your cash, you aren't missing much IMO.

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #10 of 10
It's the very same silicone putty Radian uses, as well as most (if not all) other IDY impression kit available online. I've owned two professional impression ktis (with plastic syringe and oto blocks inclusive), as well as the Radians. Again, I personally recommend saving for professional impressions. Call around, get a few quotes. Some here have managed professional impressions with local audiologists for as low as $20. The only discrepancy with the DIY is that you'll definitely need some careful post impression modifications/alterations before they're comfortable enough to be worn for extended periods of time, and practically speaking, be put to use. Bare in mind that simply plugging the ear with the silicone mix, and shoving the earphones into the mix while it's curing does NOT produce good results! The angle of the earphones nozzle/bore must be VERY carefully aligned so that once the impression has cured, and the earphone is removed, the bore angle aligns properly with the ear canal. It takes multiple attempts, unless you've got better luck than many, and in turn, it's best left to the professionals IMO. If anything, It's much, much easier to instead devise the following:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back